RP bug?

• Thread starter GrivneKelmorian
  • Start date
H

hangianix

Originally posted by lakih
And also, if you get jumped by an enemy in PvP and he nearly kills you, you meditate HP back and then gets jumped by another enemy, the last one doesnt get full RP's.
I'm not sure in this, more than once happened with me, that I arrived to one of the mg's with a dead alb stealther and the killer on way to restealth but low hp, 1 smite and I got 900+ rps.

S

scarffs

Same, Enchanter kills sb and is left with 10%hp. I kill him and get 920rp.

B

bigchief

Yeah, once whatevers done the damage is dead you get rps as if you were the only person that hit. Falling doesnt count as being damaged so doesnt influence rps.

S

Septina

uber_rp.jpg

:uhoh:

O

old.willowywicca

hmm well after you die you're not worth rps for 10 minutes (not 5 mins/rez sick duration as some say, it's longer than rez sick) after that you are *not* immediately worth full value again, instead it rises over time back to your max value, the rate at which it increases isn'tknown exactly, tho it ain't that slow.. so it's possible you guys are killing people who only recently became worth rps again and so have not yet reached their full value..

Or maybe none of that is really true :rolleyes: since testing it would violate cross-realming/rp farming policies I can't confirm it but from personal experiences it seems to have been the case..

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by old.willowywicca
hmm well after you die you're not worth rps for 10 minutes (not 5 mins/rez sick duration as some say, it's longer than rez sick) after that you are *not* immediately worth full value again, instead it rises over time back to your max value, the rate at which it increases isn'tknown exactly, tho it ain't that slow.. so it's possible you guys are killing people who only recently became worth rps again and so have not yet reached their full value..

Or maybe none of that is really true :rolleyes: since testing it would violate cross-realming/rp farming policies I can't confirm it but from personal experiences it seems to have been the case..
Judging from timing my kills vs. certain people to make sure they were worth rp with my SB I'd say that's bollox.

M

Maeloch

Originally posted by Caeli
Used to run my bard on excal to emain from lvl20 and up, never died. So unless I really rock at navigating, something's fishy. :p

Killed Maeloch the other day, got one rp. Killed him again ~15 mins later, got one rp. Something doesn't add up imo. :)

Couple of points. Whether u know the way or not alot of hibs dont really bother waking up untill Bolg, so it's easy got get aggro or killed on the way while Num Lock running AFK, without shields, buffs, still rez sick, etc.

Regarding me. I dont delibrately get aggro to screw-up rps. But it's possible I've been aggro'd by a my pet, and I do tend to let rip with higher con pets solo then I would in a grp (they fuck up grp speed when they break charm in a grp).

Also the irriating pathing bug that happened since 1.62 whereby at milegates pets sometimes run off along the zone wall for no apparent reason (and out of charm range so they come back and aggro you) means this happens more than it used to.

TBH I play a class which could very easily abuse this to the hilt...if i really wanted to, everytime I entered the frontiers I could safely let my pet aggro me down to 20% for a few charm pulses, then recharm and heal up. Not really much more trouble than charming one in the first place. But I *don't* ;)

Users who are viewing this thread