Rift & Magnet

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
First of all: nerf is justified. No argument here.

A few issues have become noticable.

First of all, I believe its supposed to make you immune to knockback etc, after casting? Perhaps I misunderstood this but if its the case, then this is broken. I've been repeatedly knocked back after casting this spell.

Secondly, I can't confirm this as not seen it myself but I'm told engineers at least are still able to pull people through keep walls? Fix please.

Lastly, and this may be a bit contentious, I think its been over-nerfed.

The number of people, fine. The cooldown, fine.

Not the cast time. Remove the cast time on this please.

Nate

FH is my second home
First of all, I believe its supposed to make you immune to knockback etc, after casting? Perhaps I misunderstood this but if its the case, then this is broken. I've been repeatedly knocked back after casting this spell.
It should give immunity to the people being pulled in.

Secondly, I can't confirm this as not seen it myself but I'm told engineers at least are still able to pull people through keep walls? Fix please.
Magus exploit this aswell, happened tonight on KEP in Dragonwake Keeps.

Lastly, and this may be a bit contentious, I think its been over-nerfed.
Personally, I think it shouldn't even be in the game.

The number of people, fine. The cooldown, fine.
Number of people, still not low enough. Should pull in 2 at most. Cooldown should be raised to 10 minutes if it's not entirely removed from the game.

Not the cast time. Remove the cast time on this please.
Make it a permanant cast time that you cast at level one and only complete when you delete the char imo! :D

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
With this sort of spell you should have to be stationary and have a 2-3s cast (only my opinion) I don't see why it should be insta.. It is quite a powerful spell after all.

Either that or make it a level 4 morale ability..

gordro

Fledgling Freddie
Its a game breaker to be honest.

If they need to keep it, then make it single target like the WL or Mauraders.

In fact my Terrible Embrace is probably game breaking as well. I use this skill almost constantly (sometimes its the only way to get to grips with the enemy without entering the "Tab Target Death Zone" Admitidily it only brings in the stupid or afk, but then a lot of players are stupid and afk :p

I dont see the point in having character collision, tanks with actual tanking skills in Pvp and then having the ability to bypass all this.

meh, buff the Magus and Engineer, get rid of terrible embrace, fetch, rift and magnet. Give the Maurader and WL something else (maybe some sort of defensive ability that allows them to get to their target or something)

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
meh, buff the Magus and Engineer, get rid of terrible embrace, fetch, rift and magnet. Give the Maurader and WL something else (maybe some sort of defensive ability that allows them to get to their target or something)

couldnt agree with this more, the "get over here" abilities are just as shocking, so annoying as a healer to get away from an assist train and as soon as you are away, with all your AP spent (and most like that of any other healer in your group) to then be pulled right back into a crowd by the same feckers u just got away from.

Seanpaul

Loyal Freddie
about marauder pull

Shorten distance, 5sec cast time, if the target manages to run out of range during this time then target is snared by 20%.

dont think thats too bad, make the snare up to 80ft or so to justify the smaller range and low snare effect.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Every class (or maybe just some) should have a skill which makes them immune to being pulled around the place for a certain amount of time. That way they can keep the pulling skills but it gives players some kind of defence from it.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
As for Maras and Wls, get rid of the Pull Ability and give Charge immunity to Cc AND 50% Dmg reduction attached to it.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
funniest thing i ever saw with rift was a magus in TA who used it as he was kicked in the lava. i think 5-7 people ended up in the lava, lol

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH

1) Both Magus and Engineer are still able to pull people through certain "solid" objects apparently at random.

2) I have experienced the lack of knockback immunity so many times it's not funny so it's definitely not just you.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone else notice a lack of Magi since the patch? Personally i haven't seen a single one yet :)

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Anyone else notice a lack of Magi since the patch? Personally i haven't seen a single one yet :)

They are definitely thin on the ground - less than 1 per scenario now as opposed to 3+ per scen which was fast becoming the norm before the patch.

I feel for them, i really do. In fact let me play this tiny little violin just for them.:lol:

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Not this one.

And while some of you are enjoying laughing it up, bear in mind that while Rift/Magnet was stupidly overpowered, Chaotic Rift was the only Magus ability that wasn't utterly *underpowered*. Its not my preferred way of taking out enemies but it certainly was the one that made my class useful to groups where no other Magus ability does and was the only one that didn't rely on the target's own stupidity. Mythic seem to be pushing the Magus to be a pbaoe class and yet most of the pbaoe spells do naff all damage and/or are on big cooldowns. Chaotic Rift dealt with the issue of getting into the fight fast to actually be useful. To all intents and purposes that is gone now.

Also heavily ignored is that Chaotic Rift is the highest ability in the mastery tree to pay for other than the idiotic Rank 4 Morale. Nerf Rift...fine: drop it down the tree, and make some other Daemonology spec ability the defining high point ability instead, not this now-useless spell. I say useless, I of course mean useless for those that refuse to use it in a cheating bug abusing way. To use Chaotic Rift, 7 times out of 10 the Magus using it dies.
We have to stand at the front to use it and have the bloody floaty disc "Hi I'm Your Target For Today" obvious thing going on and unlike engineers we only have cloth armour.
(Not saying engineers are titans but every bit helps when you have to stand at the front line to use your supposed class/spec defining ability).

I stand by what I said. The cast time should be removed, or at least reduced. Its a knee jerk nerf which has been overly done to appease the whiners. I've never argued against it being nerfed, I just believe they overdid it.

Being cynical, lets face it, only a tiny proportion of the player base are going to feel this nerf and at the same time a large amount of whiners can be held at bay while they work on the class/combat patch.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
I'm fine with giving them a nice boost. DOn't want anyclass to turn into the armsmen of war. But pullins were and are a op skill. They should have listened at the start. I'm sure they lost a hell of a lot of subs down to that 1 skill. My h8 for the skill started when I was first pulled into lava in TA.

Magus/Engineer/SH/SW shouldnt be charity cases as they are now.

Nate

FH is my second home
Not this one.

And while some of you are enjoying laughing it up, bear in mind that while Rift/Magnet was stupidly overpowered, Chaotic Rift was the only Magus ability that wasn't utterly *underpowered*. Its not my preferred way of taking out enemies but it certainly was the one that made my class useful to groups where no other Magus ability does and was the only one that didn't rely on the target's own stupidity. Mythic seem to be pushing the Magus to be a pbaoe class and yet most of the pbaoe spells do naff all damage and/or are on big cooldowns. Chaotic Rift dealt with the issue of getting into the fight fast to actually be useful. To all intents and purposes that is gone now.

Also heavily ignored is that Chaotic Rift is the highest ability in the mastery tree to pay for other than the idiotic Rank 4 Morale. Nerf Rift...fine: drop it down the tree, and make some other Daemonology spec ability the defining high point ability instead, not this now-useless spell. I say useless, I of course mean useless for those that refuse to use it in a cheating bug abusing way. To use Chaotic Rift, 7 times out of 10 the Magus using it dies.
We have to stand at the front to use it and have the bloody floaty disc "Hi I'm Your Target For Today" obvious thing going on and unlike engineers we only have cloth armour.
(Not saying engineers are titans but every bit helps when you have to stand at the front line to use your supposed class/spec defining ability).

I stand by what I said. The cast time should be removed, or at least reduced. Its a knee jerk nerf which has been overly done to appease the whiners. I've never argued against it being nerfed, I just believe they overdid it.

Being cynical, lets face it, only a tiny proportion of the player base are going to feel this nerf and at the same time a large amount of whiners can be held at bay while they work on the class/combat patch.
There is no way you can possibly justify the way Chaotic Rift was, it was a game breaking ability. It still is a game breaking ability but now it doesn't pull in as many people as possible. Check out this Archmage Spell Wind Blast the snare doesn't seem to even work, it pushes them a useless amount of distance and it only effects people that are 5 feet away from me and infront of me, it's on a 1 minute re-use timer and it is no where near as overpowered as Chaotic Rift/Electormagnet.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Seems to me you're trying to, that Magus is underpowered it deserved a game breaking ability?

Nope. Again I point you at both my previous posts. I even started out by saying the nerfs were needed and justified.

Just not quite to the point they were taken. The cast time, ONLY the cast time is what I've asked for to be changed.

Goku

One of Freddy's beloved
What sucks is that they nerfed your CR, then delayed your improvements.

Nate

FH is my second home
To be honest, I'd rather the Career was reworked so having Chaotic Rift was not the necessity to get parties as you seem to be making out. I'd also rather not have the ability in the game. It makes RvR lazy, why have a strategy to fight an army when you can just pull a few in and kill them?

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I'd be happy if they reworked it too. Daemonology was my last choice of spec, I tried everything else.

I always keep my combat log and chat log separate so I can see info on what I'm up to as it scrolls past. I was watching the numbers roll up the other night. Was hitting enemies for like 60 damage with my AoE.

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
I'm glad they nerfed it, hated that spell, but I dunno whether the form of the nerf was perfect. Roo seems to be trying to be rational about it, so worth listening.

I always thought the nerf should have been range rather than number of targets anyway. Hard to use a tactical spell like that when you don't actually know who it will/won't hit.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
I'd be happy if they reworked it too. Daemonology was my last choice of spec, I tried everything else.

I always keep my combat log and chat log separate so I can see info on what I'm up to as it scrolls past. I was watching the numbers roll up the other night. Was hitting enemies for like 60 damage with my AoE.

They need to give all ranged at least 1 resist debuff/nuke. BW/Sorc gets one. SW gets one if they use a tactic. It's the only way to get any decent dmg.

My RP is in the same boat when I tried to dps. Double digit just isnt worth it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom