Rewards for PvP in WoW

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
Louster said:
What? You're not playing on Shadowmoon, by any chance, are you?

nope j00p is playing Bloodscalp avec moi and a few other fweddys, seems the rogue lameness is spread across all servers :p

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Louster said:
What? You're not playing on Shadowmoon, by any chance, are you?

No... in fact we are all in the 32-36 level range so it probably wasn't quite so unfair. As for Gef's comments we also took a flight up to try to help a level 32 or so guildmate who was being chainkilled by three rogues all well over level 40. It's that kind of behaviour that seems to personify the class, sadly.

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
Gef said:
Its because the only time I ever see Rogues, they are ALWAYS griefing lower level players. It seems thats what the class was designed to do, and they always seem to get away with it too. Damn them all!
It's funny. As a rogue, being pretty powerful in PvP, I don't feel the need to grief at all. In fact, I enjoy picking fights when I'm outnumbered or they're higher level than me.
There's a mage guy around my level who I attacked once before I knew about "blink" and who beat me up pretty bad (though I was being attacked by at least 2 other people at the same time) who I attempt to kill whenever I see, now. The other day there was a huge battle in Hillsbrad, swinging between Tarren Mill and Southshore, and who do I spot in the middle of the 20 or so alliance fighting there? Yep. So I stealth in and attack him and though he teleports and blinks and does all the usual, I manage to kill him seconds before I die from the concentrated Alliance firepower.

Earlier that day I'd attacked (on my own) a group of maybe 6 or 7 Alliance, all of whom were about 10 levels below me. I didn't really stand a chance, but it was pretty fun. This is what I enjoy doing.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Louster said:
It's funny. As a rogue, being pretty powerful in PvP, I don't feel the need to grief at all. In fact, I enjoy picking fights when I'm outnumbered or they're higher level than me.
There's a mage guy around my level who I attacked once before I knew about "blink" and who beat me up pretty bad (though I was being attacked by at least 2 other people at the same time) who I attempt to kill whenever I see, now. The other day there was a huge battle in Hillsbrad, swinging between Tarren Mill and Southshore, and who do I spot in the middle of the 20 or so alliance fighting there? Yep. So I stealth in and attack him and though he teleports and blinks and does all the usual, I manage to kill him seconds before I die from the concentrated Alliance firepower.

Earlier that day I'd attacked (on my own) a group of maybe 6 or 7 Alliance, all of whom were about 10 levels below me. I didn't really stand a chance, but it was pretty fun. This is what I enjoy doing.

As ever, an exception to prove the rule ;)

Parlain

Fledgling Freddie
Meduza said:
do u rly remember the ones that ganked u while u were lower lvl? oO

KoS and u dont have to read through a mile long list of names be4 u do anything... I bet thats more fun!

PvPLog 4 teh win!

My own view on ganking is that I'll leave lowbies alone unless they belong to a guild that has become KoS through members ganking my guildies - at which point I will gank mercilessly, /laugh, /spit and go see if they got any guildies nearby that I can kill as well ^^

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
>Ohh, and that doesnt happend from the "ohh so honourable alliance", right?!

Hate to say it but you missed the point completely, the situation described was merely an illustration to show the mindset of those that need a lot of advantages to cope with pvp aspect of the game, ie pick on lowbies. Me, I had loads of fun as we did what we set out to do, ie kill the lvl 47. The fact that they ran off when we accomplished the goal speaks volumes about those players behind the computers, nothing about what side they belong to.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
On Shadow moon I've gotten chain-killed once. That was by a high-level rogue with the original name of "stab". Used all the dirty tricks, like waiting for me to be fighting, corpse camping and then just being highlevel :p

But I still do not kill every rogue I see, just because one rogue chained me, all the other rogues are innocent (maybe not all of them :p)

If you get chained by one Alliance, you don't chain all the other Alliance either right?

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
Tasslehoff said:
If you get chained by one Alliance, you don't chain all the other Alliance either right?

I have never been chained by anyone.. but always have had consistent problems with Rogues camping well used paths in lower level zones.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Louster said:

Well I'm a warrior, I get killed by every class except other warriors so I vent anger on low levels. I think that's fair.

CurryKnight

Fledgling Freddie
Dillinja said:
Well I'm a warrior, I get killed by every class except other warriors so I vent anger on low levels. I think that's fair.

do you beat up kids in the park on the way home from work aswell? ;)

Asharith

Loyal Freddie
good warriors have no problem with my warlock :(.... ( i need succu up rly 100% :fluffle: )

Solarius

Fledgling Freddie
Getting ganked by someone who's well above your level is hardly crippling, imo. Annoying, yes, but thats what the PvP server is about. It's when you're questing and some idiot who you've no chance against (or several even) and they then decide it'll be fun to sit at your corpse to wait for you respawning, only to kill you again, that they deserve an honourable mention on my shitlist :p

Has only happened to me once so far thankfully

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom