Running 2 accounts

Katsuki

Fledgling Freddie
How does the euro game hold out with running 2 accounts? the US client was working fine until i think it was patch 1.63-5, then I had serious framerate and connection problems... i have a p4 1.7 with 512 ram and ge-force 4 ti, and the game runs fine with 1 account running, full screen or windowed in max resolution. Thanks for your help!

Silver

Fledgling Freddie
I was jsut about to post a topic on similar lines so ill jsut add to this if you dont mind :)

Want to know how you go about playing 2 accounts on one comp, i have a powerful enough comp to do it but not sure what exacltly i have to do? Do i run both in windowed mode? And do i need to copy any files or anything?

Thanks

Bishibosh

Fledgling Freddie
Well you should be okay... I mean I run two accounts on a 1.3 gig AMD athlon, 512 Mb RAM, 64Mb GF2...... not only that its even windows ME. Yes it does crash a lot.. as its ME, but still it runs.

There are problems however, if i move the buffbot around it is just unbearably slow, it can take around 45 seconds to move from the bindstone at gothwaite harbor to the teleporter at times, as when i tap rotate it lags then spins the char around 20 times... But while the 2nd acc buffer is prone at say APk around a corner the first account runs reasonably... although it leaves me with pretty critical low levels of free ram.

But yes, basically ur set up should work ok...

Bishibosh

Fledgling Freddie
Silver said:
I was jsut about to post a topic on similar lines so ill jsut add to this if you dont mind :)

Want to know how you go about playing 2 accounts on one comp, i have a powerful enough comp to do it but not sure what exacltly i have to do? Do i run both in windowed mode? And do i need to copy any files or anything?

Thanks

No you dont need to run it in windowed mode. All you need as a minimum specification is 512 MB ram and two Daoc/shrouded Isles CD keys. Double account running only works with shrouded isles. Basically all you need to do is start camelot up, minimise while in game and then start camelot up again. You dont need to copy files or anything they will run alongside each other fine. See above for my PC spec.... If yours is any higher it should be okay but it is a bit tricky on my spec and i wouldnt recommend it on any lower..

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
when i run to account i use over 512mb ram, maybe coz i run Xp there use nearly 150 ram itself o_O

Jolo

Fledgling Freddie
On this topic - I run 2 accounts on 1pc np.

But...if I log one account out, I can't log it back in unless I log the other one out and start again. If I try to log it back, I get the message *You can only run 2 accounts of DAoC* or something similar. Not a major problem but irritating - does anyone know a way around that, or have the same?

Adrianicus

Loyal Freddie
Spec - P4 3ghz, 2 sticks of 512mb pc3200 crucial ram, p4c800 motherboard, radeon 9700 pro.

Runs two accounts nicely. The main accout at 1200 by 1000 with all details on, and the bot account set at lowest res with all details off.

If you are running two accounts you really need more ram than 512.

Also a motherboard with Hyperthreading is really really useful. I get no laging at all between the two accounts. The bot can run along behind without losing stick.

I get that problem too Jolo. All you can do is log off both accounts and reload them again. If anyone does know a way round it, please share :)

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Spec: amd 2600+, 1024 ram, radeon 9800pro etc
I miss running 4 accounts :(

Maoni

Fledgling Freddie
i have two computers on my desk so running two accounts works as if u were running 1 acc for me =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom