Uneducated Northern Cretin
10659392_10153313112393072_572518979564222621_n.jpg

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
:(

"that doesn't work"

cog

Can't get enough of FH
Hesitate to count the hours I've spent reading and re-reading Discworld over the years, huge loss. RIP :(

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
A huge loss for the fantasy community... RIP :(

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Wow what a shock! I think I might re read all of his books.

He died of natural causes in bed with his cat which I suppose is a good way to go...

:(

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
Gutted, spent most of yesterday in a state of denial. One of my literary heroes, I've been reading him since the very early days when I discovered a copy of The Colour of Magic in a tiny bookshop in town.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Really sad especially noting I've read one of his books every couple of months since I was about 14 (I'm 28 now). He played a pretty big part of my life and what my interests are now, and whilst IMHO his newer books weren't quite up to his excellent standard (for obvious reasons) I'm just gutted. I hope someone doesn't fuck about with his stuff - unless it means making a film of Night Watch.

RIP Terry :(

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Really sad especially noting I've read one of his books every couple of months since I was about 14 (I'm 28 now). He played a pretty big part of my life and what my interests are now, and whilst IMHO his newer books weren't quite up to his excellent standard (for obvious reasons) I'm just gutted. I hope someone doesn't fuck about with his stuff - unless it means making a film of Night Watch.

RIP Terry :(
Apparently his daughter has got his approval to continue the series. Donno how that will work out though.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
He played a pretty big part of my life and what my interests are now

Back when I was at University in Lancaster there was a small local sci-fi & fantasy focused book shop in the town. I got chatting to the owner one day about a particularly hard to find series of books by an author I was interested it. Turns out he used to work for one of the publishing houses as an editor and knew the author personally. He said she was a real bitch and very unpleasant to work with. :)

Anyway, the discussion got onto Terry Pratchett and how I love the series and knew he used to live & work around here before he became an author. "Oh yeah. Really nice guy, I was his editor for a while". He then told me lots of interesting facts such as the names Ankh-Morpork were actually based upon local places. Lancaster - Morecambe, with the river in between (Lancaster posh / Morecambe rough as shit etc) I was a semi-regular at the store and on my next visit a few weeks later the owner said he's been talking to Terry and presented me with a signed copy of The Colour of Magic.I still have it somewhere in a storage box. Top bloke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom