Roll Backs ??

n0Gaym0

Fledgling Freddie
Hi, i am just making this thread cus i dont know exactaly what a Roll Back means if they roll a server back does that mean that your charecter will be changed to how it was X number of days ago ?? or does it mean ur char will stay the same but the server its self will roll back changing thinks like Keep status and Relics.. allso if they do alther ur chars to the way they was X number of days ago is their any chanse that goa can help you get the xp/artis/rp's u had or do u need to do it again,
i am only posting this because i got a NS that to 50 but it did not take me verry long (no more than 6 days) and i allso activated alot of artifacst on the char if it is rolled back will everything be lost for me ?? (if its rolled back by the same amount of days it took me to get my char to where it is now)
any one who knows alot abour this pls reply

PS: i dont want this thread deleted so ont flame any goa/mythic please i need the answer to my question ^^ thanks

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
it means everything that heppend in thoes days that are rolled back didnt happen :p

- English -

Resident Freddy
but seriously the server is pushed back a few days to when it was ok... so basically anything happened between then and no will be lost... levels, exp, relics etc...

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
If they roll back a week all characters, keeps, towers etc will return to how they were a week before. This could well see some people standing in some rather odd areas theoretically :)

I think they'll rollback as little as possible, really hope so as I've only just got ML3/4/5 on my clerics and detest master levels.

Still I'd rather have a handful of people will really screwed chars than everyone having to put up with replaying 2-3 weeks. I'm guessing GOA will see it from that point of view too.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Ha I just capped outta thid by mistake...here's hopin :)

Litmus

Resident Freddy
if they do roll back about 1 week or so, i fear the amount of players they will lose

snushanen

Fledgling Freddie
Kami said:
Still I'd rather have a handful of people will really screwed chars than everyone having to put up with replaying 2-3 weeks. I'm guessing GOA will see it from that point of view too.

i totaly agree , because the last 3 weeks have been the weeks i have lvled all my artis + a bb from 1 -45 and more + , a hand of corrupt / screwed up chars will suck very much for some people , a serius and long roll back will suck for all , and i guess the number of screwed up chars will decide the fate because if there is realy many screwed chars they have to do something about it

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Litmus said:
if they do roll back about 1 week or so, i fear the amount of players they will lose

Aye, going to be pissed off if they do

Dinged 50 on my mincer, got som activated, malice and rod too.(Have croc tear ring too, unactivated) Also got ml 4,5 and 6 as well as ml exp for ml 2.

Oh and the book for gov too

So much hard work for it to be all taken away :<

Thadius

Part of the furniture
jamiesmallicus said:
lol unlucky ya whining fecker... :)
jamie

Lol

This coming from the guy who moans about adding yet leads 2fg on stick :rolleyes:

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
There are quite a few ppl who´s chars got screwed. If they don´t rollback alot of those ppl will just go away, if they do rollback we will have some ppl that didnt get screwed chars but lose things anyways and will go away. It´s a lose lose situation

Thadius

Part of the furniture
xxManiacxx said:
There are quite a few ppl who´s chars got screwed. If they don´t rollback alot of those ppl will just go away, if they do rollback we will have some ppl that didnt get screwed chars but lose things anyways and will go away. It´s a lose lose situation

Well said

snushanen

Fledgling Freddie
xxManiacxx said:

correct , and they have to try to figure in witch situasion a minimum of people leave witch i belive is to not roll back , but if they dont roll back they doom the people with screwed chars and i dont know if they can do that due subscription rights etc , but they try their best to fix it without and lets hope it goes the right way

Lothoras

One of Freddy's beloved
If they roll back X weeks they really should give 4 times as many free weeks of subscription! if there are any more people playing daoc after that.... :twak:

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
If they don't roll back they could just restore a back up of those corrupt chars. Hell that's why "Your character has been backed up" comes on the screen :)

have to wait and see of course. Good luck GOA and all the tech staff we're rooting for you a LOT!! :)

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Kami said:
If they don't roll back they could just restore a back up of those corrupt chars. Hell that's why "Your character has been backed up" comes on the screen :)

have to wait and see of course. Good luck GOA and all the tech staff we're rooting for you a LOT!! :)

Im just ROOTing

Geddit :p

Quinlan

Fledgling Freddie
I much rather have them rollback a few days and loose 100k rp's or so and all is fine then having no Prydwen!

Nothing you achieved in those few days that cant be done again. Include some free days on your acount and all is fine.

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
Thadius said:
Aye, going to be pissed off if they do

Dinged 50 on my mincer, got som activated, malice and rod too.(Have croc tear ring too, unactivated) Also got ml 4,5 and 6 as well as ml exp for ml 2.

Oh and the book for gov too

So much hard work for it to be all taken away :<

didn't you already quit daoc over this? what is there to whine about then?

Ironfalcon

Can't get enough of FH
well giving free days is kinda hard tbh.. because as someone pointed out.. their service is not down. if this was excal, i'd give a rats ass, and be happy getting a 1 week free play time, on my two accounts, since my mains are on prydwen, and because I have 2 lvl 48+ on excal.. :worthy: imo.. they should make some special, that would benefit prydwen only.. maybe a + to all rps/xp/ml xp/gold/item drop increase for a x nummber of days...

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Quinlan said:
I much rather have them rollback a few days and loose 100k rp's or so and all is fine then having no Prydwen!

Nothing you achieved in those few days that cant be done again. Include some free days on your acount and all is fine.

They can't just roll back, they know what caused the problems but they still have to fix it.

Roll it back 10 days just now and you could just end up with the same thing happening 10 days later :p

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
If there is a significant rollback if would much rather have some ingame benefits for a while rather than free days. Make all exp double and give all eligable characters two Master Level bumps f.ex. That would be a better and more fair compensation than free days, in which we would have to do exactly the same thing as we did in the lost days.

Tractartus

Fledgling Freddie
As I understand it they will *probably* have to run a roll-back, but they are currently seeing what caused the corruption. Once they know the cause and hence the fix they can then decide whether a roll-back is necessary or not.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Ironfalcon said:
well giving free days is kinda hard tbh.. because as someone pointed out.. their service is not down. if this was excal, i'd give a rats ass, and be happy getting a 1 week free play time, on my two accounts, since my mains are on prydwen, and because I have 2 lvl 48+ on excal.. :worthy: imo.. they should make some special, that would benefit prydwen only.. maybe a + to all rps/xp/ml xp/gold/item drop increase for a x nummber of days...

I think it isn't so easy :)
With clustering all benefits we get, people on excal get as well. If people worked on ML10, arties, etc. hard to get them done before clustering, since after that it can be far harder and far more expensive and all their efforts are lost, then they have a problem. But imagine people who aren't at home now, but made chars before crash on prydwen to make sure they can try a 2nd realm when their home realm from excal gets boring, and lose these characters. After rollback there is clustering and they have no time to make the characters again, so this stuff hurts them permanently. Since after clustering there is no way to fix this problem.

Such permanent problems and possible problems with balance between two servers at time of clustering, this is the worst time to roll back. If they compensate for the downtime, it is easiest if they add to the fun, not much to the rewards (say events mostly for real prydwen characters), but giving compensations for a rollback in this case is far harder :)

Thadius

Part of the furniture
enkor said:
didn't you already quit daoc over this? what is there to whine about then?

Aye, dont want to be fucked up the arse before i leave though

Would rather leave with stuff i should have on my char instead of nothing

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
As far as I understand, a roll-back is the least thing GOA wants to do. They've been working on it so far, and if I understand Xalin right, they don't want to do a roll-back unless they ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO. In other words - if they see an opportunity to fix it in different, difficult way, they'll choose that way over a "simple" rollback. ( Thank god )

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
As a couple of other ppl have said. I would rather have x2 or x3 the amount of exp for x days then free days.

I don´t want to see x2 x3 the amount of rp´s though.

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
i don´t mind a little rollback...maybe my bb will apeair in DV again :O but still i will loose ml4-6 on my mincer and my scout that has 5 artis vll 10 that was a pain to lvl

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Esselinithia said:
I think it isn't so easy :)
With clustering all benefits we get, people on excal get as well. If people worked on ML10, arties, etc. hard to get them done before clustering, since after that it can be far harder and far more expensive and all their efforts are lost, then they have a problem. But imagine people who aren't at home now, but made chars before crash on prydwen to make sure they can try a 2nd realm when their home realm from excal gets boring, and lose these characters. After rollback there is clustering and they have no time to make the characters again, so this stuff hurts them permanently. Since after clustering there is no way to fix this problem.

Such permanent problems and possible problems with balance between two servers at time of clustering, this is the worst time to roll back. If they compensate for the downtime, it is easiest if they add to the fun, not much to the rewards (say events mostly for real prydwen characters), but giving compensations for a rollback in this case is far harder :)

Prydwen/Excalibur aren't clustered, it didn't happen so the benefits would only be on Prydwen. I doubt they'll cluster for a few weeks after this just to ensure that Prydwen isn't going to have a repeat.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Thadius said:
Aye, dont want to be fucked up the arse before i leave though

Would rather leave with stuff i should have on my char instead of nothing

You haven't quit! don't go telling us you have. I know you'll be around when the server is working again!

I won't be. No net connection at net house yet and subs run out at some point *very* soon :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom