Returning to England after 6 months

Morphius

Fledgling Freddie
Well hello to everyone who still has a vague memory of who I am,

So I've been away from England for 6 months travelling around various different countries and continents and in 4 days time I'm going to be back home and I'm rather excited by this bit of information. So I was wondering what would you guys recommend be some of the things I do when I get home? My mates are going to pick me up from the airport and then we're going to go a village pub and sit in the beer garden drinking beer and eating cheese and biscuits all day before having a massive party at mine afterwards, but apart from that I have no idea what to do.

I've realised whilst I've been away that I have infact seen very little in the way of tourist attractions within my own country so I guess I'll go on a little tour of England and see some cool bits and pieces which I've neglected to visit in the past. Apart from this I have no idea what things I should do, out here I've never had a problem with boredom, but I can feel it coming.

Maybe I should do something which is typically English, maybe Fish and Chips? Binge Drinking? Jeremy Kyle? I'm stumped. What would you guys do as the first things after being away from home for a while?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Good luck with the pub then massive party. Unless you plan to be on speed or coke, you will be fast asleep before long. Redbull just doesn't cut it for post holiday jet lag.

So sleep for at least 4 hours, have a shower, then go meet your mates would be my suggestion.

As for the rest, you'll realise none of those typical English things matter and you you'd probably rather be off travelling again.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Dogging is pretty big in the U.K. these days, Vayasen is really into it and can often be spotted at Sheffield's finer dogging hotspots.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Morphius! Good to "see" you fella :D I hope you had a great time travelling, I'm sure meeting up with your friends and family will be absolutely fantastic. Enjoy chap!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Go for a really nice curry with your mates

I can recommend some seriously excellent places to go if you fancy travelling to London. And no, not Brick Lane (probably the WORST place to go if you're looking for a really tasty curry - ok for lame students, pissheads & gullible tourists). Places like the Rajasthan (Upper Thames St) or La Porte des Indes (Bryanstan St). Expensive but you generally get what u pay for

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Pfft, come to Birmingham if you want a curry -- you just can't beat a balti!

Nate

FH is my second home
There was some airshow going on, dunno if it's finished now though.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
ha hay there morph! btw we need to see pics of your travels.

You said it in your post, first thing I thought was fish and chips! Get thee to Harry Ramsdens and have a good old carb-fest :D

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Almost-welcome back :)

Really depends where you live mate, Can recommend a few places in and around London
If you like DnB, Fabric in Farringdon stands out from the rest imo
Right next to Tinseltown (24 hr resteraunt), they have good food and great milkshakes although they have got stingy with the portions of late

In London the usuals Natural History Museum, Science Museum and so on, London Zoo is great as is the IMAX theatre
If you fancy some snowboarding/skiing there is a artificial snow slope in Hemel Hempstead
You have to visit the Comedy store if you have made the trip or if you want something a bit more fancy Hammersmith Apollo, maybe even spend a bit and see one of the more mainstream acts in the Theatre like Lion King or Avenue Q

meh there is so much you can do!

August they are opening up the houses of parliment and buckingham palace to the public for a month if you fancy a look

Rajasthan (Upper Thames St)
Good call, this place is amazing

Morphius

Fledgling Freddie
Some pretty good suggestions there, I've actually never done any site seeing or such around London so I may plan a few days there at some point. The idea of seeing the Houses of Parlaiment and such is cool, even more so for Buckingham Palace.

I think I should be ok for jet lag though, I'm flying from Bangkok at midnight and arrive in London at 6am so if I don't eat and sleep for the flight my body clock might just adjust pretty well. I saw on TV (must be true) that if you don't eat on your flight or around the flying time then your body immediately adjusts to the first meal you eat after or something similar, will give it a spin and see how much alcohol my body can take before passing out. The curry shout would be a very good one but coming from asia I've had more spicy food than you can shake a stick at.

A pint of decent ale is very high to the top of the list, out here all there is is shitty lager and disgusting Guinness Foreign Extra, it makes me cry every time I drink the stuff :(

I'll also post some pics once I'm home, I'll sort through and pick the highlights for you Ez.

djpringle

Pork Smuggler
Having done the SE Asia to London night flight many times, I would recommend sleeping on the plane. Get a nap in the afternoon, that way you'll survive the following evening a lot better. The problems will start the next day as your body will tell you to get up at 4am :(

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
I'm in Thailand at the mo (6weeks to go out of a 3 month stay), where abouts did you stay and for how long?

Oh and the jet lag will burn you, sleep on plane.

Uara

Part of the furniture
I'd second the party, but make sure its not too crazy. I don't want to have to tidy up the day after!

Laddey

FH is my second home
Welcome home mate.
Sorry i cant help you on activities :/

Get laid is the best i can advise.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
no but its a safe bet with these guys that someone probably is actually thinking about it at any given point of the day or night.

that and ham tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom