Runie or Bonedancer

Chaotic

Fledgling Freddie
I want to start a new mystic class but duno what can be better, a runie hitting 500+ damage every second like wizards and chanters would be nice but a bonedancer with 2 pets healing u all the time and a lifedrain sounds nice too,maybe a runie would be better coz can deal more damage in less time, what u think about that?

Tiac

Loyal Freddie
Chaotic said:
I want to start a new mystic class but duno what can be better, a runie hitting 500+ damage every second like wizards and chanters would be nice but a bonedancer with 2 pets healing u all the time and a lifedrain sounds nice too,maybe a runie would be better coz can deal more damage in less time, what u think about that?

BD for teh win !!

Youwill

Fledgling Freddie
stt!

BD -> stt -> bd running with his own pettys :worthy:

Gama

Fledgling Freddie
Riddler said:
bd's get uberpwned by the aemez poison in Spymaster :p

BD's who have all their pets within a 250 unit radius deserve to

<cough> /fdistance 1500, /formation triangle, spacing huge </cough>

jakob

Fledgling Freddie
In my opinion time has run away from the runemaster class, you'd be much better off going with a bonedancer or a spiritmaster. Due to how the game is at the moment with interrupts etc, you either need that insta lifetap, or the good defensive cababilities that the spiritmaster has.

rivan

Fledgling Freddie
Runemaster
Bad points
  • No pets (healing/intercepting/damage dealing or otherwise)
  • No interrupting instas (BD has the Lifetap that Interrupts, Damages and Leeches Hitpoints)
  • No lifetap ability (a BD and SM can Lifetap their health back to full)
  • No area crowd control

Good points
  • Speed, its bloody handy! Crawling about at walk speed is an invite to get you Mincer insta-stun slapped, then PA'd by his Saracen mate.
  • Bolts are very nice indeed. You will 2 bolt Casters now and again. Runies are the only Midgard Caster to get Bolts.
  • Nearsight, even the low level one, is a fantastic tool for pissing off Casters and Healers by keeping them interrupted at range. Runies have the longest range of all of Midgards mystic classes.
  • Ground Target AoE is great for Keep Defence, Milegate stand offs, etc. Another ability unique to Runemasters.
  • Cold Debuff! Runies can debuff the most common damage type for Midgard's Caster classes. A Darkness RM and a RC RM can do devistating amounts of damage. All Mystics can use Cold Damage.
  • Damage Add, the highest available. Especially useful vs Epic mobs and in Tank heavy RvR groups.
  • Confusion, to insta kill Theurg pets and save your healers!
  • Pulsing Blade Turn/Castable Fend. Runies are the only Mid Class with access to this ability, which can be the difference between winning and losing. /assist somewhat undermines this ability in RvR though.

A Runemaster is still the powerhouse of Midgards Caster classes. Get a few together and they can create huge amounts of damage; Ardamel, myself, and a few others ran as a caster group in Emain a week or two back and I was amazed at the damage a few stacking AoE spears can do.

I've had a lot more fun with my RM than my BD. Bonedancers still have so much wrong with them, so many bugs and problems on top of the standard caster issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom