Restoring Ipods?

Everz

FH is my second home
Got a 2G Ipod Touch that refuses to be restored and keeps crashing when doing so. I've tried to do a manual restore but it keeps coming up with error 20 (apparently a security issue?), yet i'm running as Admin so security shouldn't be an issue.

Any ideas?

In before the 'thats what you get for buying Apple etc etc'

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
That's what you get for buying Apple

Chilly

Balls of steel
go and get bummed by a "genius" undergrad studying sociology at an apple shop. I'm sure they'll sort you out.

Everz

FH is my second home
See don't fancy giving it to a bunch of idiots who have less of a clue about what there doing then I do. My next solution.. is to try and restore it on XP.. could be Windows 7 fucking it over.

Everz

FH is my second home
XP computer says it can't find the internets via itunes and laptop insists to keep crashing. Fun.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
In all seriousness. Can you jailbreak them like you can iphones? Flash its firmware etc. might be worth a shot.

*Disclaimer, I have no idea about ipods so if it breaks it (even more) well...see previous reply :)

soze

I am a FH squatter
Does the reset on the device work?

Settings > General > Reset

This will set the device to useless until it connects to a PC though.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Had a problem with a nano once where it wasn't seen in windows. i let it run out of power and when i plugged it back in to the pc to charge it form flat, it all seemed to work. Just a thought

Everz

FH is my second home
Apparently the new update for 2G Ipod is borked causing the ipod to fuck up totally.. good work Apple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom