Revenge of the Sith - Star Wars Episode 3

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
What did you think of the movie ?

Thought it was very entertaining. Definitely the best of the new trilogy. Amazing fight sequences and visual effects. However, IMO, the original trilogy (episodes IV - VI) is still the best. Think they always will be.

Rating: 4/5

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Quite good tbh and I am not the greatest fan. Parallel events and especially the parallel happening fights near the end was nice. Tbh, I wanted to go find KOTOR and play it once more as it could be closest possible to "live" in the Star Wars universe :)

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
in all honesty i thought the story was rushed and the film was shit

palpatine: wanna join the dark side? it rocks
anakin: mm i've spent all my life trying to fight your kind but fck it, i'll join

anakin: and padme?
palpatine: she's dead, you killed her. it's your fault
anakin: noooooooooooooooooooooo
anakin: i'll still support you though dont worry - even though i joined the dark side to be able to save her from death.

????????????

that didnt make sense

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
gunz, thing is, remember attack of the clones? Probably not :)

He was a total prick already. Slaying all those sand people. Jealous. Greedy. He even specifically said he wanted to become "the best jedi ever, ill even learn to stop people from dying" (which is very significant, as thats what he thought Palpatine could help him do). He also blames Obi-Wan for holding him back, saying he is "jealous" of Anakins power.

About that quote, yeah it seems a tiny bit silly but he DID already pledge his loyalty to the Emperor. He already killed just about all the fuggin Jedi, whats he gonna do? At least this way he can rule the galaxy. Thats what he wanted, power. Now he has it.

Messiah

Fledgling Freddie
I thought SW3 was the best out of the new prequels but there was a few moments in the film that made me think Bull Shit

1) When Anakin turned to the dark side was so Easy it was pathetic not even resisting just laid down like a dog rolling over on its back panting and waiting for his stomach to be rubbed by his new master and a scoobie snack

2) The last fight was very intense well you knew who was gonna win lol till that last bit of it which im not going to say was the worse ending to a fight ive ever seen :(

3) The film was long me and my m8 had to pay £5 on the bloody car park lol the bloody Gits last time i go Wood Green Cinema :twak:

All in all this is by far the best film of the year well its close between this and Amityville Horror im prob gonna get flamed :flame: but i dont care :p just my opinion

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
It was an entertaining film, although some of the acting was a bit wooden.

The main factor that lifted it above the previous two films was the absence of Jar Jar Binks from all but one scene, in which he was completely silent! It would have been even better if he hadn't appeared at all, of course, but we can be thankful for small mercies...

The one thing that really made no sense to me:

If the Jedi are supposed to be so enlightened and merciful, why the hell did Obi-Wan leave Anakin in obvious pain and suffering when he could easily have put him out of his misery?!?

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Alithiel, Jedi aren't supposed to kill an unarmed, defenceless enemy. "It's not the Jedi way" as Anakin said, twice!

Messiah, for 1), see my post before yours :)

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
but st

he was too dangerous

windu would have done it

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
windu borders on the dark side :)

true fact btw, he fights with emotion

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
ST^ said:
gunz, thing is, remember attack of the clones? Probably not :)

He was a total prick already. Slaying all those sand people. Jealous. Greedy. He even specifically said he wanted to become "the best jedi ever, ill even learn to stop people from dying" (which is very significant, as thats what he thought Palpatine could help him do). He also blames Obi-Wan for holding him back, saying he is "jealous" of Anakins power.

About that quote, yeah it seems a tiny bit silly but he DID already pledge his loyalty to the Emperor. He already killed just about all the fuggin Jedi, whats he gonna do? At least this way he can rule the galaxy. Thats what he wanted, power. Now he has it.

I agree with gunz, rushed and shite. You could have had a bloody tree play Anakin and it would have been less wooden acting - his 'angry conflicted' face was bollox from start to end. I'm not a love story man, but when did they actually spend any bloody time together to fall in love?? He was always galavanting around the galaxy like an :kissit: .

And about the above - the Emperor never actually said he had the power to resurrect, he said that he didn't have the power 'yet' and with Anakin at his side they'd figure it out. Which means gunner's quote should read:

palpatine: wanna join the dark side? it rocks though I can't save Padmay yet
anakin: mm i've spent all my life trying to fight your kind but fck it, i'll join even though you *can't* do what you've promised you could earlier

I know plausability is a foolish topic when it comes to sci-fi but character motivation was kinda lacking.

As for the fights - the melee was mainly falshy sabres with little choreography, and did anyone get bloody bored of ships landing and taking off all the way through? Utter crap imo.

Rant over :(

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
a few things i hate about this movie is :

some of the scenes that was made with anakin and Padme, was kinda poor, character-wise

why arnt there more wookies in this movie ? ffs they have a whole planet, and t hey are under attack, i would recon more then a few regiments would come and defend.

and whats Chewbaccas connection to Han.... why does he go from a highly ranked wookie on his planet ( i judge this by the role he plays in the 3th movie) to a no-body hanging out with a smuggler scum who owes alot of money to the biggest gangster on Tatooine, jabba the hutt.

enlighten me please someone...

Adrianicus

Loyal Freddie
not 100% certain but i believe Chewie got captured by the Imperial and used as a slave.

Han then rescued him somehow and that resulted in the life-debt.

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
such expanded universe knowledge :p

i though film was uber though, fight at end was really cool when that music came on (The same 1 that was on in darth maul in episode 1) one of the star wars moments that makes u tremble/shiver or whatever :p

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
So far I've only liked Return Of The Jedi, as I love those Ewoks! :D

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
some things doesn't make sence aye. And the Anakin actor is utter shit imo, padme ain't a star either (cept for her looks occiasionally).
I was wondering about the Cewie thing as well. But i really enjoyed it :D nice movie imo. and givf a 3.5 what happens in the meantime with the universe untill luke grows up.

oh yaeh. and Lela in the old ones. How can she remember her mothers eyes when she's like 5 minutes old when she dies and luke cannot? unless she thinks she's born from a black mother and haves a black father - then she's plain stupid and should be shot ;<

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Fight scenes were good, but the camera work was close up to make up for the crap choregraphing, poo angles and poor directing, enjoyable unless like most scifi addicts you are looking for the mistakes.

As mentioned, Leia said she remembered her mother, fooked that didnt you mister Lucas? She was kind and gentle or sommit like that she said...how the hell......wtvr

whyd Padme die anyhow, all he did was lump her one, after all the other stuff she had endured inclugding the crap acting of all the Anikin toons, she died after getting lumped one. The ending seemed really rushed, her last dying breathe being the names of her sprogs, yup, while Im carking it during birth thats really going to be the last thing on my mind.

Anikins conversion, way too easy IMO.

Palpatine:"wanna see my puppy with 5 legs?"
Anakin: "Sure, ill even blow you if you want!"

The droids, despite going through 3 episodes together, Obi-Wan seems to have fogotten who the heck R2D2 and C3P0 are in New Hope? And how come Vadar didnt get all mushy in Empire Strikes back seeing his old toy C3P0?

The continuity of the whole series was crap, way to many loose ends at the end of ep3, while Im a huge fan of New Hope, Empire and Return, this prequil strikes me more like "lets milk the tit of scifi addicts dry with merchandise!" and little in the way of story.

Matteh

Fledgling Freddie
Good film. I like sci fi's and I try not to look for the mistakes :p

Btw it says Padme dies because she gave up hope for living (because Anakin goes [where the hell is the stick smilie] to the dark side) not because she got choked.

Obviously everything seemed rushed because they had to fit SO MUCH into such a little time to cover all the events of what happens in the original trilogy.

The simple fact of why it doesn't all tie up to the original trilogy is because THEY DID NOT PLAN to make 1 2 3 at first and cannot enter time at above warp 10 speed and go back and change what they did before. Sorry no trekkage here.

Kaod

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
The droids, despite going through 3 episodes together, Obi-Wan seems to have fogotten who the heck R2D2 and C3P0 are in New Hope?
Totally agree.

old.Whoodoo said:
And how come Vadar didnt get all mushy in Empire Strikes back seeing his old toy C3P0?
I've been racking my brains on this and still can't think of a scene where the 2 meet up.
When they get to cloud city R2 wanders off into a door and C3P0 follows to be greeted by Stormtroopers.

The rest then go on and meet Vader, get put into a holding cell and Chewie reassembles 3PO.

Is there another part where the 2 actually meet up?

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Jugvayne said:
I thought it was a steaming pile of Sith.
If you're too much of an impressionable idiot to read articles on the best page in the universe then don't.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
Geordie Star Wars >>> ep 3

and ep 1+2+4+5+6 for that matter..

shame i dont have a link innit?

whats goin on?
a divvnt knaa! think we're being attacked by mackems!

etc etc etc.... oh the doctor is here.. time for my pills

Ckiller

Loyal Freddie
Leia remebers the eyes of her steph mom i think not the "real" mom

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
Huntingtons said:
some things doesn't make sence aye. And the Anakin actor is utter shit imo, padme ain't a star either (cept for her looks occiasionally).
I was wondering about the Cewie thing as well. But i really enjoyed it :D nice movie imo. and givf a 3.5 what happens in the meantime with the universe untill luke grows up.

oh yaeh. and Lela in the old ones. How can she remember her mothers eyes when she's like 5 minutes old when she dies and luke cannot? unless she thinks she's born from a black mother and haves a black father - then she's plain stupid and should be shot ;<

something to do with an image from the force or some crap, and the thing about obi+droids... he was trying to make it out as if he didnt know, remember they wiped C3PO's memory? it was to try and protect the kids, only R2D2 knows what really happend out of the droids.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Ckiller said:
Leia remebers the eyes of her steph mom i think not the "real" mom
then she's retarded coz who the hell gives birth as black to a white child :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom