Role of shammies in random rvr groups ...

St.Anger

One of Freddy's beloved
Yesterday I got my suit for Amelio done (cave/aug specced shammy) Now, i'm a bit clueless about what my roll is in a group ... AE root (to break the mezz) AE dot 'em all for 60dmg/tick (that'll kill 'em) Heal (i can better play a healer instead then) Bolt (uber 200 dmg) ?? Only thing i can think of is AE disease and giving end to tanks :mad:

This made me think, should i respec to Aug/mend instead ? Or go full aug and go AFK while standing in svasud ?

I know I might sound noobish but 'older' players should remember Eroma in his EoO and Onslaught days, well that was me :eek:

I'm not desperate, i can fairly kill 1 vs 1, but just don't see a shammies roll in a PvP group.

Give insta DoT imo, or insta cast at least

Funkybunny

Banned
a good shammy in rvr nowadays is specced 44 aug rest cave... (44 31 4).. your role is to interrupt like crazy... + a few other things... you watch the mezz.. then when purges and demezz is going you start to ae-desease, buffshear, ae-root... be sure to disease healerclasses very well because disease dont interfear with spreadheal if i remember correctly but if the healer is diseased his spreadheal is lower so get them good and deseased up... then do some more aerooting.. at this time ppl start noticing what a pain in the ass you are, so youll either have a pet after you youre nuked to shreads or a tank is running to hug you... if pet or tank is coming for you, you drop your insta pbaoe disease and sprint away, then you continue to aeroot like a madman... bring powerpots youll use almost 1 full powerbar every fight...

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
Buff-shear is one of the most powerfull RvR tools in aug specline for shammies. It can mean the world if you strip the right buffs off the right people, although in the heat of a big battle, I find it somewhat confusing and stressing, but that's just me.

Like Funky says, interrupt, interrupt, interrupt and keep them diseased to drain their seers's mana. Root when mezz wears off, interrupt, shear, backup heal if healer has pets on him.. oh and keep pets rooted as well. Interrupt, shear if there are anyone left who are buffed and then interrupt and root ppl who aren't mezzed.

Just rambling a bit, but that's how I think shammy should be played.. dunno if I'm "right", but I guess that's just a question of personal preference and playstyle :)

St.Anger

One of Freddy's beloved
I tested some of this stuff, and worked pretty well :clap: Now , if i only had a nice savage to group with . . .

Foadon

Fledgling Freddie
<deep breath>

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupt

thats what a shammy is all about, interrupt.
single bolt/dd/dot = interrupt, shear = hi you're unbuffed now m8 + interrupt, disease = hi have some perma snare +limited healing, theres tons of stuff a shaman can do, the whole ' i am a buffbot in random group ' is overrated, yes you need to buff and rebuff when ppl have rezzed, but thats part of the class, 90% of the time u can still do what you want (if random vs random ofc, nm the zergs ~~)

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
In a random group your the primary healer and first to /release

(Serious now)

Don't be afraid of Breaking a Mez if you are interupting 4 casters/clerics with Disease and buffshear or AoE root spam(Almost every player has at least purge1 so mez isn't a massive factor now..specialy against high RR groups)

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
after shears was interduced this became one of the most important things when playing a shaman. To effenciently shear the right targets and keep the buffer interupted so he can't reapply em ;>

for example, you base shear druids, and full shear a nature druid. you know the nurture druid by his low lvl pet, or by his shears and the nature druid by his green pet. depending on the alb grp you can either base and/or spec shear the cleric (as some clerics do 40 rejuv/36 enhance and run with bb specs) split the assist train by rooting the MA (the one usually in front) so either the train gets confused, then you root them in other places - interupt all casters. Your job also consists of checking if people from your grp get's shear'd.

Shamans in rvr are a very important role.

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
St.Anger said:
if i only had a nice savage to group with . . .

:wub:

About buff-shear.. gonna be fun when catacombs is out and all fotm vampiirs run around immune to buffshearing and without any zoning penalty (PoC in mind here) ^^

Starwind

Can't get enough of FH
Just because you have the aug option, dont mean you have to spec in that, all cave is insane interupt with AE dot at the highest order.

There is no better feeling than seeing a bunch of Hibs/Alb run while DOT is kicking in.

Build it for its purpose and you cant fail.

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
Starwind said:
Just because you have the aug option, dont mean you have to spec in that, all cave is insane interupt with AE dot at the highest order.

There is no better feeling than seeing a bunch of Hibs/Alb run while DOT is kicking in.

Build it for its purpose and you cant fail.

until you realise you caused a lot of cc problems, have done comparativly low dmg and have lots of albs coming for you

shaman is there to interupt, buff rip and rebuff rezzed people and cure nearsight/disease with perfector as a basic summary of what they do
disease rocks mightily, both to interupt and to snare and make healing harder

carrot

Fledgling Freddie
few things

dots only interupt on the first damage ( but can mostly be re applied)

Shears are mostley crowed on about by ppl with buf bot shamen or no shamen at all in practice they very realy stick.

Use desiese for interupts,and slowing assist trains then when youve used it use it again then again then think about a root then some more desieses them maybe a dot .During this you occationaly get a target thats worth trying a shear on if your lucky it will work but keep em desiesed.

and remember you have a hammer never be afraid to wack that lury caster you wont kill him but he wont be casting.

Thrung

Fledgling Freddie
just do what I do.. run around n be annoying in general.. disease everything that moves, a dot here n there (Wild power helps!) and shears ofc.. oh.. and get ichor2 n use it as often as possible.. :4D

shammy is very fun. love it that u can shock that alb caster by interupting, dex shearing the bastard, dotting and then go into CC to shock him even more.. :4)

paldius

Fledgling Freddie
Ho what do i miss playing my shamie, old nice days where so fun :)

played almost every class in rvr and i loved shamie, almost one of most stressing ones :)

St.Anger

One of Freddy's beloved
paldius said:
Ho what do i miss playing my shamie, old nice days where so fun :)

There's still some space left for you on the server :fluffle: come back !
Catacombs gonna be soo much fun

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom