Research project: Boredom in MMOGs

mmogresearch

Fledgling Freddie
In conjunction with a project at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), we have made a survey that asks some questions about boredom in MMOGs. It is 14 questions and will only take a few minutes to complete. We would greatly appreciate if you would take the time to answer these questions and help us in our project. Thanks in advance. :)
The survey can be found here

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
Those graphs were a bit shit, I would have left that section out if it was my survey. Additionally I probably would have ticked all the text boxes for most of the multiple choice questions but that wasn't allowed either. But the options given were pretty good.

Doing a statistics class eh? I thought people just made up the results for those things :p

mmogresearch

Fledgling Freddie
The answers are intended to aid our model of boredom in MMOGs and it is very interesting to see what the community has to say about this. I agree that the graphs can be a bit hard to understand but it is much of the basis for our model :)

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Cool!

I'm gonna take that survey 100 times a day and fill it with duff data...

W00t!

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
I think the required answer here is: "Because he's bored".

... still a gheh thing to do though.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
done. good luck with your survey.

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
First of all - wrong forum. If you want mass results, let the legions of brainless DAoC'ers fill out your precious survey, post it either in the RPG forum or the DAoC subforum.

And btw where in your survey is the "boredom" factor in MMORPG's covered?
The graphs are also a little shit - seen them in countless other MMORPG "surveys" before.

Aren't there more interesting topics? Like the breeding behaviours of Estonian crustaceans?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
bah, such negativity. I bet you all PK noobs :(

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
Just did that Bartle test:
80% Socializer, 60% Explorer, 40% Killer, 20% Achiever
Bloody hell. I'm nice!

JBP|

Part of the furniture
im just wondering if this thread has escaped from the clipboard people thread :touch:

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
No it isn't you berk, hence the use of territorial acronyms such as EMEA - Europe, Middle East & Asia. It's part of the physical landmass but not the political region...

Munkey knows this, on account of living there. Hence his comment.

Mofo8

Fledgling Freddie
Xavier said:
No it isn't you berk, hence the use of territorial acronyms such as EMEA - Europe, Middle East & Asia. It's part of the physical landmass but not the political region...

Munkey knows this, on account of living there. Hence his comment.

Mmmhhh... a bit grumpy aren't we. I was basing my point on the fact the survey asks "On what continent do you live?". If the survey has asked instead "In what political region do you live?" then that'd be a different matter. As for the acronym EMEA, I've only over seen it used by large (mostly American) corporations when describing their overseas operations. It's not a term used AFAIK in geography.

continent (LAND)
noun [C]
one of the seven large land masses on the Earth's surface, surrounded, or mainly surrounded, by sea and usually consisting of various countries

Here's a handy website that will tell you a wee bit about the continents of the world.

Chill out :)

[edit] It's my day off work today, so I may arm myself with a clipboard and head down to Paisley's High Street to badger workers heading out to their lunch. My single question to them will be: "Is the Middle East a continent?"

granny

Fledgling Freddie
Survey done.

The whole thing with the graphs really, REALLY needs to be far better explained though, especially if it's, as you say, the basis for your model. For instance, the structure of the questionaire is going to give you discrete data but you're asking people to evaluate continuous data... isn't that going to make it impossible to choose the correct statistical tests? Are you going to use parametric or non-parametric tests?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom