Fledgling Freddie
Hello guys,

I just bought a brand new computer:

Intel C2D 2.4 ghz
8800GTX
4GB kingston ram
etc..

OS is Vista and im running dx10.

I just installed DAoC and im experiencing running lag, the character runs, but its like the animation stops sometimes, doesnt seem to affect running speed tho but its kind of annoying as it makes it hard to see when your in range etc.

Anyone experienced this before? And please spare me the "Fuck vista, install XP" comments.. :)

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
what forceware are you running for your fx card?

its got nothing to do with vista btw might be the force ware drivers or your network cards

Craft

Fledgling Freddie
Vista isn't fully compatible with Daoc until patch 1.88 - however if you have two processors and are still having 'lag' issues turn one off, this should help :)

Keata

Fledgling Freddie
what forceware are you running for your fx card?

its got nothing to do with vista btw might be the force ware drivers or your network cards

Cant believe i didnt think about that before :) Im running 101,7 and theres a 158.x out, im gonna try it out and then repport back..

Keata

Fledgling Freddie
Yea i know, but those are beta drivers tho, any experience with running beta drivers?

Upgrading to 158 didnt help btw. Im playing in US, so the client is Vista ready..

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
Yea i know, but those are beta drivers tho, any experience with running beta drivers?

Upgrading to 158 didnt help btw. Im playing in US, so the client is Vista ready..
whats your latency as it could be simply be that if you playing on the usa servers i have had it if i use one of my isp's busier propagation servers.

the beta drivers seem fine havent had any problems with them on my 8800 card and no of the guys at jcxp have had any problems either

shame same cant be said for cata7.7

Keata

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm i havent messured the latency, but i dont think its an issue as i have played there for about 1 month, the problem didnt exist with my old computer. In the meantime i have disabled Aero which seemed to help quite alot, but i havent really had a chance to test it fully yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom