Respeccing

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
Will it be easy to respec a char? Or is this all NDA/something similar, forbidden to talk about kinda thing?

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Will it be easy to respec a char? Or is this all NDA/something similar, forbidden to talk about kinda thing?

No details have been announced yet, a lot of the specifics on this will depend on the beta tester's feedback on the mastery systems that were announced recently. These are pretty new to the game so EA Mythic need to see how much impact they have before deciding how easy respecs should be. It's all a balancing act.

Aesgir

Loyal Freddie
Hmm so the masteries are in the current beta already, cool. Least this way we have a chance of any 'gimped' specs being found lol.

I wouldn't imagine they'd make respeccing as hard as they did in DAoC, it's become an integral part of MMO's now, and i doubt they'd abandon a feature that people would bitch and whine about if they couldn't do it easily :)

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
Well respeccing in the new DAoC, with the new dragons and all, was pretty easy. I think about 50 respec stones could drop on a 2 hour raid which required 2 fg.

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
Well respeccing in the new DAoC, with the new dragons and all, was pretty easy. I think about 50 respec stones could drop on a 2 hour raid which required 2 fg.

stones.jpg

Lexa

Fledgling Freddie
I seem to remember respec stones set a kind of benchmark for the rest of the economy with a stable value.

rynnor

Rockhound
From dev comments its currently free but they will eventually set a price - it sounds like a Wow-esque go to npc X and pay him Y for a Respec - no stones :)

SonicBorg

Regular Freddie
its actually one of the few things WoW did well with IMO. respecing for a price instead of drops is open and fair to everyone. not every player has a great guild with enough players to hunt a drop for respecing.
would like to see prices fluctuate though, based on your communities wealth, or just after patches, or something along those lines.

rynnor

Rockhound
its actually one of the few things WoW did well with IMO. respecing for a price instead of drops is open and fair to everyone. not every player has a great guild with enough players to hunt a drop for respecing.
would like to see prices fluctuate though, based on your communities wealth, or just after patches, or something along those lines.

Yes - I'd say its a good thing - why should a game punish people for poor spec choices they made while learning their char?

It shouldnt be a totally trivial amount but should be affordable by an evenings grinding or so?

Mehuge

One of Freddy's beloved

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
Well, the fact that there will be respecs doesn't surprize me: there better be respecs or there will be alot of angry frustrated players.

I was more wondering if it was easy to respec. I don't see no reason to actually attach a huge price to it: ok you don't want a damage tank to switch to tanking tank too easily, stuff like that. But if everything is balanced, as it should be, there should be no problem being able to try everything out, see what spec suits your playing style best. But I guess this is one of those things we'll just have to wait for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom