Retarted Typing

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
Just been looking on Facebook and my cousins wall, and its amazing how people 3 years younger than me have lost a total grasp of the english language.

EXIBIT A:

"o rite nice 1 mate hows it all going enjoying it more than at lufbra? yeh just taken this year off to see wot i want to do, cuz bin workin down in london at an estate agents for that time was real gud, but back home now until next sept n then goin off to the US hopefully to train as an airline pilot but need to do all my medicals first before i know lol shud be gud tho! a rite u not driving anymore how come? told u watch out for them cops mate! lol"

You ain't going to be a fucking pilot if you can't type english properly. I mean how fucking stupid does this kid look.

It just fucking annoys me. It definately isn't that much quicker than typing the full word. I'm not saying my grammar/prose/spelling is 100% perfect but at least I make and effort.

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
"Retarted" was a deliberate mistake then?

re·tard·ed (rĭ-tär'dĭd) pronunciation
adj.

1. Often Offensive. Affected with mental retardation.
2. Occurring or developing later than desired or expected; delayed.

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
Think Rulk meant you put "Retarted" when infact its "retarded"

:p

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Think Rulk meant you put "Retarted" when infact its "retarded"

:p

Owned :d

But yes - I wouldn't be suprised if we by-pass proper grammar and so on in the future and just stick to shorthand altogether.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
"Retarted" was a deliberate mistake then?

pwned Doc xD But yeah I totally agree with the degrading of the English language. I think it's easier to right in full than all this bullshit shortened malarkey.

echome

Fledgling Freddie
I am here with my danish-english to destroy it even more!!!

I can be payed in hard cash to stop posting - Or by transfering to my paypal.

Take care.
(Need finances to pay for my revolution.)

leviathane

Part of the furniture
fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too

Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs forwrad it

Papa Cho said:
I can read it easily, been friends with Docwolfe for 8 years and you have to be able to decipher all kinds of shit that he types when he comes on MSN after a heavy night out

Haha just found this Doc :m00:

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too

Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs forwrad it

anyone fluent enough in english can read that, that 55% is a made up statistic, like most.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well leviathane even if that's old, point made though. I'm not english, i don't use it besides these forums and games, and I can understand that. That is rather weird.

Other then that, Doc, it's more likely you're pissed off at the accent used in it instead of the lack of "proper words".

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I hate people who use:

1) Total short hand.
2) People Who Type Like This And Cant Remember Basics
3) PeOpLe WhO tYpE lIkE tHiS.

echome

Fledgling Freddie
I hate people who use:

1) Total short hand.
2) People Who Type Like This And Cant Remember Basics
3) PeOpLe WhO tYpE lIkE tHiS.

BuT I tHouGhT ThIS maDE mE a MEmBer OF tEh 1337 cReW!?!:fluffle:

Thadius

Part of the furniture
I hate it when people cannot be bothered to type you instead of u.

Makes it look retarded:(

Overdriven

Nah, worse case is when people write out words; which can be spelt properly - IF they were to use the letter right next to the one they were pressing, or just the keys which are closer together.

e.g.:

Wot and What. - What is technically easier and faster to write.

Nate

FH is my second home
So he's back <flicks emo hair> you won't out emo me bitch! This forum ain't big enough for the both of us, dusk outside the MCR bar razors at ten paces.

Overdriven

So he's back <flicks emo hair> you won't out emo me bitch! Dusk outside the MCR bar razors at ten paces.

:( I've actually given the newest MCR album the chance because a friend of mine likes them.. It's not actually that bad :( Better than some other bands I could mention.

I think they'd be a lot better if they didn't start off with the whole emo thing.

Nate

FH is my second home
:( I've actually given the newest MCR album the chance because a friend of mine likes them.. It's not actually that bad :( Better than some other bands I could mention.

I think they'd be a lot better if they didn't start off with the whole emo thing.

come to the emo side, the powaaaahh.

- English -

Resident Freddy
Sureeeeeee xD That's what everyone says.

well when i first said "you mean retarted", it was meant to be a quote of thadius. I though it would be right under his post but some FH hogs posted before me and it makes me seem like i got a late joke, and got it wrong :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom