Royal Academy of Arts: Summer Exhibition

S

Summo

See here

My girlfriend and I spent the weekend in London (stayed in the four-star Regency Hotel in Kensington. Man, did I win brownie points :) ) and we took in the Summer Exhibition at the Royal Academy.

Now, I'm no artist (though she is) but FUCK ME they had a room of scale model buildings from around the globe, focusing on East and West designs. Some established ones and some future ones, including the two hot contenders to replace the World Trade Centre twin towers.

This exhibition knocked my hat off. I spent three hours in that room. I was stunned.

If you're nearby, or fancy treating the other half, you could do a lot worse than visit this exhibition.

In conclusion then, my favourite is the Chrysler Building in New York, for its art-deco flamboyance.

L

leggy

It finished today ffs :(

Give us some advance warning in future pls ;)

C

.Cask

Saw the chrysler in real life a few weeks ago. Never been vaguely interested in architecture but can't help but be impressed by the sheer scale of the buildings in New York after stepping off the staten island ferry.

Also took the architectural bout tour in Chicago and I thought that was great. Almost worth the sun burn from sitting in an open top boat for hours :)

Anyone wanna drive me down to London then?

*Edit* Bah useless Summo :/

C

Ch3tan

The Chrysler building is amazing, Empire states may be taller, but the Chrysler building kept making me take pics of it. Seeing it at sunset with an orange light hitting its shining silver top is amazing.

S

Summo

Originally posted by leggy
It finished today ffs :(
Oh, nuts. Sorry peeps. :(

Okay, get hold of Starship Titanic and play that. Beautiful art-deco interiors in that game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom