Rant Roundabout retards .... or is it me?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
One big fuckery of an annoyance these days isn't just moron drivers but planners too. I mean the image above. What cunt knuckle said "I have a cunning plan. Let's put some zebra crossings RIGHT ON THE FUCKING APPROACH OR EXIT TO A ROUNDABOUT". It's not zebra crossings here, it's traffic light crossings. It's almost as if they WANT people to die.

Especially when there's this invention called a "tunnel", which could be used to magically make a pathway for people to walk under the road.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The one's I'm thinking of are 1 lane that splits to three lanes (two for straight on) 20m before the roundabout then compresses back to 1 lane again just after the roundabout.

I cannot for the life of me see why?

Perhaps because it enables drivers to use the roundabout to safely overtake slow vehicles, like tractors or HGVs.

rynnor

Rockhound
Perhaps because it enables drivers to use the roundabout to safely overtake slow vehicles, like tractors or HGVs.

The roundabout is too narrow though since a HGV going straight on uses 1.5 of the 2 lanes so good luck getting past that in a car. They are on the A35 and were added for the Olympics btw.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The roundabout is too narrow though since a HGV going straight on uses 1.5 of the 2 lanes so good luck getting past that in a car. They are on the A35 and were added for the Olympics btw.

Not all people who use the roads do so in cars.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
No but bikes dont need any special lanes to pass on normal width roads.

Nope, I've read this five times now and still don't understand what it has to do with making it easier for vehicles to overtake oneanother near a roundabout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom