Rogue vs Hunter

cher

Fledgling Freddie
unless you snare the hunter with crippling poisons, expect a concusive shot/wingclip, the hunter hits aspecxt of the cheetah and whizzes off, and then shoots you to death using concusive shot, to make sure you don't even get close to them before you die.

vanish and they flare,

hunters are really not a nice class to try and take on.

Hendrich

Fledgling Freddie
Not sure how much experience you have, but never lost a 2v1 fight or 1v1 fight yet against hunters @ the same level as my rouge. Very easily 3 hit kill hunters before they realize it. Ambush works great against them

cher

Fledgling Freddie
as does sapping them and killing the pet, but if they do manage to get a concusive shot off/wingclip, and you haven't snared them, then its fight over if they know what there doing.

luckily most of them don't however.

Hendrich

Fledgling Freddie
Personaly I found ignoring the pet and taking them out first is the best way. Ambush so far does about 1/2 health bar dmg to them @ my level (28). By the time they notice you hit them, you all ready have them down to 1/4 health bar and its an easy fight. The only thing I would change is if the hunter is using a bear. If the bear is next to him and not killing something, I would sap the bear and take out the hunter next, but never ran into that situation and not sure it would work. I just know bears can be mean little pets.

Aspects of the cheetah if used isnt so great. Once you hit them with a throwing knife or bow it will slow there movement pretty fast.

Hendrich

Fledgling Freddie
well like I said, never tried it yet... but now that I know you cant sap pets, guess other tactics can be uses just have to find out what is better. Each play style is different, just know what works for me on hunters so far anyways :cheers:

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Geuin said:
But is it worth it?

Will u respec to sword?
There's nothing to respec.

Keep your weaponskills with each capped and swap as you wish.

This isn't Daoc, people!

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
Whisperess said:
There's nothing to respec.

Keep your weaponskills with each capped and swap as you wish.

This isn't Daoc, people!

yeah except a dagger rogue takes a totally diff fucking build

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
old.cher said:
unless you snare the hunter with crippling poisons, expect a concusive shot/wingclip, the hunter hits aspecxt of the cheetah and whizzes off, and then shoots you to death using concusive shot, to make sure you don't even get close to them before you die.

vanish and they flare,

hunters are really not a nice class to try and take on.

Idd rogues are FAR superior to hunters. If you have sprint up vs a hunter, and I doubt you won't, you win 90% of the time. Flare looks nice on paper, 30 yard stealth detection: in reality this is more like 10 yards or even less. Cheetah doesn't work if you have the hunter dotted cause they will get dazed taking ANY sort of damage. Might wanna try to get a bow/gun here :). Concussive is on a 12s timer, so with only 4sec duration it's very hard to keep you at range as a hunter.

And btw, you got 2 stuns? If you play well; there's very little chance for a hunter to get away from you if you get to jump on them and we all know by know, hunters' melee is like the worst in the game, on 37 I dueled a 27 rogue, both with DW just pure melee, no range no pet. The rogue won with 50% hp left, now thats odd to say the least IMO.

If a rogue get close to u instantly FD, w8 1.5 s and then freeze trap run like a mfa, heal -> / laugh -> Aimed shot -> send pet -> BANG rouges lost 40% hp -> self haste urself -> concussive shot -> lay down a new trap where u stand -> own him. Rogues is alot better then hunters at low lvls tho, takes practice to be good as a hunter ;)

Evoknox said:
Idd rogues are FAR superior to hunters. If you have sprint up vs a hunter, and I doubt you won't, you win 90% of the time. Flare looks nice on paper, 30 yard stealth detection: in reality this is more like 10 yards or even less. Cheetah doesn't work if you have the hunter dotted cause they will get dazed taking ANY sort of damage. Might wanna try to get a bow/gun here :). Concussive is on a 12s timer, so with only 4sec duration it's very hard to keep you at range as a hunter.

And btw, you got 2 stuns? If you play well; there's very little chance for a hunter to get away from you if you get to jump on them and we all know by know, hunters' melee is like the worst in the game, on 37 I dueled a 27 rogue, both with DW just pure melee, no range no pet. The rogue won with 50% hp left, now thats odd to say the least IMO.

Hunters are as bad as scouts in DAOC where pre ToA ><

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
I have yet to meet a rogue who falls for FD, and afaik you can't lay traps in combat? Or do you go out of combat mode when you use FD?

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Never use your self haste as a hunter in PvP ... its the equivalent of self snareing your self.

Sturrm

Fledgling Freddie
I will Probably role a hunter as an alt for testing. Cant say i have been impressed at all when fighting hunters so i would like to see their capabilities myself.

Seems hunters are mssing something and i really cant decide if what they are missing is just plain Playskill.

Up to now i cant see and possibility of a hunter beating a rogue 1 vs 1 although perhaps life is different at lvl 60.

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
The higher you get the worse it gets, imo there are 3 options of beating a rogue that jumps you:

1: Scattershot (21 TP)
2: Improved Wingclip (10 TP for a 20% chance)
3: Free action potions

If cripling poison doesn't proc on you, there's a reasonable chance you can get out of melee range and into bow range at wich point you have a good chance of winning. If it does proc, you can always use a free action potion but there's probably only 10% or even less of the hunters carrying a decent ammount of those with them.

