Ring of Death

Yaka

Part of the furniture
3rd 360 is now doing the old blinker on me. this ones lasted a while longer than the other 2. wondering have anyone had a replacement thats not had the RoD yet or an elite that has not RoD yet?

at the mo i am getting buy by switching the 360 on let it blink for a a while then
switch it on and off till it boots

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Only had one 360 with the ring of death. My elite has been fine.

Clown

Part of the furniture
My early model is still going strong. It's second hand too :)

Opt1

Fledgling Freddie
Had mine for 8 months.. how long have your's all lasted?

Glad I got the 3 Year warranty from Comet.. I know MS extended their's, but I'd rather just be able to take it in and pick up a new one that day :)

Might switch to an Elite if it does die I suppose.. not sure if I can exchange it for equivalent value if it dies on the warranty.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
After my second replacement went down due to 3 lights I went out and got an elite, the broken one is still sat there, should replace it really and sell it to my flatmate or something.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
I've had mine since release day and never had any problems. *Waits for for RROD to happen in 5 mins now ;)*

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Mines coming up on 13 months in use, not sure when it was manufactured. Only had a couple minor problems - failed to boot when starting with the controler once, had to push the button on the console, failed to send a videosignal once, had to reboot, and have hung in a game once (in the first weeks of operation). Other than that its been very reliable. Was used alot first couple months, then less over summer etc, and quite a lot last couple months again.

Rubric

Part of the furniture
I got my Elite at the weekend and brick it everytime i turn it on.

So much bad press i guess, i almost didn't buy one because of it until i found out about the 3 year warranty.

Its a noisy bugger as everyone said but it doesn't get hot after 3 or 4 hours play so i'm hoping it will be ok.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
warrant expires on 22nd march this year:eek7:

would swapping it for elite give me extended warranty?

Yaka

Part of the furniture
yes, talked to the ms support line and have mine ooked for pick up on wenesday, after this replacement i just get "an extended year or 90days which ever is the longer" according to peep i spoke which makes no fucking sense as a uyear is longer than 90 days, this being my third im looking to switch it for a elite or hdmi equipped opremium

Opt1

Fledgling Freddie
I think the first 90 days has slightly different terms to it than the year.. is somewhere on their website.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
replacment refurbished x360 turned up today,

over vga every res has a black bar on the left, and its been trying to recover my gamer tag for the past 15 mins, doing fuck all but that and its much more noisier than me old one:/

Yaka

Part of the furniture
looks like recovering my gamertag is impossible, disconnects after a bit

Yaka

Part of the furniture
tried that, tied until 2 am last nite to recover me gaming tag.

my last 2 replacements all i ever did was plug it in switch it on and recover game tag, bout 20 mins later id be able to play.

this time its not working:/

Yaka

Part of the furniture
been trying since 1o get to the your profile is being downloaded bit then it disconnects:/

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Why are you even bothering? MS have sent you a duff unit, phone them straight away and get it replaced.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
did they tried to fob me off with some fuck ass excuse that live is very busy atm.

any ways got it to work in the end.

now the shit thing my warranty is only for the nest 12 months, so i thought i should swap it for a Elite, cept both block buster and gamestation have closed down in my area

soze

I am a FH squatter
Ouch is this a usage thing or pot luck do you think a few of my mates who are very casual gamers 5 - 6 hours a week have never had a problem.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Meh wonk. Hopefully you'll get a new model. Or maybe worth just getting a new one considering the price cuts.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
I spent 13-15 hours on Eternal sonata right before the thing decided to give up on me, which means I have to start all over again once I get it back - wee \o/

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Didn't get a RROD with mine, but it was overheating within 20 minutes of me playing and retail games, I could play arcade game fine though.

Sent mine back about a week ago, well, my mate did while I was at college. Only thing was he forgot to un-attach the frigging HDD. Rang up support and they told me if I didn't recieve my HDD back with my xbox, they give me a brand new one. But damn, hope my experiences aren't anything like yours Yaka.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Just keep your HDD.

If they'll let me ;) They are probably going to tell me to send everything though, in case they have to send a brand new one. I might aswell punch my sexbox a few times on the back, so that I'll get it replaced asap.

My biggest problem is that I always get to the end of games and then buy some new ones, before I eventually complete them. Tomb raider legend, bioshock, mass effect, virtua fighter 5 and Halol are all nearly finished.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
they only need the box back, you dont *have* to send the hdd for them to check or repair it.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
dont send hdds back, ms will just send you the x360 and if they feel like it they may send you someone elses ora blanks hdd.

i am tempted to swap mine at blockbuster or gamestation for an elite, only thing thats stopping me is the fact that when me conn goes down xbla games wont be playable

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom