Rollback to 1.54 - Yes or No?

I

inqy

Yes - Rollback to 1.54, at least we could play again. Can't do poo while they are waiting to get the files from the yanks anyway.

J

JoxerTheMighty

well...I rather wait a few hours and let GOA finish the job.

M

mirieth

Yep. I'd rather play DAoC at all than wait, seen as the whole thing is a cock-up shop wish too, with the shops not selling until Friday or you having to make a scene in the shop to get a copy :p

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Well, we have waited for almost 8 hours now and the majority of us are still alive and haven't fallen into a coma as a result of lack of their daily DAoC fix.

Going back to 1.54 is a waste of time. It will take them ages to undo all the work that they have already done and then when they DO get the files we will have to go through the same process.

Just chill out and go read a book or something. Just because you miss one day of precious play time isn't going to kill you.

Having said that, GOD, I AM BORED!!!

T

trigali

Originally posted by Sissyfoo
Well, we have waited for almost 8 hours now and the majority of us are still alive and haven't fallen into a coma as a result of lack of their daily DAoC fix.

Going back to 1.54 is a waste of time. It will take them ages to undo all the work that they have already done and then when they DO get the files we will have to go through the same process.

Just chill out and go read a book or something. Just because you miss one day of precious play time isn't going to kill you.

Having said that, GOD, I AM BORED!!!

It shouldn't take long to roll back. Arguably, they have a backup of 1.54.

Given the fact that in the UK so few of us have receive SI anyway, I don't know why we should push for the uprgrade to happen tonight.

Of course, for them it's different. The whole of Europe has received SI now, and rolling back would make them shout like crazy.

For for us UK server-players, 1.54 seems the best option.

A

Alrindel

In for a penny, in for a pound. Never give up, never surrender. Don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes. Onward, onward, and don't look back!

I

inqy

I'm at work, I can't play anyway atm :p

enjoying the extra activity here actually. the isketch thingy from damini was the best tho :D

S

se-ra

I agree. Wait for SI.
Cant understand that for some it is so hard to wait ... scary eh?

C

Cowled

Screw IS .. what about those who doesn't want it?

Screw it.. give me game.. i havn't slept for 40ish hours, me need entertainment :/

G

Gadd

well use this as a chance to sleep and lay off the coffee!

C

Cowled

If i start sleeping now, i'll never be able to sleep tonight... :'/

F

fiddlesticks

Probable GoA response :

We are sorry for the inconvenince but it wasnt our fault <points at Derric> so for this inconvienece you will get a WHOLE free day on subscription...you cant say we are not nice to you :D

...or summit like that

T

tripitaka

You should know by now. Things don't ever go according to plan with anything in life.

not bothered either way - can play if it works, can't if it doesn't.

it's not the end of the world to me if i have to 'not' play DAOC for a couple of days.

Unless of course i had matchsticks on my eyelids and someone had superglued my arse to my chair. which they havent.

Basically meaning... Do something else and stop worrying about it.

I'm guessing the majority of those who are moaning about goa / mythic etc and the fact that the servers are down either :

a> have nowt to do except complain

b> have nowt to do except complain

c> don't have a life outside of DAOC and have nowt to do except complain.

The world doesn't revolve around a selection of games servers for me. I have a lovely fiance, who i can talk to. I have other games to play, i could go to the cinema, watch telly, go out for a pint with my m8s, go to bed early for a change....

and to those who still complain... remember theres the option to cancel your subs, wipe the game from ur hard drive and not come back.

I don't think im being offensive to those ppl, just offering alternatives.

M

mavericky

Originally posted by tripitaka
You should know by now. Things don't ever go according to plan with anything in life.

not bothered either way - can play if it works, can't if it doesn't.

it's not the end of the world to me if i have to 'not' play DAOC for a couple of days.

Unless of course i had matchsticks on my eyelids and someone had superglued my arse to my chair. which they havent.

Basically meaning... Do something else and stop worrying about it.

I'm guessing the majority of those who are moaning about goa / mythic etc and the fact that the servers are down either :

a> have nowt to do except complain

b> have nowt to do except complain

c> don't have a life outside of DAOC and have nowt to do except complain.

The world doesn't revolve around a selection of games servers for me. I have a lovely fiance, who i can talk to. I have other games to play, i could go to the cinema, watch telly, go out for a pint with my m8s, go to bed early for a change....

and to those who still complain... remember theres the option to cancel your subs, wipe the game from ur hard drive and not come back.

I don't think im being offensive to those ppl, just offering alternatives.

Oooh the longest post here, someone must be bored cos the servers are down:flame:

T

tripitaka

Originally posted by mavericky

Oooh the longest post here, someone must be bored cos the servers are down:flame:

NO, im at work - drinking a coffee in a break (admittedly its an 8 hour break 10am - 6pm ) and behind a firewall... so i don't give a monkeys.

A

adde

no, wait until SI is installed and ready to be launched.

E

elerand

Originally posted by Sarnat
Patience is a virtue.

I have some still left!

Patience for 1p, do I hear 2p? 3P? sold to the cute luri in leather :D

S

shilak

I suspect they are doing other stuff at the same time as patching and that was why they decided to close the servers down for such a long time in the first place.

Yesterdays news posting included the statement ... 'On top of the software modifications, we will also have to do physical changes on the servers during the day.' ... Hopefully this means they will be moving some of the servers onto new hardware and we will return to a bigger better Excalibur. Okay, that might be a little too much wishful thinking but they obviously had something else planned for today other than the patching ;)

V

VodkaFairy

Originally posted by elerand

Patience for 1p, do I hear 2p? 3P? sold to the cute luri in leather :D

:eek:

You're the one biting your nails 'cause you can't wait for SI.

Cute celt in.. err.. leaves? :p

O

old.Emma

i`d rather wait for SI than go back to boring 1.54.. atleast when and if it gets patched today we`ll have plenty to keep us busy :D

Z

-Ziro-

Is camp bonus going sky high while servers are down? :x

G

Graknak

Can't give a rats behind what happens next, either we wait to get the patch and when it comes wait forever because everyone is sitting there waiting for it and gets the patchers hammered.
Or we get a rollback so we can play abit now and have the same problem laters on.
Postponing yer execution i'd say. You can't go arround it it has to happen anyway.

E

ethiraseth

nah , dont reroll, im already downloading the patch :)

although its going a bit sucky, keep getting error 301 things and stupid speed of only 10k/s :(

Users who are viewing this thread