Rogue vs Hunter

Anduril

Fledgling Freddie
Lo mates, I'm old Infiltratot (rogue) in DAoC. I would like to know who wins 1 vs 1 in WoW, hunter or rogue ?

And, damage for both class depends on Agility only or 70% agility / 30% strength or how does damage work for both rogue or hunter ?

Gama

Fledgling Freddie
Anduril said:
Lo mates, I'm old Infiltratot (rogue) in DAoC. I would like to know who wins 1 vs 1 in WoW, hunter or rogue ?

And, damage for both class depends on Agility only or 70% agility / 30% strength or how does damage work for both rogue or hunter ?

hunter + rogue's Melee Attack Power are 50% agil, 50%strength for ALL melee weapons (hunter bows/guns are 100% agility)

And for infil style cheese, I say neither, roll a pally/shaman :flame:

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
Well, if you want to play something like an infil in wow play a rogue, since hunters don't have stealth. But who is best 1vs1 depends on how they play. The Wing Clip and Conclussive (or smth) Shot has snares and Sprint don't affect them so if you just do a Wing Clip and kite as hunter then turn around and do the snare shot and you've pretty much won. But as a rogue you can kill enemies very fast with Cheap Shot and Backstab then finish off with an eviscerate.

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
k9awya said:
rogue deals massive dmg compared to hunter

Depends on what weapons you use. If you use daggers and do backstab alot it's very good, since backstabs damage is very high. But everything else than backstab and ambush is kinda bad if you use dagger is you compare to swords. Since the rogue "styles" are insta cast spells that cost energy it's better to use a slow sword so you deal massive damage with Sinister Strike as it's the style you use the most. I use 2 dagger atm on my rogue 1.5 and 1.3 speed. Highest hit with ambush have been around 343 which is nice, and backstab does 200~ with a crit (got the talent so you get an extra 30% to crit with backstab too so it's rather nice) but sinister strike, which is the style I use the most, does really low damage if you compare it to swords.

As a hunter at level 21 (played one at us ob) I did around 100 - 120 with style in melee and just a bit less with gun. So it's not a very big differance between a hunter and a dagger Rogue imo, havn't tried swords for a while though, saving up for some materials so I can buy 2x 2.6 spd swords, will be nice. :p

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
errr ok

but fast weap = combo pts = eviscerate

you cant compare hunter melee dmg to a rogue at all, the gap isnt even at all close

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
You get combo points from styles, and styles cost the same for sword as for daggers. So I can't see what you mean.

Edit: And yeah, you're right. Rogues and Hunters do damage in 2 completely different ways so you can't compare them. However imo they both do good damage so just go for what you think is fun. :]

I know I will go Rogue in retail so I can solo easier.

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
Kokelimonkelmedisin said:
and get PWNt by entangle ^^

Or I'll just go gnome so I can purge it.

Edit: And as a rogue you have 2 attacks that interupt spellcasting. So not likely I'd let adruid cast entagle on me. :p

Aeicaan

One of Freddy's beloved
the only thing a hunter does is Concussive Shot and try to kite with pet and hope they kill you before u get close enough to them, wich they never do.. when i get close enough to hamstring them or even get the jump they got no chance at all, a rogue looks alot more fun to play and kills mages and shit fast because of fast damage, interrupt, sprint, vanish etc

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
When a rogue jumps a hunter, you cant even call it a fight tbh.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Eva said:
Or I'll just go gnome so I can purge it.

Edit: And as a rogue you have 2 attacks that interupt spellcasting. So not likely I'd let adruid cast entagle on me. :p
it's not only casted :)
druid has an insta spell that has a chance to proc when you hit him
would be hard to stop that tbh

Gatts

Fledgling Freddie
Mostly the hunter will get jumped and if it is a rogue who can play abit hunter will ALWAYS loose however if the hunter spots rogue first the hunter will probably win.

sko

Loyal Freddie
Any class can beat any class in WoW. It's aproximately 80% of how you play, and what items you are wearing, and what spec you have..

I've beaten 5 levels higher priests, I've been killed by 5 level lower priests etc.. it varies alot, and the one that gets the jump usually wins. Rogue are most likely to get the jump I think tho, and if they do they shall win, cause Hunter are bad in melee.

Though, please note that (like blizzard has said); they don't balance the classes for duel situations, it is a TEAM GAME!

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
any class can provided one is a retard playing

if all are competant then there are some classes that really shouldnt beat others

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
sko said:
Any class can beat any class in WoW. It's aproximately 80% of how you play, and what items you are wearing, and what spec you have..

I've beaten 5 levels higher priests, I've been killed by 5 level lower priests etc.. it varies alot, and the one that gets the jump usually wins. Rogue are most likely to get the jump I think tho, and if they do they shall win, cause Hunter are bad in melee.

Though, please note that (like blizzard has said); they don't balance the classes for duel situations, it is a TEAM GAME!

so is daoc right?
there you couldn't be a real teamplayer now could you.. fucking over people is teh prawn mejt xD

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
Hunters have some nice anti stealth tools though, and with increased movement speed and what not you shouldn't get jumped too often.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Dommelsch said:
so is daoc right?
there you couldn't be a real teamplayer now could you.. fucking over people is teh prawn mejt xD
Bah, let him be. Look at how long time has gone, it's a new game. What about a new chance?

Everything I've read from him has been constructive (on the wow-boards).

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
Tasslehoff said:
Bah, let him be. Look at how long time has gone, it's a new game. What about a new chance?

Everything I've read from him has been constructive (on the wow-boards).

i was just messing around with him as i, among alot of others, am bored as hell. givf fb signup pages ;(

i wub him tbh :)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Dommelsch said:
i was just messing around with him as i, among alot of others, am bored as hell. givf fb signup pages ;(

i wub him tbh :)

we dont wub you though, you smell :D

oh and give fb so i have something to do :p

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
we dont wub you though, you smell :D

oh and give fb so i have something to do :p

fu dude.

your troll > my norse when it comes to smelling bad.

x< kkeke

Shady-

Fledgling Freddie
sko said:

*stealther team* is crap imho ;) stealthers shall play solo. Are there team fights exept zerging? No ? Is 1 v 1 situation not supported by blizzard nor 2-2,3-3,4-4? Only 5 v 5? LOL ! Guess there was NOTHING balanced in pvp yet ;) Or do you really belive in balance of non-existing 5 v 5 fights ? ^^

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Shady- said:
*stealther team* is crap imho ;) stealthers shall play solo. Are there team fights exept zerging? No ? Is 1 v 1 situation not supported by blizzard nor 2-2,3-3,4-4? Only 5 v 5? LOL ! Guess there was NOTHING balanced in pvp yet ;) Or do you really belive in balance of non-existing 5 v 5 fights ? ^^

well the PvP hasnt been properly implemented yet, so lets not count our eggs before they are laid! or something :eek7:

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Well what can i say, if a equal or 1 lvl rouge below me jumps me i'm pretty sure i'm dead. If I spot the rouge before he attack, just hit concussion shot sent pet in, if rouge gets into meele range, wing clip and run off to shoot another concussion. And just goto love getting a crit off on my 2h axe 287 dmg on 3 lvls higher rouge :D And then he ran and died.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
if u wanna play a class thats 100% sure to get THE most massive nerf in the MMORPG history, play a rogue...

at the moment theres very very little anyone can do if u face one. 9.9 times out of 10 it kills u. the ONLY spell that acually MIGHT save u from getting totally ass raped by one is fear. but then again. the most hardcore rouge players choose undead for that Will of the Forsaken trait that basicly give u almost total CC immunity for 20 sec every 2 minutes...

i cant really understand what the hell it is with MMORPG developers and making the stealthers close to unkillable.

rouges can get 2 stun styles, they get vanish (that breaks most CC) if using the right weapons, they can get crit hits up to 1500+. they have 4 or so styles/spells, that can interrupt a mages spellcasting. etc etc etc...

i mean. its shadowzerker in DAoC all over again just ALOT worse.

60 hunter vs 60 rogue is an even fight what determines who will walk out winning is how they play. Both classes got good counter skills to use on eachoter.

Hunters got for exampel, freezeing traps, concussive shot, scatter shot, wingclip, snare styling pets. A hunter also get a detect hidden ability with short range and flares with a lower cool down then the spell lasts. Hunters got self speed. If a hunter know whats his doing the rogue will get outplayed and owned. If the rogue gets the jump and doesnt SAP the hunter b4 the hunter FD+freeze traps him the rogue will likely die.
This is all teory and in the end it comes down to the certain sit and the ppl behind the comps. ;)

Geuin

Fledgling Freddie
What about a Rogue in a FG then?

Priest,Shaman,Warrior,Rogue and Mage. Would it work?

Geuin

Fledgling Freddie
Eva said:
Depends on what weapons you use. If you use daggers and do backstab alot it's very good, since backstabs damage is very high. But everything else than backstab and ambush is kinda bad if you use dagger is you compare to swords. Since the rogue "styles" are insta cast spells that cost energy it's better to use a slow sword so you deal massive damage with Sinister Strike as it's the style you use the most. I use 2 dagger atm on my rogue 1.5 and 1.3 speed. Highest hit with ambush have been around 343 which is nice, and backstab does 200~ with a crit (got the talent so you get an extra 30% to crit with backstab too so it's rather nice) but sinister strike, which is the style I use the most, does really low damage if you compare it to swords.

As a hunter at level 21 (played one at us ob) I did around 100 - 120 with style in melee and just a bit less with gun. So it's not a very big differance between a hunter and a dagger Rogue imo, havn't tried swords for a while though, saving up for some materials so I can buy 2x 2.6 spd swords, will be nice. :p

But is it worth it?

Will u respec to sword?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom