RimWorld. A sci-fi colony sim driven by an intelligent AI storyteller. Inspired by Dwarf Fortress.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Can't stress enough how you should try this out if you enjoy a more intuitive base-building game. It's in Alpha 14 and with great assortments of easily installed mods. It's very micromanagey but the AI is handled extremely well.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
hmm interesting. I like Gnomoria but it's buggy as fuck.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Gnomoria look's interesting as well. Rimworld doesn't work entirely the same with regards to that you can't really dig downwards, and the map you are exploring is limited, but, there are events, animals spawning and waves of enemies attacking, trades, etc.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
One of my colonists had his left arm shot off.. which affects certain values, combat effectiveness, mood swings, work speed etc, so i had an bionic arm made for him. Good times!

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
thinking of getting this instead of no mans sky hows its longevity for those who have had it a while?

leggy

Probably Scottish
I've had it for ages but only played 10 mins :(

Might fire it up on the work laptop when I'm away during the week. It does look brilliant

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Might have a look at this for the weekend, at the inlaws with a laptop so need something...anything.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
one of my colonist just got savagely attacked by an angry squirrel and somehow managed to panic and headshot one of the other colonists who was about 50 ft away o_O

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Well, if your colonists suffer brain damage or some sort of permanent trauma, you can replace their brain! Quiet handy really.

Last edited:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
My colony got plague, one died then the dog went mad because it liked him and killed someone else.

Maddening game, love it.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Hate plagues and diseases. You really need to have a hospital ready and a doctor to effectively treat diseases so they make it - also, plague doesn't spread, it's just random chance initially who gets struck.

@Raven Tried any mods yet?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Not tried any mods yet, just playing around with vanilla atm.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
There's an assortment of interesting mods that makes it even more micromanagy, if you're into that of course. A favorite is one that expands on the bionic crafting-system:

[A15] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 1.82 (31.08.2016)

Combat realism: [A15] Combat Realism v.1.6.8.1 (15.11.16) First test release (No CCL)

Funny furniture mod: [A15] RIMkea 1.1 HOLIDAY Update! 06 Dec 2016

New storytellers, enemy groups, armors, weapons etc: [A15] Rimsenal v0.72 : Season of the hunters

Cthulu mod?!: [A15] Call of Cthulhu - Rim of Madness Expansion Pack

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Im going to give main game a few play throughs before dabbling into mods for it

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
My big criticism is the size of the map and the fact that you cannot expand it. Seems completely pointless having biomes and whatnot and such a large world map if you cannot explore it. Strip mined the entire map now and have a ship sat there doing nothing, waiting for the AI core to spawn. It's entertaining enough but seriously limited.

francisbaud

Fledgling Freddie
Any gameplay video? I could always search by myself but...

edit: It seems like a planetary RTS game, interesting

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom