RP bug ?

Belgorian

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe you have Rpts turned off??? Try typing /rpt on -or whatever the instruction is!

trycorn

Fledgling Freddie
Belgorian said:
Maybe you have Rpts turned off??? Try typing /rpt on -or whatever the instruction is!

didnt, as i got rps from the first in the duo and got rps from a kill 1 min later :/

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Stop ganking grey cons? :p

I wonder who will be the first person to point out xeine is lvl 50

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
This used to be a known bug a while ago... basically, you´re getting your rp´s with a delay. Can´t remember any details, but I remember the threads here and had this effect a couple times on my toons too.

Belgorian

Fledgling Freddie
Strange then, maybe he was hit by a mob first? then again I always thought you would get at least 1 rpt if that happened.

Ah well its a mystery to me :)

Belg

trycorn

Fledgling Freddie
Belgorian said:
Strange then, maybe he was hit by a mob first? then again I always thought you would get at least 1 rpt if that happened.

Ah well its a mystery to me :)

Belg
would have said that was hit by an npc and worth no rps

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Sure it wasn't posted above your garrote?

Seem to recall it doing that before :l

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
had it once this week i think
we'll hear from it again if it reoccurs

Septina

Part of the furniture
Cadelin said:
Stop ganking grey cons? :p

I wonder who will be the first person to point out xeine is lvl 50

Xeine is level 50. What do i win? :O

Zede

Part of the furniture
had a few instances when I got rp like 20 mins after the event.

Bistrup666

Loyal Freddie
I've expirienced this 2 or 3 times. No idea what kinda of bug it is tho. Doubt they will do anything bout it just leave it as the rm speed bug thats been around for 2 years now not getting fixed.

zake

Fledgling Freddie
Had some issues aswell where i got no rp.. for some reason the game made me /rp off

Punishment

Resident Freddy
I got similar like 10 times ina row b4 dinging rr8 ... killed 2 non rs casters solo and got 72rp for one and 44 for the other ...

I was like ... :puke:

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Could be that he fought another peep right before and killed the opponent but he made 95% damage and reled back to the zone, when u killed him the peep got his rps and there weren't left for ya.
Hope it made sense, it's morning and am asleep yet.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Two likely possibilities:
1: You have realmpoints turned off.
2: A character has a total 'rp worth' pool which is the maximum amount of rps you can get from him. If he's previously taken damage from RvR and been healed, those healers will have depleted his 'rp worth pool' by earning rps from healing him. If he's been healed enough it will be empty and no-one can earn any rps from him anymore from either healing him or killing him. When he dies, the 'rp worth pool' gets reset. Note that the 'rp worth pool' is not the same as the amount of rps you'd get from killing him if he'd been untouched previously.

Tombha

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
Two likely possibilities:
1: You have realmpoints turned off.
2: A character has a total 'rp worth' pool which is the maximum amount of rps you can get from him. If he's previously taken damage from RvR and been healed, those healers will have depleted his 'rp worth pool' by earning rps from healing him. If he's been healed enough it will be empty and no-one can earn any rps from him anymore from either healing him or killing him. When he dies, the 'rp worth pool' gets reset. Note that the 'rp worth pool' is not the same as the amount of rps you'd get from killing him if he'd been untouched previously.
sounds like something you can abuse .. like that mob in emain in OF that if he attacked you and missed, you were worth 0 rp..

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Tombha said:
sounds like something you can abuse .. like that mob in emain in OF that if he attacked you and missed, you were worth 0 rp..
Not really. You only get rps from healing RvR damage so to make yourself worth no points on death you'd have to have been in some fights without dying already and taken damage from RvR combat (quite a lot of damage as it happens). You can't just jump off a tower a few times or let some mobs wail on you for a bit to make that happen.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Think he was refering to the 'bug' in Old Frontiers where people could take damage from either jumping or getting damaged from mobs and then healed up.
I dont really know which of them but it was abused by certain people back in the days.

uber_rp.jpg

Was alot of discussions about this 'bug' back then and from what i remember it was people getting hit by mobs on the way to emain, healed up and then when killed they gave 2 - 5ish rps. :O

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:
Not really. You only get rps from healing RvR damage so to make yourself worth no points on death you'd have to have been in some fights without dying already and taken damage from RvR combat (quite a lot of damage as it happens). You can't just jump off a tower a few times or let some mobs wail on you for a bit to make that happen.

i tested that.

if someone takes 1 point of rvr damage and then jumps of a bridge / tower for 80 %, people get rp for healing that person.

if the healers don't heal the person to full (leave him at 95%) and he jumps again for say 80 %, he can be healed again for rp. and on and on.

as long as the person doesn't get healed to full after taking pvp damage, any heals healing further damage seem to be worth rp no matter what the source of the damage.

seems like something that is just asking for abuse tbh.

i admit earning like 200 rp in this way before i stopped testing :/

i 'assume' that when one continues jumpign of the bridge untill one is no longer worth rp for healing, at that time, you are not worth rp for killing also.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Not the smartest idea to post that info on a public forum then is it? :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom