Resist pierce nerfed...

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
i agree with bitte - the nerf won't affect hibs a lot since every group has a chanter that uses heat debuff and even with 10% resist piercing and WITHOUT relics you would cap after the debuff.
Atm there are 3 slots that can have items with resistpiercing (gem, staff and belt) which atm give a maximum of 15% passive resistpiercing. Most people will just swap the Traldor staff with Tartaro: 15% resist piercing pre 1.70 gets changed to 10% resist piercing and 5% more dmg (incl cap increase - very nice for hibs debuff nuking) post 1.70.
I would not rely on the "fact" that active charges don't stack with the passive resist piercing. Look at +spell range: Even if you cap it at 10% your range still increases when you use Zahur or Cloudsong charge which both have +5% spell range and +5% resist piercing.

Resist piercing was a nice idea which did benefit single dd casters a lot (especially alb and mid ones who don't have the luxuary of having a debuffer in each group). PBAOE was too powerfull with resistpiercing and it was probably the reason why it got nerfed.

Personally I don't think the nerf will be extreme (and especially not for hibs) and I also expected the nerf to come. Anyway, 1.70 which will go live together with NF is still a good 4+ months away.

Snikch

Fledgling Freddie
Awww they nerfed my darkrunie :(
Oh well at least i have the luxuary of beeing able to go darkcarver.

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
good

as i couldnt fit all the stuff i wanted in my template i decided to say goodbye to jacinas sash, and only have -10% resist, wich now will be the cap :) nice nice. A shame my traldor charge now is useless - cept for the range bonus :p

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
crispy said:
as i couldnt fit all the stuff i wanted in my template i decided to say goodbye to jacinas sash, and only have -10% resist, wich now will be the cap :) nice nice. A shame my traldor charge now is useless - cept for the range bonus :p
Traldor's doesn't have a range bonus. It's resist pierce + damage.
Cloudsong and Zahur have resist pierce + range.

raid

Can't get enough of FH
Hooray, maybe my tank will now survive 1 more nuke, good job Mythic :clap:

Oh wait, Im still chaingrappled, whats the fucking difference if it takes 1sec longer to kill me?

Casters deserve to be able to deal great amounts of damage, damage dealing tanks dont deserve to be chaingrappled and made 100% useless. Fix some real problems instead please.

(Yes I whine, whining already got my class nerfed so it certainly works, tho vnboards may be more effective)

poky

Fledgling Freddie
raid said:

Oh wait, Im still chaingrappled, whats the fucking difference if it takes 1sec longer to kill me?

Casters deserve to be able to deal great amounts of damage, damage dealing tanks dont deserve to be chaingrappled and made 100% useless. Fix some real problems instead please.

(Yes I whine, whining already got my class nerfed so it certainly works, tho vnboards may be more effective)

:wub:

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
raid said:

Word!

I have the feeling Hib has the nerfbat over its head atm. Just w8ing for last version of 1.70 or even early 1.71

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom