RvR advice needed regarding proper solo-ing hours

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
It's one of those times in the year when I'm really quite busy including weekends which in turn means that any leisure (obviously including daoc time) is very limited.

However, despite my accounts run out the last week or so due mostly to me being too busy to even pay attention to the goa emails, I still don't feel like giving up.

The thing is tho, that I'm reading about yet further decline in population, and my gaming hours will probably be during day time (up to 4 uk time or something like that).

So, the question is, will I be finding anything there to ding my shade rr9 or will it be one of the cases that I'll be able to just afk for 30 mins and nothing will touch me? (consider cases when i-rvr is not available as well please)

Thanks all.

PS. Yeah, also during those hours consider that I wouldn't want to fight again and again the same people. Mostly after a few fights we end up hugging way too much!

Blazor Meneth

Fledgling Freddie
Around those hours r good action for soloers, imo 3cet-6cet is good..
And stay at bridge!

Blazor Meneth

Fledgling Freddie
The elite pricks who destroyed the server and when they left the server they destroyed it once more, ok? I think it must be something els though..

Olvoair

Fledgling Freddie
What killed the server was that there has been an insufficient flow of new players. Whether that is because of the nature of the game (get to 50, get a bb or 2, get ml, get arties etc), the community not welcoming new comers or GOA not spending the $ necessary for promoting it and getting the retailers to sell it is rather moot.

I would rather focus on enjoying the game while it still exists. The part I enjoy the most is small grp action, and with diminished population I for one have little issue with current state. I have the toons I want to play, I have enough resources to equip them and a couple of players I like to play with. Later I might find another game, but honestly I cant imagine myself spending the same amount of time on any other game. I have tried wow fairly seriously, and lotro, eq2, vanguard less seriously but to quote U2 I havent found what I was looking for. Hence I am still here.

Next step forward would be to merge with another server, be it German, with German language base or US wouldnt much matter. In either case pve wouldnt be my focus (German server = cant understand the others / quests, US = no raids when I can play). Getting more variety in opponents would be nice though.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
The elite pricks who destroyed the server and when they left the server they destroyed it once more, ok? I think it must be something els though..

There is no one reason why the cluster is dead, but people fucking off from it, rolling elsewhere and yelling at the rest how shit and boring they are surely didn't help the cluster in the first place while being there, maybe only in their own eyes as they did it while playing on it as well, driving any sane noob away.

The other who rerolled and and who didn't bother to make a CM/DA-thread daily rolled elsewhere due to the low population, can't reallly blame them for it.

At the GC German GoA stuff told me that there are no plans whatsoever to cluster any servers further and now that one can't even get a decent fight in the mornings i lost the joy to log in. Log in once or twice, see something lame like only BG'ed or DI botted casters at 9 am at the weekend and I log off to play something else. I think proper soloing hours are gone now for good, it was different just 2-3 months ago but then Requiel came and stomped people trying to have some fun solo into the ground because of his MSN buddy.

marem

Fledgling Freddie
Majority of the people who rerolled German servers have played this game since release or even before. They were on this server far before cluster was even thought of. Funny how people whos names aren't even recognisable to people who played back when DAoC was actually alive are criticising them tbh.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Majority of the people who rerolled German servers have played this game since release or even before. They were on this server far before cluster was even thought of. Funny how people whos names aren't even recognisable to people who played back when DAoC was actually alive are criticising them tbh.

Such a foggy post, so who exactly is critising exactly what players he didn't play with/against?

Ckiller

Loyal Freddie
Theres still lots of action as for solo fights, even though there r lots of pricks around :(

I recently came back from us and english cluster is by far a better place

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
It was much worse than it is now a few months ago, not sure why, mebbe uni hols bring peeps back or something. If so, wonder what'll happen in a month or so when everyone goes back...close the door and turn off the lights.

Goretooth

Fledgling Freddie
it sux tbh... tried to solo a bit but all the time (even now) there's 1+ alb fg out who zerg it all

Had some fun with a duo... and the adding tic... but with a tic and a friar it's tough to take anything out with just dots and ma occasional dd/bolt :)... could just kite, kite, kite...

anyways... not rly any solo hours I can think of... especially if u have work and can't stay up till that time (if it exists) where the albs are less than a fg out - or just divided o_O... naaah haha joke @ me on that last one :D

Cheers and good luck

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
stop turning every thread into a whine about something

decent solo hours (in gmt):

8am till 12am

3pm till 5pm

1am till 4am

it randomly gets a bit zergy around lunchtime and then around 6pm it gets truly zerged up, iv been havin some fun in the twilight hours thou but its usually the same 15-20 ppl around then

if irvr is in alb, then occassus to eras path is good for solo

if irvr is in hib, then either hunt crua-bolg or the shore opposite graveyard

if irvr is in mid- well it never is

if theres no irvr either hunt brynja docks or occasus docks or stay at bolg drop off point in hib

and theres ALWAYS people in labby or poc at primetime- id have thought you could have alot of fun with a shade in poc (with some buff pots)- not the epic 1v1 but the old kinda df scrambles

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Used to be nice mornings and noon till afternoon..
But its empty these days in the morning.
Seems early in the afternoon and very late at night r the only truly viable hours now.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
I'm out almost every morning solo on my champ, mostly around bolg.

Goretooth

Fledgling Freddie
I'm out almost every morning solo on my champ, mostly around bolg.

Ya I saw u ... but you didn't seem like u wanted to attack me... just snared and ran... so didn't attack o_O

But it's nice to hear a alb talk about solo hours :m00: ... or well rly it isn't - well it's pointless...

aika

Can't get enough of FH
why would i attack a shaman? I have no bb on hib, dont wanna run back to beg for buffs again.

since all I remember you doing is shearing me when i have a 1v1 with a mid stealther, so i guess you cant really talk about soloing either

Goretooth

Fledgling Freddie
Actually I killed quite a few 1on1... ofc the buffshear is a part of it (trust me if I could just cast debuffs I would) but they are quite effective and a part of it...

But hey... in irvr on alb I did run around with the zerg as it was almost purely zerg vs zerg and all I did there was shear and aoe root/disease...

Dont rly remember that episode (me shearing u in a 1on1)... if it wasn't in alb then I'm sorry - 5 days of complete zerg does that and if it was on ur infil @ beno bridge then ohh well - deserved over and over again... but I guess we can all point fingers...

aika

Can't get enough of FH
yeah use irvr as excuse to add and zerg :) and yes you sheared my inf quite a few times, especially after i killed your shammy-savage duo. Deserved cause I run solo? ok :>

Goretooth

Fledgling Freddie
Aye all albs are solo - but never alone... and anyways... you interferred in my fights atleast as many times as I sheared you :)... not only on Thiddy but also on Thargur...

Tho you were decent vs Nylis I must say... dno what changed...

aika

Can't get enough of FH
I only started adding on you on purpose after you sheared me, it was intentional, I never add on anything unless they add on me first.

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
Aye all albs are solo - but never alone...

not all albs are adding gits :> and we cant magically make them not add all the time (most we can do is rage via pm but doesnt work)

and tbh, your wanting 1v1 fights on a shearing shaman?

its a run back to the buff bot regardless of the outcome

Goretooth

Fledgling Freddie
Tharg must've been a mistake then ;) ... well it's easy to make mistakes out there in the zerg...

Anyways pointless discussion...

Goretooth

Fledgling Freddie
not all albs are adding gits :> and we cant magically make them not add all the time (most we can do is rage via pm but doesnt work)

and tbh, your wanting 1v1 fights on a shearing shaman?

its a run back to the buff bot regardless of the outcome

Didn't try to point out that you were an adding gitt at all... just that it's not possible to judge solo possibilties for mid/hib if you play alb :)

And alrighty shame I dont meet more of em ofc :)... and good you're out there...

But aye deffo a prob that none wanna fight shammies but I had some cool fights still

Outtamind

Fledgling Freddie
Simple idea but why not stick a bb in the laby entrance tower for each realm and use agramon for solo rvr?

Why solo around the zergs? you only get eaten alive and complain here about it

Hardly anyone hunts in Agramon other then the odd few quests here and there
If solo`ers agreed to not kill each others bb`s then agramon would be the ideal quiet place with no zerging problems... mayb the odd tit now and then but they`ll get used to it when they get pm`d to death

And it would save the constant whine threads here :S

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
Simple idea but why not stick a bb in the laby entrance tower for each realm and use agramon for solo rvr?

Why solo around the zergs? you only get eaten alive and complain here about it

Hardly anyone hunts in Agramon other then the odd few quests here and there
If solo`ers agreed to not kill each others bb`s then agramon would be the ideal quiet place with no zerging problems... mayb the odd tit now and then but they`ll get used to it when they get pm`d to death

And it would save the constant whine threads here :S

thats actually a class idea

apart from the fact that, agramon is q big, so finding ppl isnt THAT easy, also, you have to get a significant number of ppl to agree to this for it not to be dead boring (same fights all day is zzz) also, with low server pop. if a %age of solo'ers do move to agramon, archer zergs will move also, and small mans will start roaming it for the holy rp etc etc

alot of effort compared to how easily it could be ruined

saitoh

Loyal Freddie
Ya I saw u ... but you didn't seem like u wanted to attack me... just snared and ran... so didn't attack o_O

But it's nice to hear a alb talk about solo hours :m00: ... or well rly it isn't - well it's pointless...

so your are the fucking idiot that sheared me when i was hepling you vs albs . gw mate u r0x "solo"

Goretooth

Fledgling Freddie
so your are the fucking idiot that sheared me when i was hepling you vs albs . gw mate u r0x "solo"

Nope... didn't claim to be solo or solo-minded - just said that I tried to solo almost at every point of the "day" and had almost all my runs ended by albs in numbers ...

But nice of u to help and sry for the shears

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom