Returning players

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Hey all

I just wanted to make an observation, everyone noticed all the 'screw you guys im going home' threads not all that long ago, when alot of people where leaving, but just recently alot of people seem to have been returning to the game.

I've noticed a fair few old faces back in the game of late, its good to see :) morale has felt a bit low in the daoc community lately, but this to me was good news, so I thought I'd share it :)

:cheers:

Helme

Resident Freddy
Yep noticed a few old faces reappearing, im laughting my ass off at the people who sold thier accounts and want to return thought :p

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Helme said:
im laughting my ass off at the people who sold thier accounts and want to return thought :p
:)

Yup, numbers seem to be increasing slightly - no doubt a combination of folks that found Wow (or whatever other game) wasnt for them and folks back for Catacombs. Itll be interesting to see what happens in another month or 2 when the new-ness of Catacombs & the new classes has worn off.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Helme said:
Yep noticed a few old faces reappearing, im laughting my ass off at the people who sold thier accounts and want to return thought

lol yeh :D i lost my account coz gimmly refuses 2 give me it back :( even tho i said he can play on it, didnt say he can fucking keep it! well the accounts banned now or somethin which is good coz i dont care

i may come back i dunno :( wanna play a vampiir coz i heard there OPed and well, i deserve 2 play a OPed class :D

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Vamp is a cool class :) wasn't so bad in pve neither.. got one on excalibur atm, play it on my spare time :p

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
I haven't been checking too closely, but Alb Exc /who has managed 450+ at peak recently, as opposed to high 300's for the previous few weeks :)

Jimmyjr

Fledgling Freddie
Darksword said:
lol yeh :D i lost my account coz gimmly refuses 2 give me it back :( even tho i said he can play on it, didnt say he can fucking keep it! well the accounts banned now or somethin which is good coz i dont care

i may come back i dunno :( wanna play a vampiir coz i heard there OPed and well, i deserve 2 play a OPed class :D

they are no way near oped, miss rate is poor even with VE weaponskill buff up, there just another stealther killing class, they die fast vs damage dealers and die against s/s tanks. Can kill low RR casters easily, high RR casters fully toa'd is when you get owned.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Vampiirs certainly rock the bg's tho, since not everyone is buffed there, or only have a few buffs. If it wasnt for bb's they would likely be the strongest soloer ever.

Yshynsin

Fledgling Freddie
Darksword said:

Vamps are not overpowered, play one...

Vamps are only overpowered if you know how to play them overpowered

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Jimmyjr said:
they are no way near oped, miss rate is poor even with VE weaponskill buff up, there just another stealther killing class, they die fast vs damage dealers and die against s/s tanks. Can kill low RR casters easily, high RR casters fully toa'd is when you get owned.

vamps will kill pretty much anything 1v1, the claw is where the damage comes from, add to that fumble debuffs, ws buffs and end tap and HoT, no tank can take one on and expect an easy win.

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
I returned too after being away for 5 months but it made me really sad to see the numbers of online people dropped dramatically and almost all the people from Draconis Alumni left to play WoW :(

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Raven said:
vamps will kill pretty much anything 1v1, the claw is where the damage comes from, add to that fumble debuffs, ws buffs and end tap and HoT, no tank can take one on and expect an easy win.

i actually thought about this before - basicly vamp needs 2 land good hits 2 get power to kill a tank/melee class

assassins - evade too much
Light tanks - merc will make you fumble and parry a fair bit, zerk will parry alot, aslogn as he doesnt zerk and with the lower weapon skill zerk should get stun chain off then zerk and tear u a new hole, BMer can parry and evade (i actually think these 2 parry/evade the most, more than zerker or merc) and with triple wield u aint gunna live long :(.
Tanks - u only wield one weapon so they will block a fair bit :(
savage - well basicly should own

this class actually appears to be the caster killer <shrug>

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
This class is a caster killer, I also discovered claw gows through brittle guards :clap:

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
Have considered returning myself, after seeing what utter shit wow is.. im glad i didnt sell.. gonna get rid of the WoW acc for sure tho :p
Doubt i'd be playing a Vamp.. all that time spent getting the master levels and artifacts dosent sound too beckoning :) anyways.
It has been said before, and has to be said again.
WoW is NOT the option if youre tired of Daoc.. well for some it might be, but do not think WoW will even be half the game Daoc was/is, cause at this moment, there is NO game that surpasses the RvR system, even tho it may be different opinions as to if NF was all for the best ;)

Evergrey

Fledgling Freddie
Glacier said:
Have considered returning myself, after seeing what utter shit wow is.. im glad i didnt sell.. gonna get rid of the WoW acc for sure tho :p
Doubt i'd be playing a Vamp.. all that time spent getting the master levels and artifacts dosent sound too beckoning :) anyways.
It has been said before, and has to be said again.
WoW is NOT the option if youre tired of Daoc.. well for some it might be, but do not think WoW will even be half the game Daoc was/is, cause at this moment, there is NO game that surpasses the RvR system, even tho it may be different opinions as to if NF was all for the best ;)

Well said, couldnt have said it better myself.

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
Jimmyjr said:

i have a 47 vamp, and it can kill most things, and about s/s tanks, there easy, you just need to make sure you get that end drain in before he slams you, otherwise your pretty much screwed, its easy though, because you can mana bolt+end drain before he reachs you(just, if you know how to time it ;p), mages, well, easy enough, killed a few 50 mages, its only a few you have to watch out for, warlocks, theurgs, bds CAN be a problem, if you dont get a hot on then spam claw, only tank i lost to so far was a pala, i killed a zerk and had 80% left hp wise anyway, mercs fk you up with fumble, so you just fumble debuff them :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom