Running 3 accounts?

Keata

Fledgling Freddie
Is anyone running 3 accounts? The reason for this desire is that i just recently started up on Ywain, and i have access to my friends account + bot, so i thought of PL'ing meself. Heard something about WMware and stuff.

Any experiences out there?

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
VMWare can simulate a PC. Working with it for years, but never tried it with DAoC. Performance otherwise is pretty good, not sure how it'll handle DirectX.

Virtual PC (Microsoft) is a free alternative to VMWare, never tried that though.

Keata

Fledgling Freddie
I was told on VNboards that the new versions of WMware was able to handle directX perfectly.

Downloaded and installed it, just can't find my old damn XP key :)

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Download process explorer
Scroll down to the first game.dll
Expand, find the mutant entry ending in daoc1
Kill it
Pick the second game.dll
Expand, find the mutant entry ending in daoc2
Kill it
Start another 1 or 2 copies of daoc. I've had 4 running no problem.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Not sure it can be done on windows 7 but anything to kill the mutex files will work on Vista. Manually or a script program like hotkeynet.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It wont let me expand it on mine. Do I need to do anything to expand it? running as admin and whatnot.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 99

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Oh, i must admit that that was second hand information i passed on. Penlid/Jono was the one who said it worked. I'll point him at this thread.

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
You need to click on view and show lower pane to see the mutex to kill. The mutex will be a long the lines of DAOCi1

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
Hiya,

I'm not very good with things like this. I downloaded the latest version and even with the instructions on how to get started it just goes straight over my head.

Could anyone give me some 'idiots guide' on how to use the programme?

I mean setting up a 'code' when to use it etc...

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Soz didnt get around to it. will do though. rash promises and all that.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Which OS are you running? If its Vista then there is a guide on the website, using hotkeynet.

Its a case of creating a script, in this case a text file called script.txt containing a command line, listed on their webiste. You just open up 2 instances of DAOC, run the script (using hotkeynet) then run 2 more. You can do this as many times as you like.

If its on 7 I will have a look tonight too. Its pretty straight forward too. Run process explorer, click on daoc, find the mutant in the bottom pane (ending daoc1 or daoc2) and close it. The reason I couldn't do it was because I wasn't running process explorer as an admin.

Tylegg

Fledgling Freddie
google lottacam, use it at your own risk. Most private servers on DAoC Portal allow it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom