Resist pierce nerfed...

Jahar

Fledgling Freddie
Dark Age of Camelot

Test Version 1.70v Release Notes

June 1, 2004

===================================

NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

- Spell Piercing bonuses now correctly modify resistances downward instead of upward, for direct damage spells, debuffs and damage over time spells. A level 50 character can not have more than 10% Spell Piercing effect up at any one time (from items or spells); any Spell Piercing over 10% is ignored (previously Spell Piercing was "capped" at 25% for a level 50 character).

ceixava

Fledgling Freddie
jejje, no more 30body spec sorcs nuking for 400 on 50% resists with baselines

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
ceixava said:

and no more hibs doing 700+ so works for me

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
hurrah :)

woot don't need to put cloudsong in me template now...

cougar

Fledgling Freddie
bah, stupid with this nerfs so long after toa is released when ppl has spend alot of time to tweak templates.

Aussie

Banned
ceixava said:
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAA
Crying about 400 dmg nukes :clap:

Devaster

Fledgling Freddie
the amount of ppl who prefer to whine instead of playing the game is impressive :m00:

doesnt matter what, how much, when they nerf. zergers will still zerg, adders will still add, losers will still lose.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
was about time... funny some ppl even worked higher pierce resists into their template... stupid to think it would stay.

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Devaster said:
the amount of ppl who prefer to whine instead of playing the game is impressive :m00:

well i'm stuck in work so thats the only reasone i'm on here :kissit:

Devaster

Fledgling Freddie
[SS]Gamblor said:
well i'm stuck in work so thats the only reasone i'm on here :kissit:

i didnt meant anyone from fh, couse the fh whine has no influence over mythik decisions.

it looks like ppl at mythik thinking this way: lets make this, this and this. whats get whined to much we nerf.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
- English - said:
take this as a caster nerf?

back to dark age of tankalot?

I would rather refer to it as a casterfix tbh.

- English -

Resident Freddy
noaim said:
I would rather refer to it as a casterfix tbh.

maybe but i dont really understand resist peircing, just sounds like casters aint gonna nuke as hard

Amadon

Fledgling Freddie
- English - said:
er
resist pierce is the most overpowered bonus from TOA (increases dps vs high resists which are the real problem more than any other bonus)
we (casters) are lucky it's only capped at 10% (which was obviously an oversight from the initial TOA nerfs), as opposed to being removed completely
grapple, BG, 3 TOA bonuses which increase our dps more than they do for tanks (cast speed > melee speed, spell dmg = melee dmg, pierce resists > style dmg)
besides this only comes in in New Frontiers which looks like it's going to be caster/archer heaven (zergs/lots of ranged combat)

Devaster

Fledgling Freddie
- English - said:

with the current state of the grapple, dark age of tankalot its of not possible.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
- English - said:
maybe but i dont really understand resist peircing, just sounds like casters aint gonna nuke as hard

Not sure what part you dont understand, but afaik, it works like this. Say you nuke a target with 26% resist to the spelltype you use. If you have 5% resistpierce, your nuke will be as effective as if he had 21% resist. This is atm capped at 25%, so if you max it out, you can nuke him as if he had 1% resist. They fixed it so minimum can be 16% (26% from items then remove 10% with your resistpiercing items). It only works on your nukes tho, so you dont actually reduce his resist (for others that is). I dont know if this is how it works tho, but I would think it is like that.

- English -

Resident Freddy
noaim said:
Not sure what part you dont understand, but afaik, it works like this. Say you nuke a target with 26% resist to the spelltype you use. If you have 5% resistpierce, your nuke will be as effective as if he had 21% resist. This is atm capped at 25%, so if you max it out, you can nuke him as if he had 1% resist. They fixed it so minimum can be 16% (26% from items then remove 10% with your resistpiercing items). It only works on your nukes tho, so you dont actually reduce his resist (for others that is). I dont know if this is how it works tho, but I would think it is like that.

aha cheers, so basically, we r going to nuke harder :p

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
resist pierce is and have always been way to good, hopefully some "new" casters will dropp out! :m00:

Amadon

Fledgling Freddie
- English - said:

assuming you hit cap on a nuke with 179 delve, your cap will be 179*3 = 537 (no MoM, no TOA bonuses)
if you face an enemy with 0% resists, you'll hit for 537
if you face an enemy with 26% resists, you'll hit for 537*(1-.26) = 397 (-140)
if you face an enemy with 50% resists (best resist buffs + capped item resists) you'll hit for 537*.5 = 269 (-268)

now with +10% damage, your cap damage will be 537 * 1.1 = 591
vs 0% resists, 591 dmg
vs 26% resists, 437 (-154)
vs 50% resists, 296 (-295)

with 10% resist pierce (which lowers your enemy's resists)
vs 0% resists, 537
vs 26% resists, 451 (-86)
vs 50% resists, 322 (-215)

the only case where resist pierce is worse than +damage is where your oponent has no item bases resists (ie. resists from armour/weapons/jewelery), and if you're facing oponents like that, the damage you deal won't be your problem (the numbers will be :p )

[NO]Magmatic

Fledgling Freddie
I found / find resist piercing the only way to combat high resists, we have a lot of that in RvR... And I dont think that resist piercing needed the nerf, but then again thats just me (as I also dont think resist-debuffing needed a nerf besides self-debuffing classes duration to 8s)...

A problem is that hibs (energy/debuffed heat) dont fight against high resists, and mids (spirit/cold) only fight against high resists against some hib groups (not even all)(most will have cold, but spirit is on a warden and although they do rvr, its not 'that' common)... Albs (cold/fire for most dd's) fight against high resists against hibs and mids...

So I personally think albion casters, and more importantly elementalists (wizards/theurgs) get nerfed with this the most...

Personally I also find that the nerf went over the top, 10% cap with any effect, this includes chants... They should have put the passive cap on 10%, and the active cap on 15% (imho)...

But oohwell, its easier to switch realms now, since a caster (which imho have a few of the harder-to-level/get artifacts) have less artifacts to get/level...

Shawr

Fledgling Freddie
Glad I spent so long tweaking my template now (which ironically was tweaks to try and squeeze in more resist piercing) as I still have time to go back to an earlier version. :p

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
- English - said:

how about back to dark age of semi-balance?

i blame garbannoch ;>

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Well, it needed a fix cause getting hit for 800-900 with capped resists was kinda stupid...:p

BG and grapple next for some timer then? :m00:

Amelyn

Fledgling Freddie
Jahar said:
Dark Age of Camelot

Test Version 1.70v Release Notes

June 1, 2004

===================================

NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

- Spell Piercing bonuses now correctly modify resistances downward instead of upward, for direct damage spells, debuffs and damage over time spells. A level 50 character can not have more than 10% Spell Piercing effect up at any one time (from items or spells); any Spell Piercing over 10% is ignored (previously Spell Piercing was "capped" at 25% for a level 50 character).
Now rework your animist template so I still can use it ;)
:touch:

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
Devaster said:

doesnt matter what, how much, when they nerf. zergers will still zerg, adders will still add, losers will still lose.

Thats it, close the forums!

We have found THE post that sums the game and this place up

:)

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
hibernian grapple groups >>> albion melee groups at the moment

there is only 1 way to counter these groups atm, and that is:

<drumroll>

a bloody good theurgist

Bitteliten

Fledgling Freddie
This is a mid and alb nerf imo. Most mid and alb casters need high resist piercing while hibs can still use heat debuff. But resist piercing + pbae is to good atm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom