Runemaster question

W

Whisperess

With the new reworked debuff-levels I noticed that Runemasters that attempt a light-chanter spec will fail miserably.

The reason being that in order to get the highest specline darkness nuke, you can only raise runecarving to 26, whilst the cold debuff is at 27.

This can't be right - can it?

That would leave Midgard without a debuff-nuker unless they drop the speclevel for the highest darkness nuke to 45 ( same as for light enchanter ), or give the cold debuff a lower requirement.

Comments? Have I missed something?

A

Archeon

I think the majority of darkcarvers are actually high RC (For the 50% debuff) and put the rest into Dark, then use the baseline nukes (Dark gets, or has gotten - one at lvl50 baseline now).

W

Whisperess

Maybe so, but it seems kinda wrong that the possibility to spec for the highest darkness nuke and lowest debuff does not exist for mid anymore.

Can anyone confirm wether or not this is the case?

I

infozwerg

you cant spec that way anymore but it was silly anyways.

if you want to debuffnuke, go 48 rc.

A

Aoami

you couldn't spec that way in the first place?

W

Whisperess

Yes you could - 47 dark - 26 RC - where cold debuff were at 25 RC earlier.

"you cant spec that way anymore but it was silly anyways."

Wether it's 'silly' or not should be up to those who spec their chars.

Feel sorry for the select few that had that spec before patch - that's all. :D

V

vintervargen

or 48 rc 24 dark and team up with kallistor mayhap:confused:

W

Whisperess

Couldn't care less about your favourite specs - the thing that concerns me is that one previous spec - that I know a few runies had - is no more.

Seems wrong imo.

A

Aoami

it seems a silly spec to me because when you spec the darkness line you get a spell which has a 10% cold resist debuff, and if you spec only for the lowest RC debuff its only an extra 5%.

S

Subbiz

as long as u get 75% spec of the baseline spell you use, everything should be a-okay :p

thats including itams and realmranks ofc..

O

old.Leel

Darkcarvers always speced high carving, and rest in darkness to reduce variance on baseline darkness nuke. That's excactly the same as mana chanters. Except mana chanters get focus shield and pbaoe as well in the same line. Well, runies get bolts, ae and gtaoe in same line too, pretty damn good if you ask me. Anyways, they changed the debuffs for BOTH runemaster and enchanter. Both chars could do the same before, and they do it equally well now, except for ONE important thing, and that is that all hib casters have always had a 50 baseline heat nuke. Mid casters only just got their 50 baseline dark nuke this patch.

edit: by doing it equally well now, I mean that they do it equally worse now after the debuff change. But the addition of the 50 baseline dark nuke is a boon to darkcarvers. Darkcarvers have gotta be the most offensive spellcasters in the game with all the tools they get.

Users who are viewing this thread