Runemasters and the battlegrounds....

D

Demrog

I am thinking of making a RM for BG's and was wondering how people specced for BG0 and BG1?

I was thinking of going full supp until level 26 and then putting everything else into RC but im not sure.... any help?

P

pinkeyex

Rc is good for lvling, i had lot fun with rc runie in bg 0 and bg 1, as for raising sup depends how much u want nearsight in bgs and if ur willing to sacrifice some bolt dmg for it .

A

Ardrias_Mid

Was full dark in BG, part from little supp for self bt. Most things died in 2 nukes :) Didnt have to run from stealthers, rather ran looking for them :D

B

Big-G-

my runey was 23 carving rest supp in thid - 23rd lvl bolt was a lot of fu - more often than not one bolt would kill wizzies/sorcerers/chanters etc
which i found amusing :>
2nd time round i was full supp which is nice technically, snare nukes and nearsight - but it is the defensive option (im respeccing my lvl 50 supp runey to darkcarver next patch)
not tried darkness, im sure i will at some point tho :D

but i whole heartedly recommend 23 runecarving - bg's is 99% of the time camping/stand offs which is where bolts own completely
i woudlnt recommend gamblign and going 24 carving for the next AE tho, yea uber dmg but scouts will own you so hard - you need 2 in supp at least for self bt

hmmm talkin about this makes me wanna remake a carving runey :D

J

Jarrax

============
i woudlnt recommend gamblign and going 24 carving for the next AE tho, yea uber dmg but scouts will own you so hard - you need 2 in supp at least for self bt
============

I put a 24 RC spec through Bg1, outstanding bolt dmg, great ae damage as well. It certainly kept the battlements clear. Especially the gtae, thats a damn fine spell for nuking inside keeps and popping stealthers anywhere.
As for losing the self bt, didnt really suffer that much tbh.

M

Mandorr

would agree with big-G totally as I put several runies through the BG with many different specs and can probably day that the 23 RC is the most devastating, I too used to go looking for trouble. my best ever was a full party of alb stealthers went for little ol me - I died but only 3 of em walked away from the encounter.

O

oldtimer

I wouldnt spec in suppression for BG play, the strenght of the suppression line isnt developed at those levels. Runecarving or Darkness are more lowbie friendly. You would need action in BG3 to feel the power of that line and BG3 is dead on Prydwen.

B

Big-G-

wow lots of people agree with me
i feel all giddy now ;p

hf with the spec u choose tho and u cant go wrong
tempted to do a dark runey for thid, always been carving or supp i have

Users who are viewing this thread