resist piercing?

Remote

Fledgling Freddie
Couple questions about resist piercing and resist debuffing.

1. Do resist debuffs take the resist below 0%? Say, if you cast the -50% debuff on a guy with 26% resistance, does that make him -24% vulnerable?

2. If it goes below 0%, does resist piercing bonus add to that? Meaning, if i have 10% resist piercing bonus and cast a -50% debuff on that guy with 26% resistance, would the calculation go 26%-10%-50%= -34% vulnerable?

Trying to figure out my future toa template and wanna know if the resist piercing is worth having with a debuffing class :confused:

izikiel

Fledgling Freddie
- 24% vulnerable = 24% resistant :)

10% of 50% is 5 so that means with that bonus 55% debuff?

other then that I have no clue! :)

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Resist debuffs are a bit complicated because they're only half effective on unbuffed people. Also I'm not sure if resist pierce is considered before or after debuff.

In the case of no resist pierce you'll debuff an unbuffed person with 26% items to 1%, if they have a buff on you'll debuff them 50% which means they'll have 0% resist if they have a top level (24%) buff on and -8% if they have a mid level buff.

Resist pierce only works on item resists and won't take people below 0. Assuming 10% resist piercing; in the unbuffed case you'll either take them to 0 (if resist pierce is after debuff), or to -9% if resist pierce is first. In the latter case you'll get no effect unless the resist pierce is first in which case you'll get an extra 10%.

Adorith

Fledgling Freddie
Danya said:
Resist debuffs are a bit complicated because they're only half effective on unbuffed people. Also I'm not sure if resist pierce is considered before or after debuff.

In the case of no resist pierce you'll debuff an unbuffed person with 26% items to 1%, if they have a buff on you'll debuff them 50% which means they'll have 0% resist if they have a top level (24%) buff on and -8% if they have a mid level buff.

Resist pierce only works on item resists and won't take people below 0. Assuming 10% resist piercing; in the unbuffed case you'll either take them to 0 (if resist pierce is after debuff), or to -9% if resist pierce is first. In the latter case you'll get no effect unless the resist pierce is first in which case you'll get an extra 10%.

Almost, but not 100% correct. Indeed resist pierce only works on item resists, and resist debuffs only work for half on item resists, but in the case you described you forgot to take into account that when the casted resists are gone, debuff goes into item-resist-debuff mode, thus halving their effect. In your example the person having a 24% resist buff (debuffed to 0%) would be worse off than a person having no resist buff (debuffed to 1%).
Instead, when you 50% debuff a person with 24% resist buffs, the resist buff is negated first, leaving 26% to debuff item resist, which would make a person with max item resist be nuked with 13% effective resist. I have no idea how this works with resist pierce, but the conclusion is that debuff nuking works very well on resist buffed people, not quite as well on people without resist buffs, although it certainly does more damage per nuke than not debuffing them first. Resist pierce isn't as important for self debuffers as for regular nukers but it's still nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom