Resident Evil 2 remake demo out!

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
As title states, the RE 2 remake demo is out for free on steam! Seems cool as f*ck.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Aye, great isnt it :) going to buy it when it releases on the 26th.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Few tips for getting an S rank on hardcore

- don't waste your handgun bullets trying to kill zombies via shooting them in the head, instead shoot their legs out and stab them to death with a knife
- use the shotgun only for zombie headshots
- avoid MR X, not even worth putting him down in hardcore
- try to always mix green/red/blue herb when possible - bare minimum mix green with red for a full heal (adding the blue gives you a defence buff + cures poison too)

Apart from that, use grenades properly, dont waste them on zombies :) the rest is just down to learning the most efficient way to avoid enemies rather than wasting time killing them.

Edit: Also, if you have any of the infinite weapons (handgun or knife, I assume you wont have the submachine gun yet) don't use them as the infinite weapons reduce your overall rank.

Last edited:

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I haven't even escaped the prison yet and you're onto playthrough 72 man.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I don't think I can get a better time, i've barely had any sleep since it came out - 97% done on Trophies now too :D

50885297_232317524342654_2157143201247395840_o.jpg

Last edited:

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Fuck me that's impressive. How many runs have you done now then?

I've just taken back over Leon after running about with Ada and her silly handheld hacker machine.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Fuck me that's impressive. How many runs have you done now then?

I've just taken back over Leon after running about with Ada and her silly handheld hacker machine.

Not sure tbh, done loads on standard/assisted just to get used to item placements etc, item placements are the same through all difficulties with the exception of extra backpack spaces, once I got used to them I bumped it upto hardcore and just kept going/pushing, first I managed a sub 2:30 run, then a sub 2 then ultimately the above.

They also have different placements (somewhat) on Scenario A and B.

Claire seems 'harder' than Leon to get a good time on though, Leons weapons are just straight up better (not including the infinite weapons because using those gives you a worse rank)

Last edited:

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Is it only me that's feeling a bit disappointed with the remake? Many monsters from RE2 are missing, and It's feeling way too arcadey and plastic (everything is too shiny) compared to original RE2. Puzzles feels artificial compared to the original's more natural feel. With the system implemented (decapitation etc) they could have made certain weapons feel powerful, but it just doesn't.

Boo. On to RE3 remake.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Is it only me that's feeling a bit disappointed with the remake? Many monsters from RE2 are missing, and It's feeling way too arcadey and plastic (everything is too shiny) compared to original RE2. Puzzles feels artificial compared to the original's more natural feel. With the system implemented (decapitation etc) they could have made certain weapons feel powerful, but it just doesn't.

Boo. On to RE3 remake.

I liked it, not as much as the original but I did like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom