rumours...

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
been away for abit (hi!)

heard rumours that dyvet might cluster with some french cluster... is this just an unconfirmed rumour or is it actually happening?

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Unconfirmed rumour.

There is however going to be news on further clustering of the German and French clusters on Friday. If there is going to be any news about clustering Dyvet it will probably be then but I wouldn't get your hopes up, the chances are they will just cluster the existing German/French servers with the remaining clusters of the same language.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Rumors are that Dwera needs 5s+ to lay up PA!11

Clustering with French servers sounds like GoA's revenge upon the English customers bitching at their inability to run the service properly.

Rayko

One of Freddy's beloved
tbh I would come back as well if they merged the cluster with another one... as long as it's a far more active one! I wouldn't mind playing with frenchies or germans

Marath

Fledgling Freddie
Hey!

People still playing daoc? Is there anyone online on Prydwen anymore?

Found mine and Dweras movies yesterday on old HD and feeling the old love for the game...

PS. Left before chambion levels came in, would there be a lot of PvE to be done for a SB to compete again?

illu

Part of the furniture
Hey!

Found mine and Dweras movies yesterday on old HD and feeling the old love for the game...

PS. Left before chambion levels came in, would there be a lot of PvE to be done for a SB to compete again?

You would get the Champion Levels a lot quicker through RvR. It doesn't take too long to get to CL10, IF there are people around to kill......

Then once you have your Champ Weap (which is ok), and CL10, you can equip a Mytharian (spelling?) Stone in your armour that will boost you ever so slightly.

The best weaps are dragon weaps at the moment, but I don't think there are many raids due to low population.

So you could be up to speed in a week - perhaps.

Oli - Illu

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Hey!

Marath! :D I can't say much about the other servers, but both Pryd/Excal cluster are laughable now. Maybe 20 people on each realm prime time now. So yeah, save your money. Samaroon here btw :p

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Clustering with French servers sounds like GoA's revenge upon the English customers bitching at their inability to run the service properly.
lol... as usual you made me smile Manisch - sounds right up GOA's street tbh :england:

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
There are many who will come back if we get clustered. I could name atleast 10 only in my guild. Now if Goa only would care.

Marath

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds pretty bad. Shall see if the clustering goes through as that could spike things up a bit.

Btw I read somewhere that the buffs are finally on range. Is this true that you could actually play without a buffbot (or in Middies case 2 :flame:) now?

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Sounds pretty bad. Shall see if the clustering goes through as that could spike things up a bit.

Btw I read somewhere that the buffs are finally on range. Is this true that you could actually play without a buffbot (or in Middies case 2 :flame:) now?

Dyvet is unlikely to get clustered because the servers can't run with different languages and while this is possible to fix it would take alot of time and money that GOA won't spend.

There is a classic server on the US that has a different ruleset to the normal server. One of the rules of the classic server is that you must be grouped with the person who buffs you and within a certain range. This stops people playing with buffbots but everybody who plays solo now runs with buff potions instead.

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Deserter

I can't even begin to explain what it felt like to leave behind 3 Mid guilds, 15 CL10 toons - one a Dragon Scourge - 3 houses stuffed full of trophies and the like and move from Mid to Alb on a US server. But I don't regret it.

Met a bunch of guys and we formed a guild with regular sessions of different stuff - no enemies - as I chose Gaheris, the co-operative server. Plenty to do all the time - and we're about to get ver 1.94 - in spite of being 5h ahead of many of the guys. You earn RvR in several ways - all keeps are now owned by high-level demons.

Believe me, this game is geared for US players, and it would take a company far more dedicated and interested than GoA to bring European servers up to scratch. Even then, some players believe the game is dying even in America.

Thinking of moving back to Dyvet? Leave it out, I'm wetting meself....

1.90? pfft...

:england:

Gorvad

Fledgling Freddie
Well - I am playing US classic server (Gareth to be more specific). In Molvik only you would find more ppl than on excal/pryd together in prime time. On average 2 alb grps, 1-2 hibs and 2 of Mids. Lots of killing etc.
For best stuff you would have to visit dragons (not that difficult since every major guild has a few ppl running those raids), do the champ quests etc, plus always you can go for Cata or DF if you dont like crafting.
As it was said before - no Buffbots here. True - it means spending cash on pots or crafting them, but hey - no need to run 2 acc's. Plus - NO ToA. Imagine... nothing of the kind of nasty pyramids, silly arties that needs lvlling, quests to get Holy Grail that turns out to be a can of cheap beer. All in all - good. Maybe not the origins, but hey - better than ToA.
And the Cust service is far better than with GOA. TBH I will prolly stay with them when WAR will be released. Had enough of the French hospitality.
And of course we have all the recent patches etc (the latest was 1.94, next one is on the way).
It is really easy to set it up - download DAoC Portal, patch your EU version to the US, and voileau :cheers:
Ive heard that some Mids went hibbing to the US servers, or even are wearing shiny full plate cans, but hey - Mids are 2nd most numerous realm, and for example yesterday they stole hib str relic :clap:

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie

With that kind of flames in this forums who would like english players to participate in other servers? when they already fucked up theirs? even some that moved to other servers they made their presence noticable... not so much by their skillz but by their mouth ^^

Nomans

Can't get enough of FH
Just face the facts, GoA dont give a rats ass about the game, otherwise they would spend some cash on advertising, like always, french cheap ass gits... Also moved to US classic, left behind alot of memories on prydwen...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Just face the facts, GoA dont give a rats ass about the game, otherwise they would spend some cash on advertising, like always, french cheap ass gits... Also moved to US classic, left behind alot of memories on prydwen...

what cash? the ~1500 - 3000 euro a month they get from the european subscribers? you have any idea how much advertising cost if you want it to be seen?

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Hey!

seeing the latest nerfs and boosts, assasins cant compeate in the way they used to at all. mostly because of the defence changes... nowdays a 1v1 stealther v stealther fight is pretty much luckbased, unless one gets PA off, and even then its abit dodgey. sometimes you evade everything, sometimes you get your every swing evaded... heavy/light tanks isnt even on the scale, unless you try to kite... wardens, close to impossible nowdays with there, i think it is, 80% defence rate, hell my level 48 untemplated warden on merlin beat the living crap out of an rr9 hunter some time ago. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom