Ring of the Zephyr

Wholdar

Can't get enough of FH
Hi!

Just wanted to know if ANYONE on the EU-servers ever had seen the Ring of the Zephyr drop? And if so, where? =)

We´ve been farming the Centaur Chief´s for maybe a total of 40 hours or so, and gotten LOTS AND LOTS of other named drops. Also lots of Zephyr-drop´s, but NEVER that ring.

Wife sent a question to RightNow about it, but seems they didnt quite understand it, cause their answer was not that relevant. :p So I thought perhaps I could ask here.

Anyone ever seen it drop? Or even seen it?

Any info appriciated.

/j

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Wholdar said:
Wife sent a question to RightNow about it, but seems they didnt quite understand it, cause their answer was not that relevant. :p

Oh it wasn't a case of misunderstanding. Just asking them anything 'causes you to be more confsed then when you asked the question in the first place:

Like chris rock said...

What's 2+2?

"Umm...jello."

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
also farmed the chiefs in GG alot...also not sure i have seen that ring...loads n loads of other stuff....but dnot recall the ring.

Wholdar

Can't get enough of FH
Tareregion said:
Think I had it in my suit so should be ones around :eek:

Think? =) :p

Would be REALLY REALLY nice if someone could CONFIRM that they had seen it, and it had dropped. I want people to be really SURE. =)

/j

Earl

Fledgling Freddie
If you were on the US servers the CSRs could look it up in the drops database.. :(

vintervargen

Banned
ive killed chiefs alot on camlann, with groupleaders from all realms (since different realms gets different drops), never seen that ring.

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
Yes the item does exist it's just a very very low chance to drop.

If the RightNow listed anything in the technical topics it went to a tech team who knows nothing about the game other than the system requirements not to the GM's who deal with game stuff.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Must be like 0.00000000000000001% chance consider we have killed that chief houndreds of times.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
xxManiacxx said:
Must be like 0.00000000000000001% chance consider we have killed that chief houndreds of times.

The figures you stated and the fact you have killed the chief 'houndreds' of times don't add up.

Most mobs i've seen have a lowest amount of 0.1% to drop (possibly some lower). In non-realistic terms thats 1000 times but you may have to farm 1 time, 12 times, 396 times or 5345 times.

In other words, you may just be unlucky or you need to farm it more ;)

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Bugz said:
The figures you stated and the fact you have killed the chief 'houndreds' of times don't add up.
Maybe because the "0.00000000000000001%" thing was what we adults call "sarcasm". :cool:

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Belomar said:
Maybe because the "0.00000000000000001%" thing was what we adults call "sarcasm". :cool:

Sarcasm or not; he does have a valid point. The drop-rate could theoretically be 50% and you can farm it 100000000000000x and not get a drop. Odds of that are ofcourse almost non-existant, but still..

On topic; Ive killed the Chief quite a few times myself and Ive not seen it drop; but think we only killed it ~20 times to get some Rings of Thunder (IIRC or girdle of thunder dont recall :X)

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
we have gotten like 4-6 full sets from all the chiefs so far. Everything except the ring have dropped multiple times.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Bugz said:

Most mobs i've seen have a lowest amount of 0.1% to drop (possibly some lower). In non-realistic terms thats 1000 times but you may have to farm 1 time, 12 times, 396 times or 5345 times.

In other words, you may just be unlucky or you need to farm it more ;)

Jeez heard of sarcasm?

When I know exacly how many times he has been killed and exacly how many rings that have dropped I can give u a drop%

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:

Seems you have a habit of providing nothing more than stating the obvious - nice one - have a cookie.

Just so you know, my reply was using his quote as a base to my reply. It was a build up to the point i was trying to make - the fact that most monsters have a lowest drop rate of around 0.1% and the fact that this percentage doesn't directly affect the drop rate.

It's a shame Belomar, if you spent your time on this forum helping others it'd be time well spent since you do have alot of helpful information in that head of yours.

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
OK the way chance to drop works.... say an item has a 1 in 500 chance to drop, you kill the mob it doesn't drop, you kill it again... the second time you kill it the chance to drop doesn't change to 1 in 499 it is still 1 in 500. Each time you kill something the number remains as if you hadn't killed it before.

As an example I'll use random rolls... ok you kill a mob the game rolls a number between 1 and 500 (using the same number model as above) your roll is between 2 and 500 you get one of the other possible items if you roll a 1 you get the ultra rare item of doom...

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Bugz said:
Seems you have a habit of providing nothing more than stating the obvious - nice one - have a cookie.
Gee, thanks. ;) One thing, though: using cookies as currency is again one of those things that us adults don't do. :m00: (Note that this is a joke. ;))

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Various parents pay off their children with cookies!

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Just saw this ring on a CM on Hib/Avalon, so it does exist. I have no idea what dropped it, though. :)

Slanko

Fledgling Freddie
I have the ring on my Animist, dropped after farming the Chieftains. Can't say what exactly dropped it but it does exist. :cheers:

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
The ring has dropped for us on mid excal, but only once I think, and we've done quite an amount of chieftain farming, we had 1-2 fg there and had leeches and stuff, stayed there for several hours. One time we got eight cloudsong 2/3 in 3-4 hours lol.

Thorild

Fledgling Freddie
I really must read the general forums more...

I can confirm the existance of the ring and it has been turned over to the searching party :)

Wholdar

Can't get enough of FH
Thorild said:
I really must read the general forums more...

Or just talk to your girlfriend more. :p
She´s been on like 85% of the farming-raids for this damned ring. :p

Much appriciated Thorild! =)
Wife is very happy now!

/j

Devaster

Fledgling Freddie
actualy i've got 2 rings of these dropped one after another, and all possible drops like 5x times but no f00king zephyr neck.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Devaster said:
actualy i've got 2 rings of these dropped one after another, and all possible drops like 5x times but no f00king zephyr neck.
Seen that too, and think we have one in guild vault (on Hib/Avalon). ;)

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Zenythe said:
OK the way chance to drop works.... say an item has a 1 in 500 chance to drop, you kill the mob it doesn't drop, you kill it again... the second time you kill it the chance to drop doesn't change to 1 in 499 it is still 1 in 500. Each time you kill something the number remains as if you hadn't killed it before.

Wich is probably a very stupid idea of the devs if its meant to control the flow/existance of rare items within the games economy.
But thats Mythic. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom