roleplay guilds on Pryd?

S

Sable

Rumour has it that roleplay does exist in DAoC ... and that it lives on Pryd. So far, I've had lousy luck finding any. Can anyone lend a hand by pointing me towards a guild that'll support my need to have an actual character, and nevermind the levels or the realm points?

O

old.Ziera

Cauton obviously ment in Hibernia and not Prydwen.
There is also the Rosicrusians in Albion, I think they are full roleplay as well.

G

Generic Poster

It really depends on how far you want to roleplay. There're alot of people who do so regardless of their guild.

Templars are the 'hardcore' of roleplayers. If you want to really get into your character, they're a good choice.

If you prefer the 'Events' side of roleplaying, you might want to give Utopia a look. There aren't many events which Utopia isn't connected to and they are the friendliest guild in Albion.

S

Slinker

Yup , like has already been posted , Order of the knights templar are 100% roleplay , that means guildchat too . Utopia do not roleplay too much in guildchat or not at all , but do so in group chat a lot more. All of the people I have met from these two guilds are among the friendliest people around . Keep it up guys you do Albion credit . No I'm not biased just because I joined the Templars :p it was a close call though for one or the other . Personally I enjoy full immersion and if ever I feel it is too much I just get an alt out :) . A lot of other guilds do it too but not to such an extent , it's more like some people just enjoy meeting others and will roleplay their character too and have fun . So really its your choice . Take care and maybe I will see you around :)

Why did'nt Cauton mention his own guild :p

L

liste

some day, i'd REALLY like to know who you are, Generic :p

Rosicrucians are not 100% RP, i've been lead to understand, but predominately.

Utopia as such, is not a roleplay guild. We like having roleplayers in the guild, as well as none-roleplayers, since it adds a bit of flavour to everything :) Events is a pet-fetish for some of us (that's how Ziera started PARP), so naturally, PARP events will often feature Utopians.

We like to keep it friendly, and as such, it requires you to be a friendly person to be Utopian :p

O

old.Ziera

awwww, thank you for the big compliments, both of you :)

Utopia has a funny kind of roleplayish-way to talk, even though we do not roleplay in guild chat. We have a lot of fun roleplaying in groups though, as Caelithar said. And since none of our chars personality really fits eachother it often ends in some friendly mudthrowing :p

bah, Liste is going to write all the good stuff before me again :X

..stupid fast Liste :(

S

Slinker

I was a little thing with no armour when I met you Ziera and you kindly got a guildmate to make me my first set , then I was invited to play in Siriels group , methinks from a friendly word from you . If you remember me that is :p . I might leave my name when she gets older , but right now I'm having too much fun roleplaying her :)

O

old.Ziera

I remember you, I just dont remember your name :/

You asked so politely, I can't remember what you asked, though. I get so happy when people ask politely :D
I even thought about putting you up for an invitation :eek: Give me a call in game so I can refresh my memory concerning the name ;)

M

minstrel_kyra

Rumor has it that a few of us in The Dragon Senate like to role play too, on occassion. But no we aren't a full rping guild.

E

Euthanasia.

lies Kyra that's not roleplay .
you just want any excuse to get your kit off..
not that i mind .

S

Sable

Originally posted by caelithar
Yup , like has already been posted , Order of the knights templar are 100% roleplay , that means guildchat too . Utopia do not roleplay too much in guildchat or not at all , but do so in group chat a lot more.

hmm, this -could- explain why I haven't seen much about ... using restricted channels makes it kinda hard to join in spontaneously.

Given that my taste on rp tends to be pretty down to earth, I have a hard time getting my head around the idea of rp in guildchat ... makes me wonder how that fits into the normal workings of the world (though since it's done, it obviously can be explained). I guess I'll have a look around, though ... toss a few direct questions, maybe chat up a few people to compare styles and see where I might fit in.

Thanks all for the comments -- and if anyone gets the urge to migrate to Hib/Excalibur, you're welcome to badger the Kindred for roleplay. =)

L

liste

feel free to pester me some day. just remember to tell me who you are, so i know that i agreed to the torment :D

Users who are viewing this thread