Now if the rogue has you snared, and you don't have a free action pot, there's very little chance coming out of his melee range, the 4 seconds that scattershot lasts isn't enough to get out of 8 yard minimum bow range. Wing clip gets dodged 25-30%, normal wingclip isn't enough since rogue will use sprint (only 5 min cooldown, 3.5 if specced in it) and stay in melee range, improved wingclip might give you a chance to win 'cause of the 5 second immobilize, but again that's just a 20% chance.

If you know a rogue is stalking you frost trap is your friend, but it can't be used in combat so it has no use at all when a rogue jumps you.

If you manage to get the rogue at bowrange and his sprint is down, I'd say there's 90% to win vs rogues, even with the nerfed concussive shot, assuming you never forget to mark them ;)

All with all I think hunters can kill rogues but rogues will have it 3 times as easy killing the hunter instead.

Balthus

Fledgling Freddie
So far ive had no probs killing hunters and im a lvl 39 rogue an i use 2 daggers.
I open with cheap shot (4 sec stun) get a backstab in,move to front,gouge (5.5s stun) backstab,gouge,let power get back up a bit,eviscerate,vanish,cheap shot,repeat if needed until dead.
Uless something goes wrong you will have the hunter stood at your mercy to play with as you wish.If by some chance u miss one of your stun styles then blind him an laugh as he runs round outa control while you line up your next move.
Ignore the pet,use your agility if u have it an you will barely be hit by it.
My daggers have a fire enchantment proc and a shadowbolt proc on,add to that the instant poisons and the + poison dmg i have from my talents tree and i can easy backstab for 3-400 dmg with crit,sinister strikes do 200+ per dagger an a 5 point eviscerate will do around 4-600 dmg,awesome :worthy: :sex:

Pinp

Banned
Evoknox said:
The higher you get the worse it gets, imo there are 3 options of beating a rogue that jumps you:

1: Scattershot (21 TP)
2: Improved Wingclip (10 TP for a 20% chance)
3: Free action potions

If cripling poison doesn't proc on you, there's a reasonable chance you can get out of melee range and into bow range at wich point you have a good chance of winning. If it does proc, you can always use a free action potion but there's probably only 10% or even less of the hunters carrying a decent ammount of those with them.

Now if the rogue has you snared, and you don't have a free action pot, there's very little chance coming out of his melee range, the 4 seconds that scattershot lasts isn't enough to get out of 8 yard minimum bow range. Wing clip gets dodged 25-30%, normal wingclip isn't enough since rogue will use sprint (only 5 min cooldown, 3.5 if specced in it) and stay in melee range, improved wingclip might give you a chance to win 'cause of the 5 second immobilize, but again that's just a 20% chance.

If you know a rogue is stalking you frost trap is your friend, but it can't be used in combat so it has no use at all when a rogue jumps you.

If you manage to get the rogue at bowrange and his sprint is down, I'd say there's 90% to win vs rogues, even with the nerfed concussive shot, assuming you never forget to mark them ;)

All with all I think hunters can kill rogues but rogues will have it 3 times as easy killing the hunter instead.

Edit : just saw what you said about frost traps, can't be used in combat... you sure? I'm sure it has happened more than once where I have been hitting on someone and they just put one down ;o

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
If you use feign death, sometimes you go out of combat for a very brief moment and thus giving you some time to place a trap. This is very dodgy though and doesn't work most of the time.

exponentiaL

Fledgling Freddie
Evoknox said:
If you use feign death, sometimes you go out of combat for a very brief moment and thus giving you some time to place a trap. This is very dodgy though and doesn't work most of the time.

And what if the Hunter got a Freezetrap in and then runs a bit to drop another one? He hasn't shot me yet so I was wondering if the trap enabled him to be in combat, or not. This way he was able to plant two freezing traps which kind of made me eat dirt. ^^

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
If you lay a trap you don't get in combat, if an enemy triggers the trap you will. In the case of freezing trap (wich lasts 20 sec), you can just wait 10-15 sec and then your out of combat again and lay another freezing trap.

exponentiaL

Fledgling Freddie
Evoknox said:
If you lay a trap you don't get in combat, if an enemy triggers the trap you will. In the case of freezing trap (wich lasts 20 sec), you can just wait 10-15 sec and then your out of combat again and lay another freezing trap.

Are the traps on diminishing returns like poly etc, or? Because else he could basically keep me frozen constantly unless I run off. ( which made it even easier for the Hunter. )

Helme

Resident Freddy
A hunter eats rogues as snacks - even if the rogue gets the jump.

Even my beastmastery hunter kills rogues, and end up with 100% hp due to spiritbond. Wingclip and trinket thier crippling poison(if they even use it..) and your free to go, if it really starts looking bad - pet on passive feign death, freezingtrap and get range. A nice aimed shot and he's down for count :)

And if a hunter get the jump on a rogue - well the rogue should just sit down to speed up the process because he can't win.

And yes - traps are on diminishing returns.

Best way to kill a warrior for a hunter is to use 3 freezetraps - aimed after each and then as 4th trap use an immolation(quite heavy firedot) However this requires the hunter to always have a trap up just incase because it's quite hard to kill a warrior else due to hamstring - and only due to that - if we get range they are very dead, like a paladin but without mana and heals to drain aswell!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom