Sport Rugby

sayward

Resident Freddy
Anyone else going to Brussels tomorrow to watch Racing Metro v Saracens?

sayward

Resident Freddy
Hurrah the season has started and we actually get BTSport cos we have BT Broadband. Result.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Hurrah the season has started and we actually get BTSport cos we have BT Broadband. Result.

Watching quite a few games on Al Jazeera in Middle East, rugby coverage is great - get English, SA, NZ and Aus.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I don't bother with Rugby. Was in the same class as Austin Healey and he put me off for life.

What an utter, utter, cunt.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I don't bother with Rugby. Was in the same class as Austin Healey and he put me off for life.

When I was at Uni the rugby team were a great set of lads and the football team was full of scally arseholes, but in general every professional or semi-professional rugby Union player I've met since has been an absolute twat. Matt Dawson was the worst. This may be an English thing however as people I know who know Irish players have a different opinion.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

You went to posh school?

sayward

Resident Freddy
Don't know many English ones. French and South Africans are absolutely charming though. I was very surprised when I first met them.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
The English Rugby team is something that I could never get behind. I'm half Welsh, and named after Gareth Edwards, so that side very much comes out when it comes to Rugby.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I've met a few of the England lads in Dubai at the Rugby 7's, charity events and diners etc. Pretty much all of them have been great. Given up free time to train with the school kids etc. Also met the Fiji, NZ and Welsh team, my son even got the Welsh guys to sign an England ball :) They did cross out England with the marker pen.

J. Guscott's brother lives in Dubai and he does commentate for OSN Sports here. He is pretty full of himself and quite a few people I know will go out of their way to avoid him.

sayward

Resident Freddy

Thought about it. Wasn't he a number 9? Aren't they all little stroppy sods? Blokes I know are forwards

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Thought about it. Wasn't he a number 9? Aren't they all little stroppy sods? Blokes I know are forwards

Dunno. He put me off Rugby.

He was a violent little underhand shit. The sort who'd wait behind a door with a desk lid and twat people he'd argued with a week ago in the back of the head with no notice. Fought dirty over meaningless shit.

sayward

Resident Freddy
Off to Llanelli tomorrow for a Heineken Cup game.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I've shot quite a bit of league the last year or two, I quite enjoy it. Even a boring match is more exciting than an average football game.

Union is bollocks though.

taB

Part of the furniture
I've shot quite a bit of league the last year or two, I quite enjoy it. Even a boring match is more exciting than an average football game.

Union is bollocks though.

Northerner spotted.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
I've tried af few times, I just don't get it.
While living in S.A I got to grips with Cricket, and later on even the NFL
The lure of rugby still eludes me.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Doubt anyone here cares, but Lions team has been announced for the first test and for some reason Josh Adams isn't in it.

1626861270332.png

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Even though I'm a huge Conor Murray fanboy I'm glad Price is starting. Can't wait for Saturday!

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Even though I'm a huge Conor Murray fanboy I'm glad Price is starting. Can't wait for Saturday!
I'm happy with Price. I think 9 is the Lions weakest position and Ali is as good as anyone. Probably would've had Davies on the bench mind.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Poor quality test match, shit reffing but still top entertainment. Brilliant performance from our forwards, not many teams go toe to toe up front and come out on top. Great second half performance all around, but I feel the boks ran out of steam as much as anything. It will be very different next week.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Ref was hopeless and the SA video ref was a joke. The hit by Am on Daly was huge but no attempted wrap on the arms, effectively a shoulder charge and pen. So many instances like that. Etzebeth got away with several high tackles and neck rolls in the rucks. A poor first half from the Lions with aimless kicking and bad handling under high balls, On that performance I don't see Conan or Daly making the next team sheet. Lawe's and Itoje had immense games, was a toss-up between the two for man of the match for me. SA's lack of pace and fitness in the pack was a major difference yesterday, they simply don't have a pack that can last 40 minutes let alone 60. Also though the performance at scrum-half (Ali Price) was very poor no pressure on de Klerk

The ref in general was clueless and did not communicate to the players enough. No consistency in the decisions on the rucks

Sinkler is a liability.

He has his moments but has good hands and is a great scrummager and carries the ball well. The pace of our pack vs SA is a major difference for me. Outside of a poor performance by Rory Sutherland the front row did well. Better after the changes though which even Gatland highlighted.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I'd expect to see Faletau in at 8 for the next test, as Conan wasn't great. He hasn't had a great tour but is known as a "big game player". Daly after all the hype around him playing in his "natural position", was shit. I think Aki might come into the midfield for some muscle if Adams comes back in place of Van Der Merwe. Gats said Adams didn't play because he has had a long week with his kid being born and wasn't entirely focused, so I think he will play second test. I thought Hogg wasn't great so wouldn't be surprised to see Williams at full back either. Will be interested to see if Wyn Jones comes back in at Prop if fit after the tight 5 played well. Price did enough to keep his spot for the next test imo.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Agree, although Price needs to put way more pressure on de Klerk. I would actually like to see Smith on for 20 mins. Exciting player that makes things happen. Adds a lot of speed to ball recycling and bokks have looked tired in the last quarter.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
So from the leaked team on ruck.co.uk Conan keeps his spot, Vunipola in for Sutherland, Harris in for Daley and Murray in for Price.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Confirmed I think. Harris & Mako in makes sense, surprised Price was dropped and Conan stays in. Gutted for Adams.

1627377258251.png

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I am surprised on Jack Conan, Aki would have been a better option as you stated previously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom