Retail Patch 2 and the SDK

J

joe_black

Any chance of you pasting the details here mate?

Joe

P

[PMOH]STG

Yep, no problem

Quote from Chris Shelton, EA

Sorry for the perceived delay in support for Spearhead, and the Spearhead SDK, but I assure you all we've been working hard on both items over the last few weeks. We did of course take some time off for the holidays here's where we currently stand:

Retail Patch 2
RP2 is in final testing. This patch includes bug fixes, and some anti-cheating measures. Most importantly, this patch includes a working implementation of SV_PURE. Our last attempt at SV_PURE was botched due to miscommunication between departments here. I assure you this time SV_PURE will work (crosses fingers).

For those who don't know, SV_PURE is a server setting that will not allow clients to play with hacked or changed files. This includes cheating hacks like invisible walls, and even useful hacks like new crosshairs or weapon skins. If SV_PURE is enabled, you will not be allowed to play with any modifications, the trade off is that it ensures everybody is playing by the same rules.

Spearhead SDK
The SDK is finished, and is being packed up for external testing. If you're wondering what the SDK includes, well just a brief list would be tutorials on how to set up single player AI, mounted weapons, TOW map documention, and a model exporter for 3DSMax. Also some updated TIKI documentation will be included as well as some .map source files, amongst other things.

We expect to have both items through test and available for download within the next thirty days. Feel free to quote me on this post to other forums, newsgroups, etc.

This is not an official EA response, all dates are tentative, and release of said items is not guaranteed.

Thank you all for your patience,
Chris

P

Pac^

good news for SH owners...but isnt it about time mohaa only owners got a patch too!

J

joe_black

I'd like to see MOHAA get a patch implementing the SH "no lean" update. That would make a perfect game erm... well it would be peaches and cream with a cherry on top!

P

Pac^

working sv_pure needs implimenting into base MOH too..not just SH, seeing as MOHAA is by far the more popular flavour.

P

[PMOH]STG

Originally posted by joe_black
I'd like to see MOHAA get a patch implementing the SH "no lean" update. That would make a perfect game erm... well it would be peaches and cream with a cherry on top!

As far as I'm aware, the 'no lean' thing in Spearhead is a server side option so hopefully this could be added without a massive patch. :)

J

joe_black

Were you guys aware that sv_pure won't allow "back-up" versions of MOH?

P

Pac^

it just goes to show that it would be in EA's interest to get sv_pure working in moh as well then doesnt it

P

[PMOH]STG

I don't think EA will ever touch Allied Assault again after the 2015 saga unfortunately :(

It doesn't seem to be in their interests financially which is a shame. (EA's only interests seem to be financial!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom