RightNow Suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

Xravius

Yes, another thread of a taster of the AWESOME support RightNow gives.

[Starter]
Customer (Me) 12/20/2003 01:45 AM
After the latest rollback on Prydwen Server, I have lost things that I spent ages in the morning getting. I have lost 5platinum 200gold, Vigilant Oathbinder's Sleeves that I bought for 8platinum, and a Wrathbound War Sword I bought for 22Platinum. This has really annoyed me, I need the money or items back ASAP. Thanks in advance :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Update]
Customer (Me 12/21/2003 10:48 PM
Reply please, my account ends soon and if nothing has been taken upon about this, I won't be re-activating it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Response]
Response (CS) 12/23/2003 11:03 AM
Greetings,

We sincerely regret that a 6 hours rollback was necessary on the Prydwen server.
Again, to all players affected by this problem and the maintenance, we wish to express our sincere apology. This had to be done or things would have gotten much worse and fast. A rollback is always a terrible decision for us to take, and be sure that we do not do these unless we have no other way out. 6 hours rollback to prevent more troubles, it had to be done.

The time spent ingame during this 6 hours can unfortunately not be restored.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[My Reply]
Customer (Me) 12/23/2003 02:36 PM
You do have the ability to renew items&money. A long time ago my friend lost a LOT of money and time due to a rollback, and eventually you gave him his stuff. I know I have no evidence that I did have this money/item(s) in the first place, but what possible evidence could I have?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Reply]
Response (CS) 12/24/2003 11:31 AM
Greetings,

We sincerely regret that a 6 hours rollback was necessary on the Prydwen server.
Again, to all players affected by this problem and the maintenance, we wish to express our sincere apology. This had to be done or things would have gotten much worse and fast. A rollback is always a terrible decision for us to take, and be sure that we do not do these unless we have no other way out. 6 hours rollback to prevent more troubles, it had to be done.

The time spent ingame during this 6 hours can unfortunately not be restored.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[My Reply]
No Thanks, I didn't ask for a copy&paste response, take the time to read my problem instead of just putting any crap that you send to any other customers that have problems

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[SOLVED]

Ok, so this is their form of CustomerSupport? Nice :( And they have the cheek to ignore it and claim it is [SOLVED] and delete any more problems I have concerning the rollback(s)

[GOA] Get a new customer support, or give RightNow some brains, things like this WILL lose you customers, and so it should.

C

chretien

So was your character in exactly the same state after the roll back as he was 6 hours previously? In other words were his gold and items the same?
If not then it's a corrupt database and you should tell them that.
If it was the same then that's what a rollback is anything that happened in the six hour period gets undone - trades, exp, crafting etc. So in that case the response is correct.

X

Xeanor

No-one gets back items from rollbacks, no way.

S

Sichama

Originally posted by Xeanor
No-one gets back items from rollbacks, no way.

Agree...

...but i also agrre with the thread's subject :)

L

living

Well if they would give you youre items back they would have to do the samme to the 1000 other players and shit me thats gonna take alot of time with the loads of peopel who will try to cheat them.

Shit happens it also happened to me but theres nothing to do about it. Dosent make RightNow suck cuz of it cuz u had to pick between a 6 hour rollback or a server down for a few weeks prolly.

X

Xravius

Originally posted by living
Well if they would give you youre items back they would have to do the samme to the 1000 other players and shit me thats gonna take alot of time with the loads of peopel who will try to cheat them.

Shit happens it also happened to me but theres nothing to do about it. Dosent make RightNow suck cuz of it cuz u had to pick between a 6 hour rollback or a server down for a few weeks prolly.
Then why didn't they have the servers down the time the rollback would take place seing as you wouldn't gain fuck all anyway? Don't be a dick, and yes they would have to give everyone's items back to them, and so they should, their fault.

S

ssera

Originally posted by Xravius
Then why didn't they have the servers down the time the rollback would take place seing as you wouldn't gain fuck all anyway? Don't be a dick, and yes they would have to give everyone's items back to them, and so they should, their fault.

They didn't shut down the server because they didn't know there would be a problem.

You can criticise GOA for not knowing about the problem before it happened, but then again they usually happen when you least expect them especially in an environment as complex as a mmorpg.

Even if they did give back items (and they will never do this - they'd get scammed over and over), what about xp and crafting points, realm points?

X

Xravius

Originally posted by ssera
They didn't shut down the server because they didn't know there would be a problem.

They said the night before that they were having a rollback...

Originally posted by ssera
what about xp and crafting points, realm points?

What about them? why can't they renew them to? I thought SOE sucked, yet in SWG (Star Wars Galaxies) they renewed everything you lost and trusted you fully.

V

vesania

Goa made the decision not to go down the route of recompense - understandable if painful for those who lost items/experience etc and yes I WAS one of those who lost out - so you just have to live with that, Xravius.

They didn't know till the problems started occurring that it was serious enough to require a rollback. They took that option as a last resort. They apologised. These things happen in online gaming. It's harsh and there was real pain involved for many, but life goes on. Make the money again and get back to enjoying the game.

E

elewyth

dont want to piss on your campfire or anything... BUT...

please its a game, dont blame GOA for doing a rollback, i know its annoying that you lost 6 hours, yes jesus the last Rollback on Excal i lost 15 levels!!! i went from being 25.. down to 10. needless to say i cancelled my account and went to SWG.. but the point is this, one of many things can happen when the server screws up;

1. people realise (VERY QUICKLY!!) the possibilities for duping items and gold etc.. and believe me they do it very quick...
2. if ther server isnt rolled back then it keeps getting screwed up thus losing you MORE time when they rollback later..
3. they chose to roll back the server at that point because they reached a point where they thought...bugger me if we let this go on further we might totally bugger the server/chars etc..

I can assure having worked on a MMORPG staff role before the decision to rollback a server is NOT taken lightly, i remember the Malas Rollback i was involved in in UO on Europa, boy did we get that wrong!! and we got the blame for it too.. that resulted in restricting player down from 2000+ to 200 at times, believe me ask anyone who was in UO on Europa at the launch of AOS it was a farce!!

still i digress, yes its only a game, i know it hurts an your pissed off, rightly so too, but bear in mind GOA did what they thought was right at the time with the information they had,

regards,

Elewyth.xx

X

Xravius

Originally posted by elewyth
dont want to piss on your campfire or anything... BUT...

please its a game, dont blame GOA for doing a rollback, i know its annoying that you lost 6 hours, yes jesus the last Rollback on Excal i lost 15 levels!!! i went from being 25.. down to 10. needless to say i cancelled my account and went to SWG.. but the point is this, one of many things can happen when the server screws up;

1. people realise (VERY QUICKLY!!) the possibilities for duping items and gold etc.. and believe me they do it very quick...
2. if ther server isnt rolled back then it keeps getting screwed up thus losing you MORE time when they rollback later..
3. they chose to roll back the server at that point because they reached a point where they thought...bugger me if we let this go on further we might totally bugger the server/chars etc..

I can assure having worked on a MMORPG staff role before the decision to rollback a server is NOT taken lightly, i remember the Malas Rollback i was involved in in UO on Europa, boy did we get that wrong!! and we got the blame for it too.. that resulted in restricting player down from 2000+ to 200 at times, believe me ask anyone who was in UO on Europa at the launch of AOS it was a farce!!

still i digress, yes its only a game, i know it hurts an your pissed off, rightly so too, but bear in mind GOA did what they thought was right at the time with the information they had,

regards,

Elewyth.xx

Not being funny, but I didn't blame [GOA] did I? In fact I didn't blame anyone, I generally pointed out that RightNow (DAoC's Customer Support) is very rubbish. I mean, what the hell is with copy&pasting a response to me for a second time?

No, I am not pissed of, just annoyed that they didnt even bother to give me a proper response.

Also, they DID know that they would have to have a rollback, or how would many people in-game be talking about the rollback that was going to happen about 2-3days before the set date?

In the end, what I really don't understand is why [GOA] didn't just close Prydwen Server for that 6hours seing as the gamplay you spent in that time was going to go to waste and you gain nothing at all anyway?

-Xravius

A

acei

Also, they DID know that they would have to have a rollback, or how would many people in-game be talking about the rollback that was going to happen about 2-3days before the set date?
No, no one knew before the roll-back before it was posted. They had zone crashes and had to roll-back to before the zone crashes started. They don't know before problems occur as no one can see into the future ;)

I find it hilarious that you demand back items when no one else has had any item/money return they have had 1 day added to their account... a justified thing to recompensate, if they restored everyone's items they'd be getting reports of items that need restoring all the way upto next Christmas.

GOA did their job proper in this instance, the fact they copy & pasted to you meant they had no other answer to your question, their original answer was more than satisfactory and told you their position e.g. no item/gold refund but they did give you 1 free day.

S

Shike

heh with no proof whatsoever, you kinda have to understand that they cannot restore things. And if one come and want stuff back and get it, soon the whole server suddenly own highendloot and plenty of cash that mysteriosly made its way into the characters possession.

I disagree with a lot GOA do and dont, but here you are totally wrong in your demands and in your silly whine. Quit if you feel so damn bad about it, with that silly attitude im quite sure nobody will miss you anyway.

And when is ppl gonna learn that to threaten them to cancel and not renew etc in a very arrogant and selfcentered way doesnt help you out one single little bit, you get what you give from GOA. Be more polite in your requests and they might listen. Whether we like it or not, thats the way it is.

W

Whoodoo_RD

A roll back is a last resort

GOA would take this very seriously before doing it, and indeed had they left the proble as is, then it may have got a lot worse. Imagine them letting the entire DB crumble because one or two ppl may have lost their 6 hours of farming.

Now imagine your account with its 5p going completely to waste because GOA did squat, now ya gonna cry even more.

GOA only do things like this because they have little or no choice, and heck, if you can make 5p in 6 hours then whats it gonna cost you to get it back? Oh another 6 hours, boo hoo.

Would you rather tem leave potential hacks or bugs left unchecked purely for your benefit? Would you rather someone use a huge exploit for personal gain be left to it? I think we all know the answers here! No.

While I sympathise for your loss (i lost 3 MP parts the last excal roll back!) I do see things from the other side of the coin too.

X

Xravius

Ok, for the record (AGAIN) I am NOT whining, I am simply POINTING OUT. And stop arguing, because why the fuck didnt they close the servers through that time? Cos they couldnt give a flying dog's arse tbh.

T

thegreatest

Cos they couldnt give a flying dog's arse tbh.

You pointed that right, thats exactly what 99% of us think about your post...People are trying to explain you something but you're just like voicemail telling the same thing over and over again...

Tho I feel really sorry for you, I mean, everyone's life would be totally ruined if they had played a game for 6 hours and gained some items what give them great powers in their REAL LIFE. Also I know its totally shit when you spend 6 hours in a game, where you have gained lots of money so you could buy a big damn mansion and a brand new car IN REAL LIFE, but suddenly someone takes it away :(. I feel really, really sorry for you...

:eek:

A

acei

Ok, for the record (AGAIN) I am NOT whining, I am simply POINTING OUT. And stop arguing, because why the fuck didnt they close the servers through that time? Cos they couldnt give a flying dog's arse tbh.
They could have been trying to fix it without requiring a roll-back ;)? Roll-backs are a last-resort, if they took down the servers how would they find the problem and fix it?

S

svartmetall

This thread has gotten derailed. It's not about the rollback, it's about the fact that GOA couldn't be bothered to do anything more than copy/paste their responses.

GOA's "customer support" is fucking appalling and we all know it, I don't understand why anyone here would try to be an apologist for those clowns.

R

Roalith

Maybe they thought if he hadn't read the response the first time he might read it the second time.

:sleeping:

N

NairyK-

Ok, i understand your complaint, but why post on here? we all know GOA are crap, what do you expect us to do? not trying to flame here but...WHY...if they suck so much, quit :)

W

Whisperess

If you knew about the rollback, as you said you did, and I quote:

"They said the night before that they were having a rollback..."

then WHY THE HELL DID YOU PLAY DURING THAT TIME?

Things like this happen, live with it or shut up.

C

chimaira

I was asleep during roolback hours. lost 2K rps nothing else :m00:

also bout rightnow.

I always get same auto response every time I reply of a non solved issue. takes the piss with their database that gives auto responses.
anyway compare lossing 500 quid irl or some ingame stuff thats easy to get back

A

allnewdave

id advise everyone stops using rightnow and contacts mythic instead

S

speshneeds

Originally posted by allnewdave
id advise everyone stops using rightnow and contacts mythic instead

Mythic do not run the game in europe, pretty much fek all to do with them really
Originally posted by Mr.NairyK

Ok, i understand your complaint, but why post on here? we all know GOA are crap, what do you expect us to do? not trying to flame here but...WHY...if they suck so much, quit

indeed, if you hate it that much then why still play? /confused

P

Pelinore

I'd like to hear a little more about how a level 44 paladin (according to a one-week-old duskwave) acquired enough money to obtain this stuff. I would like to know how you farmed over five plat in six hours:

I have lost 5platinum 200gold

When duskwave shows you have no tradeskill, and, I believe, df was shut to albion at the time. If your complaint is that you had this money before the rollback and it had vanished afterwards, then it's pretty valid, but unlikely. If you realised that the servers would be rolled back, and then spent all six hours uber-farming, which isn't much fun, I'd question your sanity.

Vigilant Oathbinder's Sleeves that I bought for 8platinum, and a Wrathbound War Sword I bought for 22Platinum

I would like to hear how you are at a disadvantage through buying those items during the rollback, as any player with whom you had traded would be aware of this; you'd get your money back, they'd get the stuff, and you could trade again quite easily. Unless you're complaining that it took you six hours to complete the trade, and you were required to do that again - not impossible given your reputation. However, as it seems you expect GOA to create extra versions on the server of these things for you, or double your money:

This has really annoyed me, I need the money or items back ASAP.

I presume you're saying both money and items disappeared in some freak rollback combustion. In which case, I would fully expect the money to be restored.

But of course, this isn't the point; the point is that RightNow is shite, because they sent out a pre-written reply, containing the answer to your quite incredible and unreasonable request. I've attempted to explain, if not justify their disregard in the above.

Need I mention this is not, in fact, a flame? I've great respect for a lot of your guild and such, I'm sure there's a reason for this incongruity, which you'll be only too happy to divulge if you are doing other than talking through an unaccustomed orifice.

F

frogster

Personally im wondering how many other people at lvl 46 had 30+ Plat.?
So you have -Items and + 30p
So, you use this money to buy 30p worth of items.

So. you have, +Items, and -30p <with me so far?>

*ROLLBACK OF GOA SUCKS AND I NEED TO TELL YOU ALL!!*

You go back to having -Items +30p. <Ive seen this somewhere before!>

Explain what you want them to replace?
The money? erm, you got that already?
The items? erm, go see the guys you bought them off last time?

Be thankfull you got a cut and paste reply, maybe "lol, pull the other one, it has bell on it!" would have been more apt.

Oh and as for the 5.2 plat your farmed? Pls tell us where you go?

T

thegreatest

Yep I also thought about that yesterday, I actually dont believe a lvl 46 guy can farm 5.2 plat and buy such expensive items (and that happens during that 6 hours rollback? How occassional :rolleyes: )

By the time I've played DAoC (for more than 1 year), I've never ever had near 6 plat on all of my chars together, let it be farming 5p in 6 hours :D

P

Pelinore

Now harken unto Nee, good kin,
The bringer of the light,
Dispels the harbingers of sin,
The speakers of the Shite.

Should earthly wight, of Bullshit speak,
The Nee shall follow after,
And vengeance on the waffler wreak,
With maniacal laughter.

Beware the Nee! Beware his prose:
Concise and ever-prudent!