Resignation

F

FragFodder

Hi all

Just a quick post to say...

Well, it’s been an interesting 12 months since a post on this forum from Zey plunged me into a years worth of organisation both in the BWJK2 league and community. For the most part it's been rewarding, I have enjoyed things, and put ALOT of time and work into it (possibly more than I should have considering I also have a life which at some times took a back seat). What I'm trying to say is.. I've worked hard in the last few months and I've not taken this dicission lightly.

Anyway, since I started we saw the launch of the subscriptions system which basically did an awesome job of killing off JK2 public play at BW (and stuck us back to the Stone Age compared to Jolt). Forcing the organisation of weekly events considering there are few JK2 subscribers. Initially I wanted to setup a mail group for the subscribers using something like Yahoo Groups to keep people in contact with us but was told I couldn't because a mail-group isn't a BW service. They told me there was going to be a newsletter for the subscribers and anything that gets entered into the events diary would appear on that news letter. However BW managed to forget about my entries in the diary twice in the 2 weeks it’s been running. Even though the second week may have been a little shaky with me only posting about this weekly event on Thursday, my first entry in the diary was posted on the Tuesday giving them more than enough time to incorporate the post but it wasn't there. I guess the key thing that annoyed me about this is the fact that:

"FF / Yoni were worried the other day that the JK2 event didn't appear on the events mail which went out that is because they didn't add them to the diary" - Barrysworld Person

It's my fault according to the people who matter and I've not been able to run things quite the way I've wanted to for a while. No doubt they'll post and argue their side of the story about GAME insisting on subscriptions <insert the usual spiel here> and things will be ok in time, but I'm sick of being fobbed off, ignored and embarrassed when we try to run things like the weekly events and only 1 or 2 people show.

Anyway, as I say, I'm out of here and I wish Yoni the best of luck with the league and community, Damage for the weekly events and Kosh for Duels Day. We have a top line-up of admins at BW and all are willing to do what they can to get people playing on the publics again. I sincerely hope you succeed.

Meanwhile I'll return to having a life outside of computer games

Regards
Brett / FragFodder
Ex Barrysworld & Game.net Jedi Knight II Community Liaison

R

RSO:Gray

j00 will b miss3d Frag hope you will still be around to play jk2 untill we get a new breath of life from JK : JA

S

Shaft

You're kiddin' right Gray, of course he keeps playing, I will personally make sure of that ;)

K

KevinUK

Doh :(
I thought of coming today but was playing a mod I hadnt played before for unreal. I thought the turnout was ok last week :(

Y

Yoni

;(

sorry to see you go northern one :( - I of all people will miss you more than most :(

B

bigfoot

With regards to the diary there was an issue when you put the first event in, it wasn't displaying correctly for whatever reason. I don't know why this was the case as the other ones worked fine.

When the second newsletter was formatted I was aware of the issue with the first one missing the JK2 event and checked the JK2 diary and there was no event there for this Sunday, but on Friday or Saturday I checked and there was an event there. The newsletter is done on Wednesdays / Thursdays usually which is why it probably got missed as it wasn't in there when they drew the list of events off to put into the mail. In this case it was, whether you like it or not, because you put it in too late to make the cut-off date. If you look at most of the other weekly events they have been put in as happening every week for the next month which is why they are automatically included in the newsletter and the main "What's On" bit of the GAME site.

On the mailing list, I want something like this which is what the newsletter is a step towards, but it makes little sense to send subscribers to sign up to an external mailing list when we have a forum here they can use to discuss things and a newsletter which should feature events. I appreciate it is hard for smaller communities like JK2 to attract numbers, others are having a better time of it, but if you are willing to throw the towel in because of a couple of teething problems with a system then that is your decision.

S

S3-FluKe

GL Fragfodder :)

Never thought it would be the same after the pubs went, especially for the games with a smaller number of players but you guys have done a good job with what you have in the game.net sub community against a lot of problems imposed upon you.

D

Damage

You'll be missed FF m8y :(

But I wont completly loose ya :p You've plenty of time left now for playing JK2 for the clan or maybe Weekly Events

F

FragFodder

Thanks all

Do me a favour and help Yoni as much as you can, things are gonna get busy for her now :(

Oh and yeah I'll still be arround at a clan and player level so you dont get rid of me that easily :p

FF

D

Damage

oh and btw...

go buy BattleField 1942 and join the praccys it's much fun :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom