This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RimWorld. A sci-fi colony sim driven by an intelligent AI storyteller. Inspired by Dwarf Fortress.

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by fettoken, Aug 14, 2016.

1. fettoken

fettoken FH is my second home

Can't stress enough how you should try this out if you enjoy a more intuitive base-building game. It's in Alpha 14 and with great assortments of easily installed mods. It's very micromanagey but the AI is handled extremely well.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. TdC

TdC Trem's hunky sex love muffin Staff member Moderator

hmm interesting. I like Gnomoria but it's buggy as fuck.

3. fettoken

Gnomoria look's interesting as well. Rimworld doesn't work entirely the same with regards to that you can't really dig downwards, and the map you are exploring is limited, but, there are events, animals spawning and waves of enemies attacking, trades, etc.

4. fettoken

One of my colonists had his left arm shot off.. which affects certain values, combat effectiveness, mood swings, work speed etc, so i had an bionic arm made for him. Good times!

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. chipper

chipper Can't get enough of FH

thinking of getting this instead of no mans sky hows its longevity for those who have had it a while?

6. Shagrat

Shagrat I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

Ok so this game is insane. Really enjoying it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. leggy

leggy Probably Scottish

I've had it for ages but only played 10 mins :(

Might fire it up on the work laptop when I'm away during the week. It does look brilliant

8. Raven

Raven Brrrrr! FH Subscriber

Might have a look at this for the weekend, at the inlaws with a laptop so need something...anything.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Shagrat

one of my colonist just got savagely attacked by an angry squirrel and somehow managed to panic and headshot one of the other colonists who was about 50 ft away o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. fettoken

Well, if your colonists suffer brain damage or some sort of permanent trauma, you can replace their brain! Quiet handy really.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  11. Raven

My colony got plague, one died then the dog went mad because it liked him and killed someone else.

Maddening game, love it.

12. fettoken

Hate plagues and diseases. You really need to have a hospital ready and a doctor to effectively treat diseases so they make it - also, plague doesn't spread, it's just random chance initially who gets struck.

@Raven Tried any mods yet?

13. Raven

Not tried any mods yet, just playing around with vanilla atm.

14. fettoken

There's an assortment of interesting mods that makes it even more micromanagy, if you're into that of course. A favorite is one that expands on the bionic crafting-system:

[A15] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 1.82 (31.08.2016)

Combat realism: [A15] Combat Realism v.1.6.8.1 (15.11.16) First test release (No CCL)

Funny furniture mod: [A15] RIMkea 1.1 HOLIDAY Update! 06 Dec 2016

New storytellers, enemy groups, armors, weapons etc: [A15] Rimsenal v0.72 : Season of the hunters

Cthulu mod?!: [A15] Call of Cthulhu - Rim of Madness Expansion Pack

15. Shagrat

Im going to give main game a few play throughs before dabbling into mods for it

16. Raven

My big criticism is the size of the map and the fact that you cannot expand it. Seems completely pointless having biomes and whatnot and such a large world map if you cannot explore it. Strip mined the entire map now and have a ship sat there doing nothing, waiting for the AI core to spawn. It's entertaining enough but seriously limited.

17. Raven

• Like Like x 3
  18. francisbaud

francisbaud Fledgling Freddie

Any gameplay video? I could always search by myself but...

edit: It seems like a planetary RTS game, interesting

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  19. fettoken

Bit more depth to it than that!