Sex Rhyl

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm a little bit bothered by this story.

Freely admitting prejudice, as I've been to Rhyl and know it well enough to avoid anything from there for fear of catching a disease, I read story as thus:

Drunk girl went to hotel with a couple of footballers, got laid, woke up the next day with no memory of incident, decided it must have been rape and that her drinks must have been spiked.

The bit that concerns me is this:
the prosecution allege she was in no fit state to consent

Labour changed the law a while back to secure more rape convictions. I'm uneasy because I daresay lots of people get completely mullared, find a bird in a similar state, go somewhere for a bit of fun and then wake up the next morning with only fuzzy recollection of the incident?

Why then, is the onus on a drunken man to prove that consent was given when drunken girls are just as likely to walk up to you and say "take me to the toilets and fuck me now" as men...

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Were the footballers drunk too? In that case they wre in no fit state to consent either and she's guilty of raping them. Fucking stupid law.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I have often wondered the same thing. I think rape is horrible and I will not sleep with a drunk girl if I am sober. But I have woken up and though why am I laying next to this Blond girl.

And I do not want to condone wasting police time but I would find it interesting to see what would happen if a guy walked into a police station and said "I woke up next to a girl I think she date raped me".

As people have said before the cases where the girl has just got a bit too drunk and ended up doing something she regrets and then claims rape do nothing but hurt legitimate rape victims.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
In the Metro today there's a story of a man trying to defend his rape case by saying she was "suggestively eating chicken."

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I have often wondered the same thing. I think rape is horrible and I will not sleep with a drunk girl if I am sober. But I have woken up and though why am I laying next to this Blond girl.

And I do not want to condone wasting police time but I would find it interesting to see what would happen if a guy walked into a police station and said "I woke up next to a girl I think she date raped me".

As people have said before the cases where the girl has just got a bit too drunk and ended up doing something she regrets and then claims rape do nothing but hurt legitimate rape victims.

There's no female to male rape scenario recognised in English law. Sexual Assault, not rape. (There is male on male rape I think).

These kind of cases make me a bit twitchy as well. I've woken up next to girls with no recognition of the night before on more than one occasion.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
In the Metro today there's a story of a man trying to defend his rape case by saying she was "suggestively eating chicken."

Can we add what happened after that? Thx :p

Mr Witty said that he and the woman got on well and his friend thought she was flirting with him. When the group left around 10.30pm he and Miss C briefly kissed on the lips outside Bank tube station, before he handed her his business card.
Because of problems with the Tube, Mr Witty he decided to walk to nearby Monument station instead, and encountered her again on his way. As it was late, she offered him her spare room, but he declined because he had an early start, he said.
The pair met again three days later for drinks in Richmond, south-west London, before going back to his flat where they began kissing and “fondling” on the sofa.
He told Kingston Crown Court that she performed a sex act on him before he went to get a condom, and when he returned she told him “f--- me”, leading to “vigorous” sex.
“Did she ever say anything to give any indication she was unhappy?” asked Mr Milliken-Smith. Mr Witty replied: “Not at all.”
Mr Witty said he ordered some Chinese takeaway for them, and they continued to talk on the sofa, but the mood turned sour in a conversation about football.
She remarked that Portsmouth were better than Manchester United, and he jokingly told her to “f--- off”, he said. She took offence and asked him to call her a cab.
“I didn’t understand why she was upset,” Mr Witty said.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Can we add what happened after that? Thx :p

I believe he's on trial for 3 rapes? So yeah, he's probably a bit rapey.

Not sure if he violated the chicken as well if that's what you mean.

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Don't know about the UK, but in a lot of countries the law says rape = penetration meaning a woman can rape a guy and not be charged for it as the guy was not penetrated... (and this has really happened)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It is bollox. Also one of the crimes where in the eyes of every fucker you are guilty until proven innocent.

opticle

Part of the furniture
Being close to a girl on the other side of this, it really is very complicated and horrible :( The problem is, situations like this and the (true) arguments above mean that the genuine cases like hers are horrible and its very difficult to come forward about them. It takes a massive amount of bravery and is very painful. Rape conviction rates are very low. There's two sides to that argument but I know which one I go with.

People say "Oh she was just battered", but if people are spiking your drinks and planning to take advantage of you when you don't know what you're doing, how can you tell the difference ? And how can you know if someone was just battered, or had their drink rohypnol-ed ? Who's going to believe you if you were out at a club or party ?

The other problem is, drugs like rohypnol's effects are very similar to a massive whack of alcohol.. but one = evil and the other = "moron" ?

It is really difficult, but for the girls affected it is horrible, trust me. I think those genuinely affected are almost less likely to come forward, because they are so scared.

All I can say is, if you are a girl, have girl-friends, daughters etc., make sure they're always careful with their drinks and don't overdo it, unless you're out with friends you really trust to know you and look out for you. It sounds over the top, but it's so difficult, its never worth the risk.

And tbh, if I'm really so battered that I don't know what I'm doing, that shit doesn't work.

opticle

Part of the furniture
And just remember the above arguments will allow a large number of rapists to go free and get away with what they have done. Think about what that's like if its someone you care about.

I'm not saying everyone should go down, I'm just saying it's fucking hard and horrible and there are more shades of grey to the above than some of the comments suggest.

Just look out for your friends. :/

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Not wishing to seem unsympathetic, I must say this:
if people are spiking your drinks and planning to take advantage of you when you don't know what you're doing

In my extensive experience of drinking almost every weekend since long before it was legal (and spending more than 50% of my nights out throughout my twenties, and not having kids a fuckload of my 30's too) I've never, ever, come across anyone who's actually had their drink spiked. I've heard loads of pissed people complaining about it tho - because they've drunk so much they can't remember what they had.

And it seems that the academics and police think it's 99% bunkum too.

I've no doubt it happens. Maybe in 1 in a few hundred cases. The rest of the time? She was just pissed and has woken up feeling shame.

I do take your point about looking after girls very seriously tho. My GF being one in point. She doesn't know when to stop, gets to a point where she's totally battered and incoherent. Anyone could pretty much do anything and she'd be none the wiser (hence the holiday thread I started recently).

Of course, attempting to curb this ridiculous behaviour results in a fuckload of argument and heartache for me - because, being a man, I'm obviously a controlling cock.

Women don't like to face up to the reality that they do not metabolise alcohol at the rate men do. Beer? Fine. But the second they hit spirits they are fucking themselves over - their bodies are simply not designed for it.

Why is it that good, decent, non-cock, non-rapist men have to bear this responsibility for them?

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
I know where this Premier Inn is as well.
Right next to a KFC by a roundabout outside Rhuddlan.

My *opinion* is that she was totally off her face and these guys took advantage of the fact.
I'm not getting into the rights or wrongs of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom