Retaliation, only good thing about Warrior?

Lian

Fledgling Freddie
I liked retaliation with my Warr in US Open. Tauntshouted Van Cleef and his buddies on me after telling the priests to chain heal me, smacked retaliation and the instance was done 30secs later just about. What really blows though is a/ the 30min timer and b/ the timer being shared with recklessness and shield wall.

Spix

Fledgling Freddie
Shady- said:
30 mins is HUGE timer for pvp....

But it is a total satan ability and having it with less time would make warrior so overpowered it would be laughable.
Imagine a 2hand warrior vs dual rogue with insanly fast weapon swings, the warrior would win 100% of the times with no sweat break since you hit back on every attack, you get tripple wield 2hand weapon, eat that

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
Ofcourse ppl will notice when a warrior is using fear? Rogues do have the 5min timer free escape from warriors ability though? Why not use it then

Robin the Brave

One of Freddy's beloved
Spix said:
But it is a total satan ability and having it with less time would make warrior so overpowered it would be laughable.
Imagine a 2hand warrior vs dual rogue with insanly fast weapon swings, the warrior would win 100% of the times with no sweat break since you hit back on every attack, you get tripple wield 2hand weapon, eat that

Vanish + Sap and wait for 15 seconds or stun and Sprint, if a rogue uses everything they have the warrior doesnt stand a chance, though its always funny when they arnt paying attention ;p

emma

Loyal Freddie
Spix said:

Try PvP'n as a warrior at level 60 and you'll soon come back and say otherwise. With Retaliation/Shield Wall on such a long timer pretty much everything rapes us :/

Ohh and just so you know i have a 60 warrior on the US servers.

http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?29636

Platin

Fledgling Freddie
Spix said:

As it should be, no ST should be able to beat a tank on the same level.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Warriors are shit in PvP, it's just a shame that I only realised this about a week ago when I had already gotten to 30+. Now that I'm level 40, I'm just hanging onto fool's hope in thinking that they might one day be buffed up to a class that doesn't get destroyed by everything else in PvP, because I'm definitely not creating another character after this one. As for Retaliation, yeah it's a great ability but it's easily countered (umm, snare the warrior, run away.. wait for it to wear off?) and the 30min timer makes it a shit PvP ability. It's only been useful for saving my arse against mobs so far.

The Warrior seems to be completely PvE based. Seems like Blizz have made the class as a PvE punchbag so that all of the other classes can use it to level and then have fun in PvP while the Warrior remains as what it was in PvE... a punchbag. What good is high armour, high hit points and decent damage if you can't ever get close enough to your enemy to inflict it? Hamstring is a joke, since most other classes seem to either have a spell/ability that demobilises the warrior completely, or they have a snare that slows the warrior down more than the hamstring.

Call me a whiner etc. but I've spent 6 and a half days /played on this character already and if I get to level 60 and find out that it's still shit in PvP I will not be playing this game for much longer.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Dillinja said:
Call me a whiner etc. but I've spent 6 and a half days /played on this character already and if I get to level 60 and find out that it's still shit in PvP I will not be playing this game for much longer.

warriors are acually pretty good pvp'ers.

when ppl realize its nothing close to a DaoC tank and stop trying to use it as one....

a warrior is much like many of the other classes, but yes, it is broken. yes Blizzard knows about it and yes they are trying to fix it.

but it really helps to stop trying to squeeze the WoW warrior into the suit of the DAoC tank :)

prozze

Fledgling Freddie
dont whine if you play warrior and dont have really really good items, because if you dont warrior is shit

warrior is a great class, can deal dmg + interrupt + remove healing power etc
so well... its all about the gear and your spec :)

oh, i forgot... dont compare classes at lvl 30 please, warrior doesnt even have recklessness before 50 and its like 50 times better then retaliation

only bad thing with warriors is that people think they miss alot in pve, was the same with valewalkers i DAoC before, then Psychox came and oneshot mages (without missing ofc ^^ and everyone thought valewalkers roxed more or less).

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Prozze.. warriors DO miss quite alot in pve.. but so does all the melee classes... now i dont know if thats intended or not from blizzards part. but i guess that ppl that plays warrior wants to have near 100% hit rate.. atm they are getting some 89% hitrate and some 11% missrate if we believe all the screens wich shows those details...

Talivar

Part of the furniture
My warrior was only 41 but i went full protection/shield type spec and i found almost all melee classes easy to beat 1 on 1.Like prozze said its all about spec and items.I found full defense warrior could solo same lv elite giants and they mush harder than the average rogue:)

Sanzor

Fledgling Freddie
In beta i did quite nice with my human warrior lvl 42. PvP i lost some and won some.
Some might be able to get on to me, but if they wanted to use root stuff or snares, it was mainly to get away from the fight. Such fleeing bastids >_<

Warriors are good in pve, but just as good in pvp.

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
A Warriors one main weakness is you need to be close to your target to do anything really. Almost all classes have some form of CC to deal with you, especially Druids who just take the piss really. You cant win, they just Entagle you and nuke from a nice safe distance!

The solution? Free Action Potions... It sucks to have to use it and its expensive if you dont fish/alc/herb all day. But the confusion you see when a class starts spamming CC on you and wonders why its not doing anything is classic!

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Are these free action potions on the same timer as the heal and rage potions, or would you be able to use one AND a rage/heal too?

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i love my warrior, only had a tiny bit of pvp so far but it was quite fun and i enjoyed it :)

only thing i can see thats annoying is getting constantly rooted all the time

would be nice for some sort of immunity timer in pvp :p

retaliation is damn nice though, whack that on and its pretty easy to kill most things 1vs1 :p

that said my only pvp experience has been 1vs1 or raid on raid :p

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Had tons of fun with my brother yesterday. It was me (44 Warrior) and him (36 Priest) vs. about 10-15 level 20-30 Alliance people in some lowbie alliance area. I was 2-shotting casters with my polearm and owning everything, every time they sheeped me my brother would just dispell it and we would carry on destroying everything. Such a great way to vent frustration and have loads of fun after being killed so many times by groups of NE rogues. Was quite fun critting for nearly 200 damage with my crap gun aswell.

So here's a tip for all you pissed off horde warriors: Go and kill some lowbie alliance, it's fucking funny. Oh, and bring a priest.

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
Jupitus said:
Are these free action potions on the same timer as the heal and rage potions, or would you be able to use one AND a rage/heal too?

ask me to make u one tonight j00p and u can find out for yourself ;)

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
this warrior whine is overrated tbh, they dont suck that much... (imo they dont suck at all though :p not lvl 60 experience though, only 35--.)

about the root thingy, yea that sux so bad... roll a gnome or die. too bad i'm a true roleplayer and cant get in touch with a gnome char :[

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
The Gnome racial trait offers no kind of immunity though, you cast it and 2 seconds later your rooted again..

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
The problem as I see it so far is, a Warrior "works" fine in a group situation when all agro is on you and you can generate rage at a decient rate but solo
in PvP and PvE (plus group PvP) you just dont generate enough rage to use all your to moves effectively. Though the change to Rage generation next patch "Rage will now generate when attacks are parried, dodged and blocked" should help.

Add this to the fact that alot of you abilities like Thunder Clap and your group 2 min Dam add, the rage cost make them unviable. Reduceing the rage cost of these abilities from 20 rage to 5 would help make them more usefull.

Idealy though reworking the stances and the moves used in them would be a better fix. So reworking them so they worked abit like druid cat and Bear form, Rage for Battle and Defensive stance and a combo based one for Zerk stance.

Platin

Fledgling Freddie
Garok said:
The problem as I see it so far is, a Warrior "works" fine in a group situation when all agro is on you and you can generate rage at a decient rate but solo
in PvP and PvE (plus group PvP) you just dont generate enough rage to use all your to moves effectively. Though the change to Rage generation next patch "Rage will now generate when attacks are parried, dodged and blocked" should help.

Add this to the fact that alot of you abilities like Thunder Clap and your group 2 min Dam add, the rage cost make them unviable. Reduceing the rage cost of these abilities from 20 rage to 5 would help make them more usefull.

Idealy though reworking the stances and the moves used in them would be a better fix. So reworking them so they worked abit like druid cat and Bear form, Rage for Battle and Defensive stance and a combo based one for Zerk stance.

All I wish is that I could keep the rage generated when I switch stances... THATS ALL I WANT!!!

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Get Tactical Mastery as soon as you can. Blizzard took the piss by making us pay 5 talent points for it but it is a necessity in PvP. Without it your warrior is gimped even more than it will be with it.

Don't bother with Anger Management though, even for 1 talent point it is a useless talent and apparently it's bugged to hell.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
what do you mean by

Without it your warrior is gimped even more than it will be with it.

if you dont like warrior dont play it :p

i dont think warrior is gimped, it has its flaws but as long as you can win fights against people higher or same level as you then you are doing ok?

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
I like the warrior, I just hate the way most other classes (all of them) can beat me 1 on 1. Today I got critted for nearly 1000 damage by a friggin gnome rogue, what the hell good is plate armour if a rogue can take off one third of my health in one hit?! He was two levels higher but my armour is all good stuff, that just shouldn't happen imo.

Then there's the druid root.. oh the druid root, I could rant on all day about that, but I'm not going to(hopefully enough people on the american boards are doing that for me). Same with fear. Yeah, I can deal with cc, but unbreakable 20 second+ roots and spells that make you run away from the enemy into a bunch of agro mobs kind of get irritating after they've been casted on you 3 or 4 times in one fight.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the warrior is complete shit - it does have some good abilities, but in comparison to other classes it just does not shine in PvP. Even in group PvP I tend to feel rather useless, although I do have a lot more fun in groups than solo, for the reasons stated above.

Now of course I'm no expert at my class. Hell, I only know the basics, but I'm also pretty sure that most other players I come up against aren't experts at their classes either, and yet they still seem to have the upper hand almost all of the time and kill me with relative ease - Unless I attack them while they are low on health/mana or they are 5+ levels lower than me.

Anyway. yeah. Some guy on the WoW US forums said that "A warrior without a priest is like a mage without mana". Although that may be a slight exaggeration, it is quite true from my experience. PvP is only fun as a warrior if you have some kind of support class to back you up.

Before you say "well you are low level bla etc.", I'm level 47 now and from reading posts by level 60 warriors on the American boards, it doesn't look like there is going to be much improvement through the last 13 levels.

"Need more rage". Oh, the irony.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
At 60 warriors beat paladins 1 on 1 easy if played well :)

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Dillinja said:
I like the warrior, I just hate the way most other classes (all of them) can beat me 1 on 1. Today I got critted for nearly 1000 damage by a friggin gnome rogue, what the hell good is plate armour if a rogue can take off one third of my health in one hit?! He was two levels higher but my armour is all good stuff, that just shouldn't happen imo.

Rogue's damage seems to be out of hand anyway really, at least from what i have seen.As for warriors, isn't enrage 5 and flurry 5 really good combo? also using 2 maces with that must be quite fun too since you would hit real fast and get stuns off.I haven't really played a warrior much, only to 36 in final beta so do not know much about them though most say mortal strike is very good aswell as recklessness(?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom