Right then here goes

Z

Zey

I want everyone to post what improvements they would like in Jedi Knight 2... Serious ones that do not remove anything (i.e. Remove force ... lightning or backstab etc)

Good Improvements that everyone will agree on and what the community want. You all know my ideas, but i want everyone elses.

Thanks

Zey

F

FragFodder

You know my opinions m8 ;)

and if you need testers or if there is anything I could do to help...

/me raises hand

FF

S

Summo

They need to make face-to-face combat more deadly than stabbing someone who's behind you. Nerf it.

Set backstab so you can't move in a circle when executing (light and medium stance) and reduce the hit damage from this move. Constant running backwards and stabbing would leave the player too vulnerable to attack from the front and sides. (As an aside I now love throwing my saber at people repeatedly as they run backwards at me. :D Cheap kills, but they started it ;))

The rest of it I love. Just backstab needs sorting, imo.

I only ever play saber-only servers so I don't know anything about the other weapons.

Z

Zey

thats what i had in mind. Make it so you can turn while doing a backstab/swing.... but was gonna make the swing blockable and maybe a 1 second delay or something after doin it.

What about making the sabers more powerful? make it so if you make a mistake, your buggered :p

O

old.Solid Scorpion

Gameplay Issues:

Blockable back attacks
Damage ratio rethink (saw that the ratio is currently 1:1:3, n1 Zey)
Blocking ratio to be changed/toned down, somewhere in between the two versions probably

Changes:

- Points allocation for saber offense. Each style would cost the same but each style would cost, say 8 points, and you get to choose what stance you want. This would add a lot more variation to the fighting, meaning ppl can concentrate on their saber styles or shun them in favour of force powers (any of the kaiburr mod team reading this, please take into account).

- Blocking of low level lightning with high level saber defense (lightning at ranks 1 and 2)

- Toning down of Absorb (I believe you have some thoughts on this Zey)

I hope my opinions on this aren't just brushed aside, and that any negative opinions on them can be explained.

Thanks!

:D

B

bigfoot

As someone who only occasionally plays the game one thing has always puzzled me is that point about the lightsaber damage - i think it would make a much better game if it was more deadly. Imo the whole light / med / strong thing is a bit pointless too.

O

old.Rafferty

I'd like to see a bit more style and character in each of the lightsaber stances, making them more distinctive than having different timed swings and different amounts of damage. For instance having more 'special moves', not killer moves in the style of the backswing/backstab, just some little tricks you can discover and pull off.

Just to make lightsaber battles a bit more like the Darth Maul Episode 1 battle with clever little bits here and there, rather than running into your oponent and randomly slashing, as appears to be the tactic of many people online.

It needs to feel more Jedi. :]

Z

Zey

Originally posted by bigfoot
As someone who only occasionally plays the game one thing has always puzzled me is that point about the lightsaber damage - i think it would make a much better game if it was more deadly. Imo the whole light / med / strong thing is a bit pointless too.

Valid point mate.. you look at the film and sabers go through almost anything... but it takes a stupid amount of hits in this game to kill with a saber :)

F

FragFodder

I just had a thought (Yeah, doesn't happen very often i know)

YODA STYLE - Fooking Fast Style, where you're relying more on the charectures speed to get the kill.

I was thinking.. the Model, would be Yoda (2 feet high), but permanently Force Acccelerated, and using a faster blue style. NOT as powerful a saber and he could be pretty weak when it comes to health with only 50 hp or something. But his advantage would come from the speed.

Also you'd have to watch AOTC again, to try and get some of his mannarisms when he's in a saber fight (In close, head back, looking up etc. you get the idea)

As I say, just a thought

FF

Z

Zey

Aye FF i spoke to Kaiburr saga about that yesturday :)

The only problem is they have to do the following:
Make model
Make skin
make saber
make shaders
Make Animation
Do Coding

a lot of work :)

but they plan too :D

D

Disco PhoolCat

Originally posted by FragFodder
YODA STYLE - Fooking Fast Style, where you're relying more on the charectures speed to get the kill.

--------8<----------

Also you'd have to watch AOTC again, to try and get some of his mannarisms when he's in a saber fight (In close, head back, looking up etc. you get the idea)

Yep, bounce around like a hyperactive kid on sugerpuffs... jumping off of everything... being able to block & repel lightning... and of course COMPLETE 0\/\/NAGE OF EVERYTHING!!!!!

Only bit of the filum I liked, the Flying Muppet...:rolleyes:

G

People keep asking me about Duel's in a FFA game, it doesnt seem to be enabled, the default key (K) apparently lets you choose an opponent to duel with and that oponent can accept or decline an invitation to duel.

Can we get this sorted .
:m00:

Z

Zey

aye brooky it ant enabled... asked for it too be though about 2 months ago now.

think command is

rcon g_privateduel 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom