Running 2 accounts = lag..

Z

znappi

When i run 2 accounts at the same time the window not active lag´s like hell, and loose stick etc... i run both accounts in 1024/768 and BB account on low details!

Comp spec: 2.4GHz Barton, 512RAM (PC 3k), Radeon 9700PRO etc etc...

running with Windows XP SP2, DX 9.1 and newest drivers...

Any ideas?

(sorry for post here, had to post a place where ppl looked..)

K

kameh

I think it's to do with how XP treats background applications, I've never messed about with it but you might want to. Actually I might try that later on when I get home ;)

Z

znappi

Originally posted by kameh
I think it's to do with how XP treats background applications, I've never messed about with it but you might want to. Actually I might try that later on when I get home ;)

Aye, i´ve been thinking about the same thing... but some of my guildies runs without "changes" in XP 2 accounts just fine... :(

W

Whisperess

Both processes try to use 100% of your CPU ( processor ), forcing both to around 50% in a perfect world. Problem is that XP gives more CPU-time to the currently active window ( makes sense ), so the processors won't have the ideal 50% each.
If you want to keep stick using XP etc you have to make sure neither of the daoc-processes have focus. ( by for instance surfing the web or so ).

Problem is to actually steer while surfing the web :p

You could try using /follow instead of /stick on your second account - it won't lose stick as easily then.
( /follow + speed whereas the one you're stuck to don't have speed usually work unless it's real laggy ).

R

Risinn

You could try going into task manager and setting the priority to below normal or even low on both daoc processes. That should work.

T

Takhasis

Originally posted by Risinn
You could try going into task manager and setting the priority to below normal or even low on both daoc processes. That should work.

yup, thats how i do - stick both to below normal - reduces lag, turn sound, shadows etc off on non-main window too

Z

znappi

Originally posted by Risinn

Thx, it works better now, still a little laggy but ill try a few settings :)

I

Iswind

Im gonna try that to i just hate when the damned bb lag pulls 3 redcons or when it looses stick every other step while your trying to roam an area :)

L

lucame

1st run both in windowed mode not full screen

2nd Use sprint on BB when moving - even end3 will make u sprint for a fairly long time

3rd your bot will always lag like hell in crowded places - worst of all for me in DF entrance and umbrood x roads - so know this and expect it

One thing i read before was to set both GAME.DLL in task manager at below normal priority, i tried but it did not make difference, but some ppl did say it worked so maybe try it.

all i can think now

N

np-insane

ram ram ram ram ram and some more ram will help a lot :)

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by np-insane
ram ram ram ram ram and some more ram will help a lot :)
I have 1 GB Ram, still lags if both processes are at normal thread priority unless I make both windows lose focus or use /follow and speed on the other account.

Highly dependant on which server and what time and place you try as well - or atleast it seems that way :)

C

Conchabar

yer sumtimes it runs perfect sumtimes its laggy nyeh or im just wasted when ever i play

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by Conchabar
yer sumtimes it runs perfect sumtimes its laggy nyeh or im just wasted when ever i play
I'd vote for that last option :D

Users who are viewing this thread