RP bug ?

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Muylaetrix said:
i tested that.

if someone takes 1 point of rvr damage and then jumps of a bridge / tower for 80 %, people get rp for healing that person.

if the healers don't heal the person to full (leave him at 95%) and he jumps again for say 80 %, he can be healed again for rp. and on and on.

as long as the person doesn't get healed to full after taking pvp damage, any heals healing further damage seem to be worth rp no matter what the source of the damage.

seems like something that is just asking for abuse tbh.

i admit earning like 200 rp in this way before i stopped testing :/

i 'assume' that when one continues jumpign of the bridge untill one is no longer worth rp for healing, at that time, you are not worth rp for killing also.

nice of you to tell us all this instead of reporting it directly in silence to GOA so they can fix it without alot of people knowing about it.

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
I've encoutered the 'rp bug' about 3-4 times.

The last one i remember is killing a stealther, who was at 100% life at the start of the fight, in the woods near crim t3. Got absolutely no rps, no bounty points and no golds eighter.

i find it hard to belive he would fall under scenarios presented by requiel or muylaetrix.

another version of this bug i encountered while playing my nightshade defending a tower versus a fg of albs. was something like this:
- set siege wrecker below the ram which was manned by about 4 albs
- siege wrecker hits the peeps in ram for sily amounts of damage (somwhere like 200.000 dmg), obviously they dont take any visible damage.
- very soon after (about 30-60seconds), a fg comes and kill the albs and i get the full rps (8k+ rps) for the albs that were hited by the siege wrecker.
i assume the ones that actually killed the albs got zero rps from those 4 that were "damaged" by my siege wrecker.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Shike said:
nice of you to tell us all this instead of reporting it directly in silence to GOA so they can fix it without alot of people knowing about it.

that's a mythic, not goa thingy.

seems like not a lot of people knew about this, lol

But, yes, this is a bug, yes it should be fixed, but there are a lot of bugs that have a lot higher priority.

i even think this has been in a sanya grab bag btw.

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
If ur so desparate to jump from a bridge and get healed for the others not to get rps from u , then ur a sad sad sad person xD

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
>.< Pooned said:
If ur so desparate to jump from a bridge and get healed for the others not to get rps from u , then ur a sad sad sad person xD

who said he did ?

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Another possibility that I've seen occasionally is that your character gets mixed up with another, and they get your messages.

A few days back when logging out after about 4 hours crafting on my merc I noticed that he'd managed to die three times in rvr, and gained 26 realm points in the last 40 minutes. Quite an achievement considering he didn't leave the housing zone.

Darzil

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom