Resolutions

Tigersans

Fledgling Freddie
Ive always ran DAOC on 1280x1024, ive finally got myself a BB account however I do get ghosting and can here the PC struggling to run to accounts on this resolution.

I therefore have tried to drop the resoltion but as soon as i switch between BB and Main char the delay is so long I LD, However if on 1280x1024 ress i dnt get this problem it swtichs quick between chars but playing is very laggy instead.

Please help, does anyone have an idea why reducing ress might cause problems when switching between chars.. Both chars are set at same ress?

Could it be that my desktop is set at 1280x1024?

Thx in advance

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
if you run fullscreen, you will always be able to instantly alt tab if the ingame resolution and desktop resolution are the same.

for example, if i run my game at 1280 x 1024 and my desktop at the same res, if i alt tab to get to irc its instantaneous. However if my desktop is running at 1600 x 1200 and my game at 1280 x 1024 (fullscreen) if i go to alt tab to irc it takes a few minutes.

So basically, run the same res for desktop and ingame and you'll do fine.

Tigersans

Fledgling Freddie
Nice one thanks for help m8,

Is it best to run 2 accounts in window mode then, one 1280x1024 and the 0ther 600x400? Or should i set the desktop ress to 1024x768 and run both on 1024?

Im all new to this so any help with what most people do would be appreciated.

Thx again

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
my desktop is 1280x960 my main acc is window @ 1024x768 bot window @ 800x600.

running a window @ the same res as my desktop results in missing the bottom part of the window for me so run your main window slightly smaller than your desktop res and your bot at 800x600, 600x400 isn't an option thats supported afaik and if it was then your in game menu's would probably overlap (they dont change size with your res).

If you have problems with bot losing stick try control panlel/system/advanced on perfomance click settings then on the advanced tab under processor schedualing set it to give more memory to "background programs".

set both clients to /clientsleep minimised.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Also, if your pc can handle DR then run two instances of that, for pve at least. DR seems to handle dual logging so much better, for me at least, on both my pcs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom