Returning to game

Vireb

Fledgling Freddie
Hi all i have been away for a good 6 months or more for various reasons and am looking to return to take a peek around again, How is the state of the game at the moment? is the toa grind easier now artis level easier? And are there any guilds recruiting these days? and how many old skool players still playing from 3 years ago ? i seen eggy is still about from just quickly surfing the forum. Anyways see you all in game guys Have fun :)

PS how is new frontiers, and since nf what would be best of my classes to toa/ml in terms of rvr effectiveness/server requirements with nf ?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I'm still here, like a bad smell I just won't go away.

TOA is easier, the more stupid MLs have been looked at (still some changes to come for that in 1.74), slightly less artifact campers around.

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
get a cleric and learn to play it well if you wonna be loved in RvR, im still working on the " play it well" part tho

Galoma

Fledgling Freddie
your friar or cabby could get loved in rvR if you know how to play them... :) Friar has to be RR5+ atleast thoe :twak: and very well played :)

Nf is strange... i never learned to love it... but its ok if your are part of a nice guild :D

Vireb

Fledgling Freddie
Galoma said:
your friar or cabby could get loved in rvR if you know how to play them... :) Friar has to be RR5+ atleast thoe :twak: and very well played :)

Nf is strange... i never learned to love it... but its ok if your are part of a nice guild :D
friar is about to ding rr6, cabby is new'ish char (last char before i quit) although has all artis

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Vireb said:
Hi all i have been away for a good 6 months or more for various reasons and am looking to return to take a peek around again, How is the state of the game at the moment? is the toa grind easier now artis level easier? And are there any guilds recruiting these days? and how many old skool players still playing from 3 years ago ? i seen eggy is still about from just quickly surfing the forum. Anyways see you all in game guys Have fun :)

PS how is new frontiers, and since nf what would be best of my classes to toa/ml in terms of rvr effectiveness/server requirements with nf ?

Hi Verb and welcome back! It's been a long time.

The TOA 'grind' is easier in some ways, harder in others. The market value of most items and artifacts has gone skyward. Most half-rare items will sell for ~ 15plat without breaking a sweat, and you can expect to pay a good 35plat for scalars arti and all scrolls, for example. However, if you play efficiently it's really not hard to do - farm elsewhere and inject the money into whatever you need. Levelling the artefacts isn’t a problem any more, they level all over the frontiers, and in very general areas in non-RVR zones.

Yes I’m still around! A lot of people have left the, but new people have joined. It’s completely different to how it was all those months and years ago, but still great fun (even better in many respects). You’ll see some old faces though I’m sure, even though most of our old compadres have left.

There has been a massive decline in RVR guilds, but one’s we see running around are Synergy, The Iron Wind, The Ministry, First Cohort, Tedious Ten, The Nalbs. I believe GoL are working their way back, and of course long standing guilds like HB.

In terms of chars, friars are very under-rated but great in group situations, and there are a lack of them in RVR. However, if you want to start again:

Reaver – zerg-killing bombers extraordinaire
Cleric – you will be loved
Minstrel – completely overpowered solo
Sorc – with MLs etc and new RR5, very fun class (you’ll get whined at)

Feel free to PM me in game later if you wanna chat :)

Honza

Fledgling Freddie
At least someone stays faithful ;-)

Just to add... insanity of leveling arties was turned in quite well doable form (all arties lvl in NF anywhere, Passage of Conflict dungeon included - yellow con mobs give above 70M xp for lvl 50 here) and otherwise in non RvR locations they are leveled in whole zone-types ie. Classic terrain, SI dungeons, ToA terrain etc... so no problem anymore.

Reikoku

Fledgling Freddie
hope you're coming back, perhaps you'll remember me from the pryd days :cheers:

Aadia

Fledgling Freddie
There's quite alot of oldies still playing... though you might find alot on alts etc...

Vireb

Fledgling Freddie
Elvo^Rylu said:
elvo long time no see you stillplaying albion then ? i heard alot of brethren went off to play wow

Shannesa

Can't get enough of FH
yes some of Tb went to Wow there is me and evo as i know still play on albs i was ashort tiem in tb thought but i liked many of them

welcome back to the game as well

geeza

Fledgling Freddie
hi , we dont know each other.. but welcome bk to doac, its nice to c old players comming bk, in the wake of WoW, that bloody game has destroyed our guild Nosferatu reges, but we r slowly rebuilding...
Any way m8 have fun n welcome bk :)

Sixpack

Fledgling Freddie
Lovely if you decide to come back but honestly, daoc is dead.
Most, if not all rvr guilds are more or less gone. Finding rvr groups is a pain in the ass and can take hours.

A cleric will not save the day either, since they seem as the new fotm. I have a hard time finding a group for my cleric mostly. So those who love clerics pm Terese because I dont know many. :D

Personally im hangin around for catacombs, crossing my fingers that it will bring more people into daoc and make it worth it again.

waok`whips

Fledgling Freddie
It's pretty worrying, that when FG v FG are so uncommon, that you start trying to work a group around the groups you most commonly come into contact with (becuase quite simply its just 3 MID groups, 1 HIB group, the rest is just zergs), to cancel out advantages they have. Yes, in general you apply this rule to the concept of RvR anyway, but there is a larger emphasis now than there ever was.

Thats how un-common FG RvR is, group-setups are constantly changing now, whereas you'd go months with the same setup and it would be effective for ages without having to make a great deal of change.

I think change is good though, in adequate amounts.

Kwidz

Fledgling Freddie
i think there is quite alot fg vs fg atm but its always against same grps :p
game aint like it was before NF but still its fun :)

wb!

btw, sorc r0x the b0x;)

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
found tonight that there were alot of roaming fg's who werent gg's, had good fun tonight and was monstly against fg's despite there been no dh/tt out. i think non gg people are starting to try fg's now..which is good ofc :)

Elvo^Rylu

Fledgling Freddie
Vireb said:
elvo long time no see you stillplaying albion then ? i heard alot of brethren went off to play wow

Sadly there's not much of The Brethren left.

I'm playing wow atm with most of the old TB's on Burning Legion, horde side.

Havnt been playing daoc for the past few months, but i'll be vengefully back when catacombs arrive :D

In daoc, i'm in Knights of Pendragon now.

Good to see that your back, maybe we'll meet again in Catacombs :)

Ashgen

One of Freddy's beloved
Hmmm

I was thinking of giving it another whirl, but there seems to be very mixed messages here.

I left because there was very little random RvR, and the RvR guilds expected people to play most evenings before even being considered as a member. Therefore, while my characters are pretty much sorted ML, Arti and RA wise, they just ended up gathering dust while asking for RvR groups.

I assume that aspect has not changed?

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Ashgen said:
Therefore, while my characters are pretty much sorted ML, Arti and RA wise, they just ended up gathering dust while asking for RvR groups.

I assume that aspect has not changed?

It's actually not *that* difficult to get a PUG now, although instead of standing at CS, it's better to look on the map for the action and just /yell when you get there. Someone will generally invite you fairly soon :)

Link

Fledgling Freddie
Welcome back - i'm still about, if you remember me! :) (still in Avengers of Pendragon ofc)

-Link

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
well im semi still here and comming back :p
nice to see that a few of the realy old ones are still playing.

Ashgen

One of Freddy's beloved
Now that's a name from the past ...

judas said:
well im semi still here and comming back :p
nice to see that a few of the realy old ones are still playing.

I remember Judas giving me a hand levelling my Merc at the wolves at Caer Witrin many many years ago.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
Cleric – you will be loved

Was no luv for me :(

Just out of intrest,how's cleric supply these days? Seems it's either way too many or nothing at all most of the time.

PS: Beeks/Obs still play?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom