Resists/Missing/Dodges/blocks of gaurds!!

Catacomb1

Fledgling Freddie
A few of us in Thid last night were experiencing problems attacking the CK gaurds, archers etc. Every single Bolt/Direct Damage was either blocked/evaded, I missid, or resisted.

I know im only a level 23 fir wiz, fully specced in that line aswell, so perhaps getting to lvl 24 'may' make a difference, but can it be that 100% of everything I did against the gaurds was a waste? (and some were conning yellow)

It appeared that only hitting them with weapons or pets caused them to fall, so I was a bit usesless in taking down the archers on the CK walls.

This is my first caster so maybe its normal, but to miss/evade/block/resist 100% of the time certainly takes the pi55
Has anyone noticed this out in Thidranki recently? Is it bugged or do i just need to get used to it?

Cheers

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
When ck guards where first put in, as soon as they aggrod they chased you at speed5 until they or you died. I remember running all the way back to our telekeep only to be killed by the ck guards once inside (whilst our own guards stood by and watched!).

Mythic adjusted this so that the ck guards could not leave the central island. However this would lead to people pulling all the guards, then nuking them all from a safe distance whilst the guards stood their like idiots dying.

So... to get around this they made this immunity thing, basically if no enemies are in the guards aggro range then he isnt killable. So if you all want to stand back and nuke him, you have to have at least one tank for him to hit, otherwise he is invincible!

To add to this, there is a bug related to this feature, if you pull the guard then mezz/stun him before he gets in aggro range, he can sometimes stay immune even when in aggro range.

As for the archers on the walls, Ive personally never had problems, this feature was added to the 'mobile ck guards' (ie the ones that can chase you) and as archers are fixed I dont think it affected them. So if you really did get 100% resists then id report it.

Hope that helps :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
lol.. theres one ranger half way down to MB on ck island thats unkillable :)

ive seen i dunno how many thats tried to kill it :) mythic needs to fix those damn bugs someday :)

Shirel

Fledgling Freddie
BlitheringIdiot said:
When ck guards where first put in, as soon as they aggrod they chased you at speed5 until they or you died. I remember running all the way back to our telekeep only to be killed by the ck guards once inside (whilst our own guards stood by and watched!).

Mythic adjusted this so that the ck guards could not leave the central island. However this would lead to people pulling all the guards, then nuking them all from a safe distance whilst the guards stood their like idiots dying.

So... to get around this they made this immunity thing, basically if no enemies are in the guards aggro range then he isnt killable. So if you all want to stand back and nuke him, you have to have at least one tank for him to hit, otherwise he is invincible!

To add to this, there is a bug related to this feature, if you pull the guard then mezz/stun him before he gets in aggro range, he can sometimes stay immune even when in aggro range.

As for the archers on the walls, Ive personally never had problems, this feature was added to the 'mobile ck guards' (ie the ones that can chase you) and as archers are fixed I dont think it affected them. So if you really did get 100% resists then id report it.

Hope that helps :)

^^^ What he said :)

I'm pretty sure as well that you have to be within the area of the ck, where you get the "(region) You have entered Thidranke Faste" message before you can do any damage to the guards. If you were standing with the other albs on the ridge by the shore and bolting/nuking then you were outside this area so that could be another reason why you got resisted 100%.

The rangers on the walls were taking damage (from dots mostly). We did have a couple of druids and a bard healing them so thats probably why they were hard to kill.

The ranger standing halfway down the ck slope towards mb does appear to be bugged though as it looks like its supposed to be at the back of the ck near hb, there's a gap where a ranger should be anyway. I havent seen it shooting at enemies in front if the ck so you can probably ignore it.

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
me(lignator) and another druid (a bb) were healing the rangers up the wall (we buffed them also)
as for the unkillable one, ofc a bug, does nothing :eek7: and is a nice ae target for you albs/mids

btw that scorpion was also to test those guards?

and something else, why do infils and sb's try to hit a buffed druid at just outside ck? with a good style they can hurt me for about 1/5 of my life, hope they see my /laugh ^^

Sanzor

Fledgling Freddie
Enli said:
and something else, why do infils and sb's try to hit a buffed druid at just outside ck? with a good style they can hurt me for about 1/5 of my life, hope they see my /laugh ^^

That seriously depends. A SB with the 2h axe Mourning Rage (spd 6.0) can pretty hit hard with a good PA. A crit PA, and you might consider see them laughing at you :-P

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
They hit my Chanter for 5x his health :mad:

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Job said:
They hit my Chanter for 5x his health :mad:

that would be them hitting u for about 1200 damage........ i dont think so :p

ibes_aka_nyd

Fledgling Freddie
if u try 2 bolt them down when they r engaged in combat u will more than oftem miss, so u better dd them 2 death and keep ur bolt 4 when mids/hibs show their face, coz most of the time they won't b in combat mode and u might get 2 them.

had a fire wizz in bg0/1 and loved was standing in front of gate guarded by me m8 pally and was dd the guard, aoe the door when ennemies where standing on top 2 scare/interrupt them. was so much fun. was using me bolt when they shown their face either side of door on walls. got me many "nice nuking nyd!!" was the good old time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom