Advice Required driver missing.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Got a stumper here. Have a copy of Win7 Ultimate 32bit with 64bit Recovery tool. Apparently the 64bit installs fine for everyone but me. Currently have 32bit installed.

Now, after the "Setup is starting" bumf I get the message "A required CD/DVD Devie Driver is missing" I've looked EVERYWHERE. It's a fairly old ATA drive but 32bit installs on it no problem. Microsoft are useless since the only "Fix" they have doesn't work, so I'm turning to you, the brain trust.

In case you haven't figured it out it's not a legal copy =P Also if it'll help it's a TSST Corp SH-D162D DVD-Rom drive.

Ta muchly.

Access Denied

Scrap that, re-burning the ISO for the 3rd time somehow sorted it. Can the mods delete this thread?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
No don't delete it. Make him wallow in his shame a little longer :)

Gratz on fixing it

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
You should have bought it. I wish you endless problems with it (and that's quite likely)

Access Denied

You should have bought it. I wish you endless problems with it (and that's quite likely)

Well I already spent a shit load on the 32bit and I flatly refuse to pay out another shit load for an upgrade disc.

soze

I am a FH squatter
It has been my experience that Windows 7 will install either version with the same code, you would just need to lay your hands on official media rather than running hokey Windows.

Access Denied

Really? Hmm, will check that out, if that's the case I'll do that.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Hopefully some one with retail can confirm, but from what i remember a retail box will ship with both disks. OEM will only ship with one disk but the code will work across both versions so you will just need a OEM disk.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hopefully some one with retail can confirm, but from what i remember a retail box will ship with both disks. OEM will only ship with one disk but the code will work across both versions so you will just need a OEM disk.
My retail has both versions in the same box but only one CD-Key in the box so you must be right.

Access Denied

That might explain why I only got one version. I downloaded it from the Microsoft website. Will download the 64bit today and install it next time I do a format. Pain in the arse to do twice in 24 hours, lol.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
There are lots of stable versions but removing the WAT is pretty much impossible, so you can have the OS but not have it as registered, which means about the only thing you can't do on it is use MSE.

Access Denied

I can't remember Ch3t, been a while since I got it. All downloaded now anyway.

Wazz, there are bootloaders. Had a 32bit version while I was saving up for an official copy and obtained a bootloader. Was able to use MSE no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom