Roleplay?

Mordred Ameraudur

Fledgling Freddie
Hi.

I just bought Dark Age of Camelot and I was hoping there would be roleplay servers. I have looked around and apparently there are only roleplay servers on the American servers..

Does anyone know if there is any roleplay guilds whatsoever on DaOC I could join? (Europe)

-- Mordred

Gamah

Banned
sshot3949et.jpg

I like to roleplay

Gamah

Banned
But seriously there are a few roleplay guilds on alb/prydwen and a few on hib/prydwen..I am not sure about the other server, but there are only "offical" roleplay servers on the US.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
theoretically all servers are roleplay - that said there's not an awful lot of proper roleplaying going on.

I'm pretty sure there's a guild or two on Albion/Prydwen and Hibernia/Prydwen that roleplay, there's probably others around as well (any midgard roleplaying guilds?).

The US roleplay servers are a misnomer - what they should be called is "name fascism" servers - there's not a lot more roleplaying going on there than anywhere else and it attracts a whole load of people that just want to grief the roleplayers.

The only difference is that you can't call yourself "SomeStupid NameLikeThis" on a US roleplaying server... or for that matter any character name that might have once appeared in some book at some point or another time (as someone is bound to report it).

On the european servers there's also the occasional roleplaying event organised by the server GMs and storyline team, there's also some permanent GOA quests which are more story/theme based than the usual "go kill mob for loot and xp" fare. There's rarely much reward for these quests but they involve a bit more thinking than a normal "quest for loot/xp".

Anyone able to post which roleplaying guilds there are on the english servers? point this poor fellow in the right direction :)

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Hibernia Prydwen has Artisan's of Willow who are a very long standing guild with some really nice people. They also have Aran and his big fish :eek: I am sure there are other roleplaying guilds in the other realms. If you want to ask more about Hib and roleplaying go to http://www.prydwen.net/ and post there.

:) good luck.

Sharkith

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
There's more differences than names on RP servers on the US. you're also not allowed to talk about baseball/current events etc in public channels. When I played there a GM gave someone a 3 day ban as he was broadcasting in the mid capital about some yank baseball game asking for the latest score lol Technically the EU servers should be controlling names more also as there are many which breach copyright and others that are rude/insulting on the servers.

example of a guy on Guin who had his name changes was "Dew Monk" changed as it sounded like "Jew".. So perhaps a little over the top..

Personally I'd rather there was a RP server on EU than a waste of fecking space classic one or Camlann. Just my opinion of course.

RP doesn't mean everyone has to wander about saying "hail and well met". I actually found Guinivere as easily the most polite and helpful server I've ever played on (before moving to EU). RP just means you don't spam your l33t shit txt chat in public channels - personally I think that's a damn good thing.

Gamah

Banned
Flimgoblin said:
theoretically all servers are roleplay - that said there's not an awful lot of proper roleplaying going on.

I'm pretty sure there's a guild or two on Albion/Prydwen and Hibernia/Prydwen that roleplay, there's probably others around as well (any midgard roleplaying guilds?).

Thanks for repeating what I said FILMGOBLIN (Stamps foot) These mods eh think they are gods...!!

*Hides from ban stick :(*

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Gamah said:
Thanks for repeating what I said FILMGOBLIN (Stamps foot) These mods eh think they are gods...!!

*Hides from ban stick :(*

My post had content in it, so it took a bit longer to write ;)
I started it before you'd posted

/thwaps with banstick :p

;)

Mordred Ameraudur

Fledgling Freddie
How would I get in contact with one of the roleplay guilds, though? (Just got the game.. not sure about even sending people messages yet alone finding a guild =#)

I'm happy to play any Realm as long as there is a roleplay guild.

-- Mordred

Gamah

Banned
try doing a /who knights in Albion Prydwen then /send any of the members of order of the knights templar and ask who is responsable for recruiting.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
create a character on prydwen in either albion or hibernia

find your feet with the interface :)

then sort out trying to find a guild that'll roleplay with you :) a lot of them tend to have guild message boards where you post backgrounds and the like and ask to join.

I'd expect someone from one of the rp guilds to find this thread soon enough though :)

You don't have to be in a roleplaying guild to roleplay though - If you just play the game and speak in character you'll have some people go "omgz lollol roleplay!" but a surprising number will join in and roleplay back.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
I roleplay a leet kid who goes "omfg rofl!! lolplayel!

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
Our guild, Order of the Knights Templar is a roleplaying guild, and we're of course open to interested players. We play on Albion/Prydwen. Just do /who Templar and look for a member. Ask for Equador(me!)/Ashay(also me!)/Katherine/Chretien, they're all officers and will gladly help you out.

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
Heta said:
I roleplay a leet kid who goes "omfg rofl!! lolplayel!

thought it was omg wtf iv e just been pwooonnned by a valkyrie

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
Hiya, as Sharkith mentioned the Artisans of Willow are a roleplay guild in Hibernia Prydwen.
We are a friendly bunch and if you want any advise or help getting started then feel free to give us a shout.
We have our own forums at http://www.tavernsofcamelot.com where we have our guild forums and lots of stories.
Feel free to visit the Tavern either in game (Meath house 3354) or in the forum, im sure you will be made welcome.

Good luck in whichever path you choose, although to be honest the grass really is greener in Hibernia. <grin>

peder

Fledgling Freddie
no roleplay on servrs
all play for ganks - kill no mates.

join pve guilds. i maybe start strong realm players guilds a time.
but many times hiperny is good guilds for playfuls mind with roleplays in focus, i think prydwen servers is good choics.

good luck mates!!!

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
leviathane said:
<gets out his lawnmower>

hehe it would take 20 years to mow hib grass, by the time you finish, it has grown back!!!

devils circle!?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom